Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times

Advertisements

Ahh, the daily fail. The only UK paper which supported Hitler's rise to power and which continued giving him good press even after the war started. Some where there is a daily fail random headline generator which strings together words like "illegal alien government boondoggle caused by Asians", "immgrants rape cows", or other random nonsense but it sounds almost identical to the actual daily fail headlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 09:28 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ahh, the daily fail. The only UK paper which supported Hitler's rise to power and which continued giving him good press even after the war started. Some where there is a daily fail random headline generator which strings together words like "illegal alien government boondoggle caused by Asians", "immgrants rape cows", or other random nonsense but it sounds almost identical to the actual daily fail headlines.
Are you seriously suggesting that "nude rampage" is something made up by the Daily Mail? Well I never!

"The Sad Fall of Arizona's Naked Carjacker Remembered as a Former Brilliant English Teacher before Bringing Town to Standstill with Nude Rampage"

Read more: The sad fall of Arizona's naked carjacker John Brigham remembered as former brilliant English high school teacher | Mail Online

Old 07-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
What is the deal with this Dailymail.co.uk site? Im looking over the site now and a good majority of it is US based stories or stories about US citizens. Why would a UK based newsmag post mostly US based articles I've also noticed that conservatives post quite a bit of stories from that site here on citydata forum. Most of the time it's those stories that infuriate them. You know, the ones that make them take the blood pressure meds.

Is it some sort of rag mag? Does it have any credibility?

Your thoughts?
It has no credibility in the UK, in the UK it is widely know as "The Daily Fail" due to the paper not really requiring any fact checking by its reporters and a propensity for nearly tabloid level "journalism" aimed mostly at conservative older white males. And not even the successful old white males as the Torygraph already owns that demographic thus the daily fail must content itself with the blue collar working class types who are mad some Polish immigrant has been undercutting his contracting bids at the construction sites. Thus the paper tends to be really xenophobic, like extremely xenophobic, in order to attract the right demographic but even so their sales keep declining so a few years back the owners decided to focus more on American news hoping their website would attract a similar demographic of uneducated and unsuccessful xenophobes in the US but ones who hadn't yet figured out what a complete load of tosh the daily fail was as the British older white working class had.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 07-07-2012 at 09:43 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Every single Brit I know says it's a garbage tabloid.
One of my favorite daily fail articles was about "drunk foreign sluts" who trick English teens into having sex with them. Yeah, I'm sure those 19 year old guys just needed all manner of coercion before agreeing to have sex with young female tourists whom they met in a pub.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
What you see is the US version of it. You can switch to the UK version. They redirect you to US News because of your location.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
What you see is the US version of it. You can switch to the UK version. They redirect you to US News because of your location.
Is the UK version different?? How so???

Old 07-07-2012, 02:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The US version is actually somewhat liberal compared to the UK version, according to Brits I know.

In any case the Daily Mail is (unintentionally) the funniest newspaper in the English language. It often reads like satire. Of course if it was satire those behind it would be calling for it to be banned.

The UK edition to me doesn't look that different from the US version: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html (the US version's URL substitutes "ushome" for "home")

Old 07-07-2012, 03:09 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I meant as in US News/UK news. I have never looked at the UK section on there. I usually just browse the front page. Sometimes they have some amazing nature pictures. I like to use them as my desktop background

Old 07-07-2012, 03:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Or something about gay black Muslims in France molesting white tourists (Brits preferably but Americans, Aussies, Canadians, Kiwis, etc. will do as a substitute). Much like the C-D boards.

Their stock in trade is racism, homophobia, and above all xenophobia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies