Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,887,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
He's done nothing to fix the problem. Or are you still claiming this economy belongs to President Bush after 4 years of Oblama?
Doing nothing is what the GOP wants. That's why they frustrate every action President Obama takes.

The GOP also takes two opposing views. They believe the government should leave the economy to the private sector. Then they blame the President if gas prices rise and if unemployment is higher than we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,306,776 times
Quote:
He's done nothing to fix the problem. Or are you still claiming this economy belongs to President Bush after 4 years of Oblama?
He has done a lot to minimize the damage. I can't imagine how bad the economy would have gotten if a Republican had been in control these passed few years.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:04 PM

29,664 posts, read 24,695,923 times
What I always find ironic about conservatives... They like to tell everyone how China is kicking our butts, yet they ignore that no other country has so much government meddling and subsidization. I can't wait to see Oblama get booted out, but believing anything is going to change is simply foolish. Most of these issues are completely out of the government's hands. The middle class will continue to struggle and decline. A select few will profit, and their gain will not trickle down in any way shape or form. That is unless you want government intrusion and interfering like never before. Our standard of living is going to continue to plummet. Neither party is equipped to stop that. New standard of prosperity in America... Did you have a warm meal tonight?

Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,382,540 times
Why can't some of you just plain admit we have a ****-y economy. If you can't see it, then you choose not too see it. Nothing good about it. More homeless and more unemployed then any other time. For gosh sakes, i know college grads, who thought college was the answer, at one time it was. Now they can't find a job, or a job of their choosing.

Housing criris is the worse one we have experienced for this length of time, homes values, what value! and no ending in sight for this criris.

Businesses are not making profits, that is why so many stores have had to close down, or close a certain portion of their stores. Obama is so bad for business people, i know so many small businessmen, waiting and praying for Obama to go now.

And i heard a little while ago, get ready, cause here they come now, HIGHER GAS PRICES, to come again.

I have many friends who voted for Obama in 0/8 they will not be this time around, and in part, to his crappy attitude, and his lousy policies, that have wrecked havoc on this economy, and will not be getting better within the next couple months, unless of course, the numbers are altered.
Say what you want all of you, i did not know personally myself anyone who lost a home, or their job, until of course, Obama got elected, and then BOOM, one by one, they started losing jobs, that some had been on for over 20 years, and always felt their jobs were safe, well they were until Obama came into the picture,

Keep that in mind, we still have people who have given up on the feat of finding a decent job, and many many more to be unemployed.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,504,453 times
Obama did not take over until late Jan 2009.

Not 2008.

Does (R) stand for Retard, now?

Have said it before . . . no Obama fan.

But the (R)etards are making him look like the better bad choice.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,908,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Obama did not take over until late Jan 2009.

Not 2008.

Does (R) stand for Retard, now?

Have said it before . . . no Obama fan.

But the (R)etards are making him look like the better bad choice.
Oblama was in the Senate from 2006-2008. But I suppose the (D)unces think that he had nothing to do with anything while he was in the Senate.

When you can't refute the facts, namecall and smear the opposition, right Phillsie?

Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 PM

477 posts, read 363,768 times
I hate obama. But you can't place the blame 100% on him. Bush didn't exactly leave a wonderful country to try and turn around now did he? I think both were complete f ups.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Oblama was in the Senate from 2006-2008. But I suppose the (D)unces think that he had nothing to do with anything while he was in the Senate.

When you can't refute the facts, namecall and smear the opposition, right Phillsie?
No, 'tardsie.

Both the (D) and the (R) are the bad folks.

But let me get this straight? So now you think a single junior Senator, in two years -- as one of 100 other Senators some how caused a bad or good economy?

You folks get dumber by the day.

Good thing you have your D and R parties to tell you what to think. Or not think. Whatever works.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
I hate obama. But you can't place the blame 100% on him. Bush didn't exactly leave a wonderful country to try and turn around now did he? I think both were complete f ups.
We have had mostly retards for Presidents my whole life.

Only thing they truly had in common?

All (D) or (R).

Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,397,911 times
Quote:

If you're going to blame Obama for the state of the economy when he was a senator, then you should be a fair-minded human and also blame all of the other senators for it - Democrat AND Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies