Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Not quite....
Most of the surveys I have ever read listed Andrew Johnson (Dem) or James Buchanon (another Dem) as the worst president ever..

Perhaps your thinking Nixon and Bush because they are few of the most recent but in the anals of ALL TIME.. they are not the worst......

The 10 Worst Presidents - US News and World Report | US News & World Report

The only 2 Presidents to ever be impeached were, you guessed it DEMOCRATS. Neither party has a leg up on morals.. both are pretty much full of scumbags!
And the only federal judge to be impeached was Alcee Hastings, a dem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I am not saying that corruption doesn't exist on the Democratic side. The point I am trying to make is that Republican corruption scandals seems more frequent and numerous than Democratic ones. It would appear that Republicans are more prone to corruption because of this. Maybe it is something about their character in general.
And you provide NO proof. Just your opinion, which doesn't carry much credibility.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 AM

402 posts, read 853,222 times
Default Back to Square One

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Republicans are of low moral character. They value money above everything else. Above human lives, above helping the poor, above democracy. Most Democrats work to better society, believe in social justice, etc. Voting a Republican into public office is like hiring Jack the Ripper as a social worker.
I really wish Dems and Republicans (both politicians and non-politicians) would spend more time together. While I am no moderate, I do believe people forget that both sides have good intentions, even when we disagree about the effectiveness of their plans or the desirability of the intended outcome. I am a conservative, but I frequently read, listen to, and discuss liberal points of view presented in a civil manner, and sometimes even change my opinion. But the second someone starts attacking my beliefs (whether presented by me or from someone I agree with) as promoting an intentionally evil agenda, claims the GOP is seeking to hurt the poor, or starts throwing around baseless racism accusations, I simply tune out or double down on my resolve. I've never been won over by that style of argument. If we could come to an agreement on this, then we could start a healthy policy debate without all the petty name calling and senseless hyperbolizing.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Lets not forget that the last 3 in a row speakers of the massachusetts house have been indicted.
and Billy Bulger as President of the Senate, as well as Barney Frank having a Brothel running out of his house.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Why are Republicans more prone to corruption than Democrats?

Simply put. They are not and that is a fact.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Why are Republicans more prone to corruption than Democrats?

Probably for the same reason liberals are prone to accuse conservatives of the same transgressions of which they are guilty themselves.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The greatest corrupters in the world are greed and power. Politics offers up the opportunity to indulge in either or both to the morally weak regardless of their nominal political party. Business offers even more of both. How we select incorruptible politicians and/or honest businessmen has always been one of society's problems. Open and free elections help with the first and close regulation to assure open and free market the second. Unfortunately both are rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies