Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Consider Col. George E. "Bud" Day An American Hero?
Yes 15 88.24%
No 0 0%
Not Sure 0 0%
Sports Figures, American Celebrities Are My Heroes 2 11.76%
Other Answers, Please Post... 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,303,816 times

Advertisements

Do you consider Col. George E. "Bud" Day man an American Hero?

I do!

Col. George E. "Bud" Day served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, and is America's most highly decorated living combat veteran. Shot down over North Vietnam on August 26, 1967, he spent more than five years as a Prisoner of War.

Col. Day was the only POW to escape from prison in North Vietnam, only to be recaptured by the North Vietnamese in the South. Col. Day has received nearly 70 military decorations and awards, the most notable being the Medal of Honor. Currently, Col. Day is a practicing attorney in Florida, specializing in profound injury and death litigation cases and military law.

About us

"I don't know how many American Prisoners of War were heroes. But I know that Bud Day was one. In my life, I have never known anyone who better exemplifies the cardinal American virtues: compassion, guts, determination, resourcefulness and intelligence. Bud Day is one of the greatest men I have ever had the honor to know."

-- U.S. Senator and former POW, John McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 03:30 PM

989 posts, read 2,755,267 times
Sure, he definately sounds like a hero. Nothing wrong with proud service to your country during a war.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 PM

6 posts, read 10,997 times
Default Hell He Is

HELL YES Just look at what he has done...no if's but's or an's about it..

Old 09-29-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Asking the question during World War II, most Americans would think it was an insane question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THINGUSMC View Post
HELL YES Just look at what he has done...no if's but's or an's about it..
Asking the question during World War II, most Americans would think it was an insane question. But this is 2007, when even many of our federal politicians would vote a clear NO.

Lefties would think Col. Day was the enemy.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,493,673 times
So does COL Bud have more bling, bling than COL Hack piled up? Just asking.

As far as heroes of the current debacle, here is one of mine:

Thank You Lt. Watada

Old 09-29-2007, 04:22 PM

6 posts, read 12,141 times
Thumbs up He is a proud american and I am proud of him

Being a fellow nam vet, I am proud of my uniform as Mr Day is. As being a hero, all you have to do is look to the heavens and see tears in god's eyes. Although in combat, I can only imagine what he went through as a POW. Mr Day is a symbol of what life,liberty and the american way is all about. A true american, not a trash talker or a fake. Mr Day,I am proud to know you are a true american and have pride and warmth.
Bob Cerveny

Old 09-29-2007, 04:22 PM

Default What would you do if our military was full of your heroes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post

Thank You Lt. Watada
WATADA COURT-MARTIAL NOW SET FOR OCT 9

The second court-martial of 1st Lt. Ehren Watada, a Fort Lewis U.S. Army officer who refused to go to Iraq with his unit a year ago, has been rescheduled to Oct. 9. Watada's trial, originally slated to begin next Monday, was postponed at the request of government and defense lawyers. >>>

He would be your hero.

What would you do if our military was full of your heroes? You might have to serve yourself... And you could never protect yourself, because you believe in peace.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Why didn't you place your vote in the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post

Thank You Lt. Watada

The second court-martial of 1st Lt. Ehren Watada, a Fort Lewis U.S. Army officer who refused to go to Iraq with his unit a year ago, has been rescheduled to Oct. 9. Watada's trial, originally slated to begin next Monday, was postponed at the request of government and defense lawyers. >>>

1st Lt. Ehren Watada would be your hero.

What would you do if our military was full of your heroes? You might have to serve yourself... And you could never protect yourself, because you believe in peace.

Why didn't you place your vote in the poll?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:46 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,493,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

What would you do if our military was full of your heroes?
Shout "AMEN" because it would be end of the illegal wars. What a concept.

Quote:
You might have to serve yourself... And you could never protect yourself, because you believe in peace.[/b]
Sorry, you called that one wrong, princess. Enlisted and O-type. Army. But I am a bit old school because I still believe in the "Do Not Lie, Cheat, or Steal, nor Tolerate Those Who Do." I guess you are a bit more "flexible" on all that?

Quote:
Why didn't you place your vote in the poll?
Not registered to vote in your war party, chief.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:28 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,879,923 times

So, this Lt, raised his right hand and swore that he would uphold, defend, and follow orders. he did so so he could get college. he got his college because now, he's a real live officer. So just when did he chicken out? When did he start his lie? When did he start lieing to others?

Your hero is a liar, a thief and deserves anything they can hand out in a court martial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies