Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:57 PM

537 posts, read 441,378 times

Advertisements

This isn't good. Our Constitutional rights are going, going ........................soon.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

The real problem is there are no more 'good men' left to do anything about the problems. We are too busy buying cheap products at WalMart, watchiing HDTV, complaining about but doing NOTHING about the price of fuel since Dumbya and company took over, the War with the wrong nation, etc.

Citizens Arrested for committing FREE SPEECH in Washington DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 04:11 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
If you listen closely rather than just listening to the ranting you will here that they were in an area that was supposed to be closed off.
Of course the video just keeps saying over and over they are being arrested for reading the Constitution not the truth that they are probably being arrested for trespassing.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:14 PM

I am on dial-up so I am not able to hear the whisperings or anything like that. But them I also know that Bush has been real good at pulling the trespassing crap on people of this country. I mean, what do you think it means when there is a "Free Speech Area"?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:16 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Inasmuch as they were all wearing pink, I suspect they are members of Code Pink, a very outspoken anti-war national group.

But, I must say trespassing is generally not an offense that warranted arrest, but an offense that gets a warning.

So, what is the truth: trespassing, reading the constitution or harassment against an anti-War group (also once associated, not affiliated with Cindy Sheehan).

Old 09-29-2007, 04:20 PM

And I am a person who does not like the Code Pink people at all. I also do not like Bush and his sheeple that follow him as blindly as they do.

You are right ontheroad, it usually gets a warning unless the police are trying to prove that they are top dog or something.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 PM

You will get arrested for trespassing if you are told to leave and don't.
There were many others there that did not get arrested, my guess is they stayed out of the restricted areas.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
I just wish I were as wealthy as the Code Pinkies, and have the resources to fly around the country acting like a damned fool.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:48 PM

562 posts, read 660,145 times
They shouldn't have been arrested anyway. People have a right to say as they wish, it's in the Bill of Rights. Just wait, the cops will be knocking on your doors soon, invading your home, taking what they want and when they want. That's on the horizon. However, when it does happen, I'll be ready.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
They shouldn't have been arrested anyway. People have a right to say as they wish, it's in the Bill of Rights. Just wait, the cops will be knocking on your doors soon, invading your home, taking what they want and when they want. That's on the horizon. However, when it does happen, I'll be ready.
Go back and read the thread and maybe you will understand.

They were not arrested for saying something from what I can tell. As I can see it they were arrested for trespassing.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:27 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Oh cry me a freaking river.

This is a pathetic video. The guy shows NOTHING about what led to the arrest. Do you not think the protestors could have LIED about why they are being arrested? Demonstrators are arrested all the time for minor things WHEN THEY CONTINUE TO REFUSE TO DO AS THEY ARE ASKED.

So unless you can provide some video showing all the events LEADING UP TO THE ARREST, I'd call this useless as evidence.

Some people think FREE SPEECH is a lot more than just being allowed to say what you want when you want. It doesn't always mean you can just commandeer an area by talking. Just like the little Andrew Meyer punk who thinks free speech means he had the right to not only say what he wanted, but to break all the rules of assembly and order that were created for the forum in which he was arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies