Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,804,251 times

Advertisements

The Party of Great Moral Frauds by Thomas DiLorenzo

Prediction about would-be posters:

Republicans - Won't read the article. Hands in ears, la la la...
Democrats - Won't read the article either. Jumps at the chance to say "I told you so..."

Please mention if you actually read the article. I would like to be shocked once in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,409,504 times
I didn't see much contemporary relevance from that article. It dwells on the 19th and very early 20th centuries and stops far short of anything in the past 100 years.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I didn't see much contemporary relevance from that article. It dwells on the 19th and very early 20th centuries and stops far short of anything in the past 100 years.
That's true that it doesn't cover anything contemporary, but rather just examines the roots of the Republican party. But I will tell you though, that it is exactly these "roots" that the Republicans often tout as their great legacy, especially that of Abe Lincoln. The fact that Lincoln was one of the worst Presidents ever, is either unknown to the Republicans or they are aware, but pretend not to know. Their favorite faux outrage - "Lincoln ended slavery and freed the slaves, but how dare the blacks still always vote Democrat?".

If you realize how fraudulent their origins are, it might perhaps explain why the GOP is still the biggest bunch of hypocrites on planet earth as of this moment. Democrats are mostly just stupid, but the GOP is just plain evil. Together they make for dandy politicians.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM

477 posts, read 363,477 times
So not much has changed in the past 150 years....well that doesn't really surprise me. Yes I read the article and its very informative if read with an open mind. Its not hard for me to do since I hate republicans and democrats alike. I am actually read unmasking lincoln by the same author right now its a very good book and shows the hypocrisy of the north and of Lincoln when it came to slavery and a matter of other things. It goes to show how brainwashed people are in schools they don't even know the true story of things....thanks for posting this I gave you rep.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Yes! Lincoln did whatever was expedient for the North and the Fed to gain more centralized power even if that meant playing the moral high ground regarding slavery. But now that tactic is mostly employed by the Democrats/Progressives and less so by the Repubs.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,778,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
The Party of Great Moral Frauds by Thomas DiLorenzo

Democrats - Won't read the article either. Jumps at the chance to say "I told you so..."

Please mention if you actually read the article. I would like to be shocked once in a while.
I enjoy reading some of DiLorenzo's writings. However, the rest of the OP's post is incredibly immature and just baiting. So, why should I comment? IMO, the Progressives on both sides of the aisle are great moral frauds.

I suggest those who are really interested in understanding the paradox of platforms and parties as it pertains to our economy read Peter Schiff's latest book "The Real Crash". Dr. Tom Woods and Thomas DiLorenzo are great at presenting the politically incorrect yet historically accurate views of American history completely ignored by textbooks and not taught in our schools be they public or private.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I enjoy reading some of DiLorenzo's writings. However, the rest of the OP's post is incredibly immature and just baiting. So, why should I comment? IMO, the Progressives on both sides of the aisle are great moral frauds.

I suggest those who are really interested in understanding the paradox of platforms and parties as it pertains to our economy read Peter Schiff's latest book "The Real Crash". Dr. Tom Woods and Thomas DiLorenzo are great at presenting the politically incorrect yet historically accurate views of American history completely ignored by textbooks and not taught in our schools be they public or private.
What was immature about what I said? Isn't that how most threads degenerate here? When was the last time any partisan criticized their own party and owned up to their own mistakes and shortcomings? "My party, right or wrong" seems to be the theme of the whole forum. I am not knocking on you personally because I know you have a soft spot for the Republican party and Christianity although you may reluctantly admit they may not be doing everything right. 99.99% of Republicans will admit to no mistakes though, so my barbs are only always directed at them partisan hacks and not at folks who can force themselves to look in the mirror and say that things can be improved.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:06 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,880,406 times
What is the point? Planned Parenthood's history is based upon an outright desire to rid the world of "undesirables" (asians and blacks).

That is supposed to be relevant now how? Do we really want to hold as responsible people today for what was done or acceptable in the past?

I'm thinking that nobody really does.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:12 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,778,666 times
Quote:
What was immature about what I said? .............
Quote:

Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And which would be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies