Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I find it foolish to say one group of people is more corrupt than another.

In society, Ds and Rs are about the same in my observation. Most people are honest, and a few are sleazeballs on both sides. As for politicians, I think there is plenty of sleaze to go around, but I will say, the new GOP seems to have become the party of outright corporate prostitutes. Almost all the level-headed older statesmen have been purged and replaced with snake oil salesmen. They will say ANYTHING to get money and power for their sponsors, the country be damned. The Dems don't seem willing to throw the country under the bus to promote a fantasy agenda like the GOP these days. They really stink. I am embarrassed for the other side. And I am not talking about Romney, he is at least a bad liar, suggesting he has a conscience inside somewhere. Folks like Ryan, Demint, Delay, McConnell, Cantor, and the like just make me feel physically ill. They're precisely the type guys I know I could hire to get me influence if I was a billionaire. They are the best government money can buy.
Agreed, its a fools game and we are all fools. ALL politicians, regardless of party, are self centered and care about 1 thing above EVERYTHING else.. themselves.. PERIOD. They lie, cheat and steal from the American public who FOOLISHLY vote them into office time and time again.. YES, we are fools and the Politicians, especially those in Washington, are laughing all the way to the bank as we struggle to put gas in our cars!!!

2 words; TERM LIMITS! There is a reason why congress does not have them... because they are ALL corrupt..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
News fit you Brian terry is dead by guns sent to a drug cartel from our justice deptartment.
Terry family deserves to know the facts.
You can disregard this death as fox news but Brian terry is still dead
And there is goes, if revealing those docuements will cause the deaths of other agents should they still be released?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I'm sorry, you are not allowed to re-write history. The record has already been sealed. George W. Bush and Richard Nixon are the two worst Presidents in US history and they are both Republicans.
It takes a lot of ego to put forth your own personal version of the worst presidents in history and then object to another persons referencing a US World news report that cites historians rankings of presidents.

Overall though, I find this thread to be a very funny troll so please, by all means carry on.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
I think that it is funny that such an outrage can be created over docuements that may devulge the identities of other agents in the field but yet the other side was remarkably silent regarding the full report of happened on 9/11 and the Iran contra scandal

Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,642 times
...meanwhile the American public argues yet again over a stupid point while corporations and their lobbyists buy off all of the politicians and tell them to dupe us some more so we can keep having these stupid arguments...

America 2012

Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I find it foolish to say one group of people is more corrupt than another.

In society, Ds and Rs are about the same in my observation. Most people are honest, and a few are sleazeballs on both sides. As for politicians, I think there is plenty of sleaze to go around, but I will say, the new GOP seems to have become the party of outright corporate prostitutes. Almost all the level-headed older statesmen have been purged and replaced with snake oil salesmen. They will say ANYTHING to get money and power for their sponsors, the country be damned. The Dems don't seem willing to throw the country under the bus to promote a fantasy agenda like the GOP these days. They really stink. I am embarrassed for the other side. And I am not talking about Romney, he is at least a bad liar, suggesting he has a conscience inside somewhere. Folks like Ryan, Demint, Delay, McConnell, Cantor, and the like just make me feel physically ill. They're precisely the type guys I know I could hire to get me influence if I was a billionaire. They are the best government money can buy.
You started out ok saying both parties were the same. But I knew you were going to praise the Democrats eventually, you just can't help it. Another brainwashed American. Both parties Suck.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The two biggest corruption scandals in US political history: Watergate, and the Jack Abramoff money-laundering scandal both involved Republicans. The two worst presidents in history: George W. Bush and Richard Nixon were both Republicans and each presided over the two most secretive and corrupt Administrations ever seen in politics. It is Republicans who are trying to increase the influence of money in politics. It is Republicans who put the American public second and the monied interests who fund their campaign first in every decision they make. It is the Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, who has millions of dollars stashed away in secret offshore accounts.

Not to say that corruption doesn't exist on the other side. However, Democrats in general seem far more transparent and honest in their dealings than Republicans. The few corruption scandals on the Dem side, pale in comparison to the litany of Republican ones. After all, the only President in history to have resigned was a Republican... and it was because of corruption.

go to chicago, where democrats abound and republicans are in the minority, and where corruption amongst democrats is really big.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
You started out ok saying both parties were the same. But I knew you were going to praise the Democrats eventually, you just can't help it. Another brainwashed American. Both parties Suck.
You are trying to create an equivalence which doesn't exist. No one party is perfect, but on a whole Republicans have proven to be more corrupt than Democrats. Why can't you bring yourself to accept this fact?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidigger View Post
This is simple, when donors give to democrats for the most part, they do not expect favors in return. Bill Maher does not expect Obama to pass a law saying that he can do something that is currently illegal to make him more money, he donates out of moral conviction. But a Conservative donation is given by the likes of the Koch brothers who expect to see something for their money. They want deregulation, or some law passed easing restrictions on drilling and or dumping toxic waste. Just like Cheney exempted the gas industry from complying with the EPA on the crap they use to frack wells and look how it has devastated the water in these areas. But as usual the Republican deniers come running at the beck and call of their donors and say its nothing to do with pumping millions of gallons of Arsenic and heavy metals and the detonating explosives to crack the earth crust. LOL I guess the Joe Camels tobacco is not dangerous is still alive and well inside Conservative land.
I think you just hit the nail on the head. The Citizens United law will further aide Republicans in this corrupt practice.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Amen! It is impossible to honestly defend Dembs or Repugs-they are both corrupt beyond control. I can't imagine anyone proudly claiming to be a Demb or Repug in this day and age.

Every voter needs to change their political party to Independent or "no party affiliation" in order to get these leeches to stop deflecting and distracting Americans from REAL issues.

Although I do agree with the OP, in that George W Bush and Nixon are probably the worst Presidents in American history, with Reagan not far behind.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 07-10-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies