U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 AM

5,036 posts, read 4,893,952 times

Advertisements

House to back anti-bullying grants - The Hill's Floor Action

Great.....more waste of our tax payer dollars, especially in a time where we shouldnt start any new spending.
Of course, I guess they almost had to do it, though they shouldve stood their ground. If they didnt, the media and liberals wouldve made it some stupid political issue like "Republicans LOVE bullies!"

We've had bullying since the dawn of time im sure. Yet now we have to get the FED involved and tax payer money??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM

12,369 posts, read 12,643,055 times
Anybody against this bill is likely a bully themselves.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM

14,967 posts, read 15,616,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
WTF?

Maybe some people simply realize the country is broke...

I was bullied in school and I am against this bill.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
And that wouldve been another attack by liberals/media.

We dont need more spending on social nonsense. It isnt going to ever end and what exactly does throwing money at bullying do? It wont do a damn thing but spend more money that we dont have.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 AM

12,369 posts, read 12,643,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
WTF?

A similar bill already exists, this one just refines it....read the damn article!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
WTF?

Many people were and many survived just fine. Getting bullied sucks, of course. You gotta learn to take it, and become stronger because of it. Toughen up no matter how much it sucks.

To throw federal money at it in a time we dont have the money is just idiotic.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 AM

41,477 posts, read 56,698,430 times
After reading the RW posts on theis board I believe most ot the Konservatives on here are heartless bullies that enjoy damaging less agressive people and get very upset when some argue back. I believe the bullying is used to cover the deep seated fear that they would be uncompetitive in a truly egalitarian society.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 AM

41,458 posts, read 22,654,567 times
no bigger bully than the federal guv

Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 80,314,352 times
Social issues ALWAYS take the front stage. Much easier to deal with.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,715,010 times
I'm going to have a different take on the who-was-bullied issue. I think, well at least back in my day, that it was the conservatives in school who were the recipients of bullying. When I think back on that time, the more conservative kids were the lamest poor saps in school and they flaunted their morality, religiosity, money, and lame fashion choices that mostly opened them up to ridicule. Moreover, it was the little conservative pukes who controlled student government as if that meant something other than staying after school once a week to attend to all the important business of being figurehead student-body "representatives," and I'm sure they used that time wisely to learn more effective ways of sucking up to the school administration and teachers.

Yet when they were alone, these conservative students generally got beat up. But the tides have turned now and those kids that always ran for whatever b.s. student government position now run for more important positions, like assemblymen/councilmen, legislator, congressmen, senator, el presidente. Today they've turned around and now bully us--the masses--with their hackneyed moral positions belied only by conservative ethos that laud low regulation, unfettered business practice, and market expansion overseas.

At least that's the way I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies