Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Actually, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was not so much aberrant behaviour, but utter selfishness and the loss of compassion. Homosexuality, therefore, was not so much the cause but one of the outcomes of the breakdown of those societies. Ancient Rome is also known for having become selfish/hedonistic/hard-hearted and it is no surprise that homosexuality was prevalent there also.

So, people who think that homosexuality is "progressive" and a new, alternate lifestyle, are quite ignorant of history. In a way, it is the rise of homosexual activity and acceptance of such that is giving many of us a wake-up as to how far the US has fallen from its former standing as a place where people served their communities and extended compassion.
Actually, if Sodom or Gomorrah took place, it's cause would not be accurately known, but I'd be willing to bet it was caused by turning away from good...like murder, rape, lack of compassion, etc. It's funny actually...the Christians claim to be 'right' and 'forgiving' and yet were like one of the last religions to come around and the biggest and first to hate on everything...

The world would be a much better place without Christians...but unlike your kind I'm not going to spend over a thousand years trying to wipe out your religion and change it with a bunch of hate and brainwashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
It is in the state's interest to protect the heterosexual couples that CAN and WILL produce the next generation.
So, would you have a problem with revoking benefits to same-sex couples that do not produce the next generation, if that's all that marriage is?

Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why should marriage be changed simply because homosexuals want to play house?

What is an illegitimate child?

The waiting lists to adopt newborns is generally about two years.

The history of marriage did not start out as religious. And besides it's just a word. Why do you care who loves who. Why is it your business. Sadly, the prejudice in this country will never end. And some of us will always feel superior to others.
And you cannot be serious about a waiting list for adopting newborns. I have an orphanage not far from me with newborns getting older and older because no one wants them.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,180,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Heterosexuals have already made a joke out of traditional marriage, ya know......til death do you part.
Exactly.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
um, the fact that the law is unjust since we were born with a DIFFERENT SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

are you saying it would be feasible for a STRAIGHT person to marry someone of the same sex?

are you saying that people born with the homosexual orientation having the right to marry people of the opposite sex is EQUAL to HETEROSEXUAL PEOPLE having the right to marry in accordance with THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION>

Marriage, like it or not, is an answer to the question of how best to manage sexual relationships between men and women within a civil society.

Think of it as a code of conduct for people who make babies (heterosexuals).

Since homosexuals don't make babies, they don't need to abide by a code of conduct set up for people who do make babies.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Most people I know who are against same-sex marriage believe we should just stay celibate and single for life, Rlarson. Of course that's a standard they would never want to be forced to meet themselves.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Exactly.
You must think marriage is a club, it's not, what Fred and Wilma do (stay wed or divorce) has no impact on Barney and Betty's. Divorce rate means nothing to us who do not divorce, I'm not in a marriage club I'm married to my wife.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM

[quote=natalie469;25068183]The history of marriage did not start out as religious. And besides it's just a word. Why do you care who loves who. Why is it your business. Sadly, the prejudice in this country will never end. And some of us will always feel superior to others.
And you cannot be serious about a waiting list for adopting newborns. I have an orphanage not far from me with newborns getting older and older because no one wants them.[/quote]

Link?

"The history of marriage did not start out as religious."

How do you know?

"Sadly, the prejudice in this country will never end. And some of us will always feel superior to others."

If you have self-esteem issues see a therapist

Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Nope. I think that would just result in a mountain load more of divorces.

Really?

I was thinking it would just result in less irresponsible sex.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Ywhat Fred and Wilma do (stay wed or divorce) has no impact on Barney and Betty's. ... I'm married to my wife.
So what a same-sex couple does also has no effect on you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies