Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Then go marry someone of the opposite sex. What makes you so special that the laws of this country should be amended to coincide with your lifestyle?
It seems that the answer to the question posed in the thread title is "yes." I wonder if LeftyTrav has a female family member he'd like to give me to marry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Then go marry someone of the opposite sex. What makes you so special that the laws of this country should be amended to coincide with your lifestyle?
Ha. That's what some people said about allowing interracial marriage, interfaith marriage, ending slavery, allowing women to vote, etc.

Such ignorance. Maybe I should feel sorry for these fools.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Relax.

For one thing, enough with the emotionally-loaded language. I do not find you to be a "disgusting, immoral abomination". I do believe, however, that sodomy is a disgusting, immoral abomination, which should never be practiced and is contrary to the laws of nature. You are not defined by your sexual behavior or lack of it, whatever it may be. You are defined by your humanity.
You might want to look up the definition of sodomy. Most heterosexuals participate in some form of sodomy too.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
He like boobies?
I like boobies, can I have special rights too?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I like boobies, can I have special rights too?
How is it special rights? Every person would have the opportunity to engage in a same or opposite sex marriage

You make no sense

Old 07-10-2012, 09:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Actually, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was not so much aberrant behaviour, but utter selfishness and the loss of compassion. Homosexuality, therefore, was not so much the cause but one of the outcomes of the breakdown of those societies. Ancient Rome is also known for having become selfish/hedonistic/hard-hearted and it is no surprise that homosexuality was prevalent there also.

So, people who think that homosexuality is "progressive" and a new, alternate lifestyle, are quite ignorant of history. In a way, it is the rise of homosexual activity and acceptance of such that is giving many of us a wake-up as to how far the US has fallen from its former standing as a place where people served their communities and extended compassion.
You're so wrong. Most people find the thought of doing something new by indulging in homosexual behavior as grossly abhorant and wouldn't do it in a million years. I'm not aware of much acceptance of homosexual activity going on in the open. A number of heterosexuals don't want to place their activity out on open display to the public, either

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 07-10-2012 at 10:41 PM..

Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're so wrong. Most people find the thought of doing something new by indulging in homosexual behavior as grossly abhorant and wouldn't do it in a million years. I'm not aware of much acceptance of homosexual activity going on in the open. A number of heterosexuals don't want to place their activity out on open display to the public, either
For me, the thought of experimenting with heterosexual behavior is grossly abhorrent and I wouldn't do it in a million years. It doesn't, however, bother me that heterosexuals exist openly.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
This is nothing new, it already exists and that is a problem. Can't marry a striaght person and mask your true feelings and keep them inside. Won't work.

Your feelings about how you feel intimately, will soon eat at ya. I know people who have been there done that. And only became happy, when they became true to themselves. That has and does break apart familys, when the spouse comes out. And then innocent children are broken apart. And they don't understand.

People need to be true to and of themselves, and to hell with everyone else. Can't make everyone in life happy, that just won't happen. If you are not true to be you, and mask the person you are, your life will be spent in misery.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How is it special rights? Every person would have the opportunity to engage in a same or opposite sex marriage

You make no sense
Just following the joke.
Sorry if it didn't make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies