Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,053,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Now wait a minute - I was the one who said that a 12 year old girl can marry and that there should be no age restriction placed on the spouse. I specifically stated in that thread that I was NOT advocating that the 12 yr old girl engage in sexual activity until she was considered to be an adult. YOU and hammertime are the ones who can't separate sex from the concept of marriage. Don't mischaracterize my opinions.

You guys use as one of your reasons same sex persons should not get married is because they can't have children together, and since IVF is EVIL, how else are you going to make babies other than coitus?

I think you need to look up consummate as it relates to marriage too.

How about if a 40yr old woman wanted to marry a 12yr old boy? I guess that is okay too?

A 40 year old man can marry a 12 year old girl but two 40 year old males or females can't?

All the pedophilia talk is coming from your side of the fence.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 AM

14,830 posts, read 8,464,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Of course I can, and have already. But I'll be happy to do it again:

Kids raised by gay parents may have the advantage of open-mindedness, tolerance and role models for equitable relationships, according to some research.

Kids raised by gay parents tend to have a more equitable division of labor in the home. Children seem to adjust better with this setup.

Children in lesbian homes tend to have higher self-esteem and confidence, do better academically and are less likely to have behavioral problems such as rule-breaking and aggression than children in straight famiies.

Gay parents, on average, enjoy significantly better relationships with their children than do heterosexual ones, and the kids in same-sex families exhibit no differences in the domains of cognitive development, psychological adjustment, and gender identity.

Children with gay parents are no more likely to suffer from gender confusion nor to identify themselves as gay. However, they do tend to be less conventional and more flexible when it comes to gender roles and assumptions than those raised in more traditional families.

I realize you just may consider that last one a negative. But that wouldn't be very sensible of you (then again, what is?)
So this is your "study data" ? Look ... these are reports in magazines citing a collection of conclusions from various studies ... no actual study data per se ... no methodology regarding the manner in which the data was collected ... no criteria for how the data was assessed or conclusions reached. It's all Op-Ed, with no way of actually critiquing the legitimacy .... and I've already critiqued some actual studies posted earlier, with their nonsensical conclusions that are not consistent with the actual data the conclusions were supposed to be based on. But this crap is OPINION ... not data. Nevertheless, even this has some interesting little comments that tend to contradict the overall message, and I'm going to list a few for you ....

Examples:

1) Children seem to adjust better when there is a more equal division of labor in the home and the parental relationship with the children had a higher rating, she says.

"Lesbian couples share household responsibilities and chores more equitably," Perrin says. "And, the children of lesbian couples are less aggressive, more nurturing to peers, more tolerant of diversity, and more inclined to play with both boy's and girl's toys.

Really? What on earth does the "equal sharing of chores" between two lesbians matter to the damed kids? These are some very optimistic researchers here ... finding all sorts of positives where one might not expect to find them. Heck ... I probably would have turned out much better if my mom had mowed the lawn and changed the oil in the cars when I was growing up!

And why is it such an automatic positive that the kids were more inclined to play with both boys and girls toys? Given that children naturally gravitate to certain toys based on their gender ... boys and trucks ... girls a doll houses .... is it really a big bonus to see that line blurred, and the boys playing with doll houses and the girls with the trucks? Sounds more like gender role manipulation at an impressionable developmental stage, and a negative, in absence of some damned reason why it is positive! I detect a little diversity training influence going on here, rather than allowing the kids to be themselves and pursue their natural tendencies.

2) There was suggestive evidence that there were more stresses due to the gender of same-sex parents, but the children also reported greater well-being, more nurturing, and a greater tolerance for differences

Suggestive evidence of more stresses ? BUT ... the children reported greater well being and a greater tolerance for differences? Well DUH!!! I guess they would HAVE TO be more tolerant of differences. And, the children are now doing the "reporting" about their well being? How can children be expected to report their well being? And how was that report gathered? Were the children asked (while mommie 1 and mommie 2 are standing there) how do you feel? Do you feel good about life? What? How old were the kids ... how were these reports solicited? Who knows .... but even though there were more stresses .. there was a better sense of well being? How does that work exactly? When I experience more stress, I tend to believe that impacts my well being in a negative way ... I guess I need two lesbian mommies and my stresses will magically become "A greater sense of well being".

3)"We lived in a small town," he says. "While I was open about my family, I didn't broadcast it."

At times he felt isolated because he didn't know any other families at the time headed by a same-sex couple, Malone says. "My parents overparented because they felt like the whole world was watching."

So, this kid is just bubbling with well being .... he lived in a small town, and didn't broadcast his two mommie situation ...read: he was uncomfortable and embarrassed. He goes on to say he felt isolated ... and he felt his parents over did the parenting because of the perceived microscope they were under. Oh yeah baby ... I'm sure this is a much better situation than having a mother and a father .... yep. I can see mommie 2 teaching him how to do those manly things like sports, and working on cars, and just how to be a regular guy, like only a lesbian mommie can teach.

4)In most ways, the accumulated research shows, children of same-sex parents are not markedly different from those of heterosexual parents. They show no increased incidence of psychiatric disorders, are just as popular at school and have just as many friends. While girls raised by lesbian mothers seem slightly more likely to have more sexual partners, and boys slightly more likely to have fewer, than those raised by heterosexual mothers, neither sex is more likely to suffer from gender confusion nor to identify themselves as gay.

Really now! Isn't that special .... the girls of lesbian parents are just ever so slightly to be sex kittens .. and the boys ever so slightly to be emasculated pansies who have problems relating to girls .... but there's no real psychological damage going on .. and it's all good ... and even better than having heterosexual parents, why? Well, everybody knows how it is every parent's dream come true to see their daughters being very successful playing the field with multiple sex partners .... and it's not a bad thing to stifle those nasty urges boys have, always wanting to find some place to stick that nasty thing ... and besides, if they aren't real successful with the ladies, they can always enroll at Penn State and take showers with their coaches. It couldn't be that these girls are simply learning to be promiscuous little tramps by mirroring the behavior of their sexually liberal mommies, and the boys are psychologically distancing themselves from girls due to their mommies sexual perversions and underlying dislike of the male gender that they try to hide, but never can completely .... nah ... couldn't be. Maybe those boys just can't get too many girls to come over because they are creeped out by mommie #2 checking out their assets?

5) More enlightening than the similarities, however, are the differences, the most striking of which is that these children tend to be less conventional and more flexible when it comes to gender roles and assumptions than those raised in more traditional families.

They don't say! They tend to be more flexible when it comes to gender roles, and less "conventional" ... of course we all know how important it is not to get all caught up in that gender role thing ... we want our boys to be more like girls, and our girls to be more like us ... because as lesbian mommies, we rail at the very concept of stereotype gender roles and conventional wisdom about how to raise children ... with the exception of my partner "Freddie" who likes to dress and style her hair like Elvis. But we don't force our beliefs on our children, except of course that the are forced to live with us and our beliefs every day of their lives ... heterosexual children stuck in a homosexual dominated household. But they are learning to be tolerant, and that's good.

6) Not surprisingly, the researchers found that 41% of children reported having endured some teasing, ostracism or discrimination related to their being raised by same-sex parents. But Gartrell and Bos could find no differences on psychological adjustment tests between the children and those in a group of matched controls. At age 10, children reporting discrimination did exhibit more signs of psychological stress than their peers, but by age 17, the feelings had dissipated.

Oh yes .. the old Up=Down game. These kids are teased by their peers ... they suffer the stress of being "different" even more so than most kids naturally feel as they search for their own identities, and learn to fit in to their social scenes with other kids. But the psychological tests showed no problems ... sure, the 10 year olds did exhibit more signs of psychological stress than the other kids (wait ... didn't the test show no differences? I guess the test didn't test psychological stress ... so what did the tests test?) but they eventually got over it by age 17, and High School graduation day. Hey ... only 7 years of stress ... good for them ... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ... like mommie #2 ... she works out at the gym and can bench press 250.

Just one endless list of contradictions ... but no body notices, because apparently nobody can actually read and understand what they just read anymore.

We've got boys playing with dolls and girls playing with trucks .... we've got feelings of isolation and shame ... we've got ridicule and teasing ... we've got psychological stress on these kids starting at 10 years old, but "dissipating" by the time they reach 17 years old ... we've got girls that have more sexual partners than the girls raised by heterosexual parents .. and boys who have more problems relating to girls than the other boys .... and so it is the professional opinions of the experts in the field of psychology that all that put together means that these kids from homosexual homes are MUCH BETTER OFF than those coming from the less than ideal heterosexual families. Why? Because they say so, and you damned well better just learn to accept that. If you refuse, you're just a bigoted homophobe.

Welcome to the liberal world of George Orwell's 1984 ... where psychological stress, shame, and inadequacy equals a glorious sense of well being, and superior psychological development.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,314,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Georgia Parents Torture Adopted Daughter, Say They Were Just Following The Bible | Addicting Info

Study: Children of Lesbian Parents Experince Less Abuse than Straight Counterparts « The Idaho Agenda

Child abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foster mother inflicted 20 years of sadistic abuse on three children | Society | The Guardian

Video of Malaysian mother abusing 10-month-old baby goes viral

Child Abuse Story So Twisted You'll Wonder Why Mom Wasn't Locked Up Sooner | The Stir

Dastardly Dads: Woman kills herself after repeated rape by custodial father (Newcastle, England)

Dastardly Dads: Dad sentenced to 10 years for raping daughter for over 5 years (Warwick, England)

Dastardly Dads: Dad who raped, impregnated daughter sentenced to 40 years (Weatherford, Texas)

Dastardly Dads: Presumed father charged in fatal rape of 1-month-old daughter (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

http://badbreeders.net/2007/04/26/fa...down-airshaft/

The father and daughter were reunited when she was only 13 years old. This is when their sexual relationship began.
He claims he did not view her as his daughter, but as someone he loves. He has also stated, “I would not have sex with her if she had not seduced me.”
I don’t know if anyone believes this BS he’s spewing, but I sure as hell don’t. Even if I could believe a 13 year old was responsible for seducing a grown man, which I don’t, he should have had the common sense to understand that she’s still only 13! Oh yes, and his daughter!!!
Even though he is trying to pass himself off as a victim, his actions show otherwise.
His daughter has become pregnant on two separate occasions.
Both times after giving birth he would threaten her life as well as her mothers. He frightened this poor child into throwing her own children down the air shaft of their 3-story apartment. These do not sound like the actions of a “victim”.
What sickens me the most about this man is not just the fact that he has knocked up his daughter multiple times, but that he forced her to dispose of the newborns. Because of this prosecutors have pursued her.
Because of him, she is now facing up to 7 years in prison. She will receive her sentence on May 10th.

THE TRUE STORY OF THE WORST CHILD ABUSE CASE IN U.S. RECORDED HISTORY | ARTS+CULTURE

http://badbreeders.net/tag/rape/

I will be doing SEPARATE threads on EVERY SINGLE ONE of these DESPICABLE HETEROSEXUAL predators and child murderers/rapists and molesters!!!!!

Took me 5 minutes to find just these...I can find thousands MORE!
Thousands or even millions of stories of heterosexual parents abusing their children makes no difference to these bigoted idiots. All they need is one story about a child with a crap father or abusive mother who happened to be gay or lesbian, and suddenly ALL gay and lesbian parents must be crap or abusive.

It goes way past willfull ignorance. There's an element of insanity involved.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I once asked GuyNTexass for a source to support his conspiracy views about psychiatrists. He provided a video by someone from the Church of Scientology. Of course he denied it was from a Scientologist- but it was right there for everyone to see.

Scientologists hate psychiatry because they want to scam lot's of money from as many people as they can with their own bizarre ideas of "auditing' for pieces of 'thetans' (aliens) in human beings .
Scientology?? That does explain a lot ...

Old 07-16-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
So this is your "study data" ? Look ... these are reports in magazines citing a collection of conclusions from various studies ... no actual study data per se ... no methodology regarding the manner in which the data was collected ... no criteria for how the data was assessed or conclusions reached. It's all Op-Ed, with no way of actually critiquing the legitimacy .... and I've already critiqued some actual studies posted earlier, with their nonsensical conclusions that are not consistent with the actual data the conclusions were supposed to be based on. But this crap is OPINION ... not data. Nevertheless, even this has some interesting little comments that tend to contradict the overall message, and I'm going to list a few for you ....

One part ... "the boys ever so slightly to be emasculated pansies who have problems relating to girls" How in the world do you come to that conclusion from the fact they have fewer sex partners?

How do you manage to come to a much different conclusion than the researchers doing the studies? The data referred to in the magazine articles is available if you choose to look for it.

There is a Bibliography listing sources.

When the facts don't fit your opinion, you change what the data means so it will fit.

Last edited by Trackwatch; 07-16-2012 at 05:23 AM..

Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,820,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So if a heterosexual couple can't have children naturally and adopt a child they will have no bond?
they will have an artificial bond that will never be as strong as the biological one.

so, if too many people do this, then society will gradually decay.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:26 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,820,193 times
Quote:
It is when others deem their opinion be accepted by others based off pure opinion. People who are against same sex marriage and same sex couples adopting children claim that the marriage is:

Unnatural - This is based on a persons willfulness of remaining ignorant. To be unnatural it has to be:

1. Contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
2.Not existing in nature; artificial

It is well documented that the majority of species engage in homosexual acts. Therefore making it completely natural since humans are animals.

Since when did homosexuality adhere to the 'ordinary course of nature'?

How is it possible for two men or women to have a biological child together - answer: it isn't.

Now your last bit is an absolute crock of ****.

animals engaging in these acts are also deviant in the same way humans are.

If you can tell me how inserting one's penis into another's rectum can produce a child, then we may be able to make progress.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 AM

14,830 posts, read 8,464,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I once asked GuyNTexass for a source to support his conspiracy views about psychiatrists. He provided a video by someone from the Church of Scientology. Of course he denied it was from a Scientologist- but it was right there for everyone to see.

Scientologists hate psychiatry because they want to scam lot's of money from as many people as they can with their own bizarre ideas of "auditing' for pieces of 'thetans' (aliens) in human beings .

Psychiatry: An Industry Of Death 1/10 - YouTube

Amazon.com: The Wildest Colts Make the Best Horses (9781847470775): J Breeding: Books

Amazon.com: Psychiatrists: The Men Behind Hitler (9780964890916): Thomas Roder, etc.: Books

Amazon.com: The Manufacture of Madness: A Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement (9780815604617): Thomas Szasz: Books

Amazon.com: Psychiatry, the Ultimate Betrayal (9780964890909): Bruce Wiseman: Books

http://www.fightforkids.org/silent_d...s_children.pdf

Amazon.com: The Myth of Mental Illness: Foundations of a Theory of Personal Conduct (Revised Edition) (9780060911515): Thomas S. Szasz: Books

Amazon.com: Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill (9780465020140): Robert Whitaker: Books

Amazon.com: Cloning of the American Mind: Eradicating Morality through Education (9781563841477): B. K. Eakman, Bev Eakman: Books

Amazon.com: Toxic Psychiatry: Why Therapy, Empathy, and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock, and Biochemical Theories of the "New Psychiatry" (9780312059750): Peter R. Breggin: Books

Amazon.com: The War Against Children of Color: Psychiatry Targets Inner City Youth (9781567511260): Peter R Breggin, Ginger Ross Breggin: Books

Amazon.com: Psychiatric Justice (9780313201967): Thomas Stephen Szasz: Books

Amazon.com: Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How And Why To Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications (9780738201849): M.D. Peter Breggin, David Cohen: Books

Amazon.com: The Anti-Depressant Fact Book: What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, and Luvox (9780738204512): Peter R. Breggin: Books

Amazon.com: Reclaiming Our Children: A Healing Plan For A Nation In Crisis (9780738204260): M.D. Peter Breggin: Books

Amazon.com: Insanity: The Idea and Its Consequences (9780471847083): Thomas Stephen Szasz: Books

Amazon.com: Myth of Psychotherapy: Mental Healing as Religion, Rhetoric and Repression (9780385066464): Thomas Szasz: Books

Amazon.com: Anti-Freud: Karl Kraus's Criticism of Psychoanalysis and Psychiatry (9780815602477): Thomas Szasz: Books

https://outflow.net/cchr/parity.asp

Amazon.com: In the Name of Help: A Novel Exposing Psychiatric Abuse (9780967855202): Diane Klein: Books

Psychiatry: The Science of Lies - Thomas Stephen Szasz - Google Books

Those damned Scientologists have been a very busy bunch, haven't they.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 07-16-2012 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Discuss topic, not posters

Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
So what would you consider a credible source? Give us some places you will accept studies from.
He will only accept his own sources of 'studies'. His imagination .... and his butt.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-16-2012 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Just want to take a moment to salute GuyNTexas for doing the heavy lifting. The rest of us mere mortals thank you sincerely. Nice work, and please keep at it!
Yes I suppose it takes a lot of heavy lifting to lift that rock to crawl out from under it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies