Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
No, because there is still a father and a mother - ie: two different influences.

do you realise that their is a significant difference here, maternal and paternal love?

Two men, however much they love each other, cannot provide a maternal influence.

Two women, cannot provide a paternal one.

And this is what a child should have.
Take into account single parents - either single mothers (like the environment I grew up in) or a single father (an environment that I know people have grown up in) - is that child abuse? What about them? As I said I grew up in a single mother environment and I became an outstanding citizen. Joined the Navy, got out last year, and now living in Hollywood attending college.

You really need to think your opinions through because you only serve to put your foot into your mouth.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
A child being raised in a homosexual house hold? Go watch that Zack Wauls video, Kenneth. I dare you to come back and tell me that upstanding citizen was abused.
The Zach Wehls video is produced, ad nauseum, by the s.s supporters.

so what, it proves jack!

One guy feels he was raised well by two women - big deal.

I am sure we could dig up an articulate, good looking young man that was brought up well by any number of other such social outcasts; but does that prove anything?

no , of course not!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:

so what, it proves jack!

I am sure we could dig up an articulate, good looking young man that was brought up well by any number of other such social outcasts; but does that prove anything?

no , of course not!
It proves that your blanket statement that children being raised by homosexuals is child abuse is absolutely false and has no bearing whatsoever.

You also need to address the single parent house hold environment as well. Is that child abuse? You do realize it takes a village to raise a child, right?

That one guy being raised by two women proves your statement wrong and blows it out of the water - you only brush it aside because you know deep down inside Zach Wehls (or whatever his last name is) happens to the Kryptonite to your ignorant and bigotry filled opinion.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Quote:
Take into account single parents - either single mothers (like the environment I grew up in) or a single father (an environment that I know people have grown up in) - is that child abuse? What about them? As I said I grew up in a single mother environment and I became an outstanding citizen. Joined the Navy, got out last year, and now living in Hollywood attending college.

You really need to think your opinions through because you only serve to put your foot into your mouth.
So did you even complete third grade mathematics?

do you know the difference between single and double?

Single mother and homosexual couple (that would be double) are not the same.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,731,182 times

‎"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."

~Albert Camus

Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
So did you even complete third grade mathematics?

do you know the difference between single and double?

Single mother and homosexual couple (that would be double) are not the same.
Did I ever make that assumption? I was asking you a question - do you think that children raised in a single parent house hold is also child abuse?

I wasn't attempting or even claiming that it's one in the same - that's your ignorance and bigotry afoot here.

Single PARENT (as in MOTHER and FATHER) and homosexual couple (MEN and WOMEN) are not the same, we agree.

I don't know why you decided to even bring that up, but nevertheless I have raised a question that you've yet to address:

do you think that children raised in a single parent house hold is also child abuse?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:

*Sigh*

I raised my boys as a single mother. My youngest, at seventeen, has no memory of ever living with his father because we separated when he was only four months old.

My oldest is a single parent with sole physical custody of his daughter and has since she was a toddler (she is twelve now).

My second to the oldest has two daughters, and while they don't live with him, they are with him every weekend and he is otherwise very involved in their lives, taking time off from work to attend school functions, etc.

My third son is married and works full time and goes to school full time (he is on summer break right now). At 23, he has risen rapidly in the company that he works for. He has worked there since right after high school.

My fourth son (22 next month) has been at the same job he started at right after high school. He has been in a committed relationship for the last five years. They live together and he was sole support of both of them for the two years she went to college.

My fifth (and youngest) son gets great grades, has a really good and responsible group of friends, and has a position of responsibility with the school as the IT teacher's aid, working on the school's computers. He runs cross country (since the seventh grade) and has played trumpet in the school band since sixth grade and is active in a church youth group. He is planning on enlisting in the Coast Guard.

Those are my "abused" sons - all of them raised by a single parent (although the two oldest did have a stepfather - my second husband - in the household for part of their lives).

I would say they turned out pretty well.

Last edited by Cinebar; 07-20-2012 at 08:58 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default A child's life in a "gay" household

Maybe everyone should read the book "Out from under" since that is what this thread is about. It's an eye opener right from the mouth of the chil who lived it.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:03 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Maybe everyone should read the book "Out from under" since that is what this thread is about. It's an eye opener right from the mouth of the chil who lived it.
An "eye opener" to what, exactly?

I don't need to read the book to know there are some really bad parents out there, which is all the book can really tell us.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:

so what, it proves jack!

no , of course not!
No, one person doesn't prove a lot, but all the research does:

From The Journal of Marriage and Family Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 3–22, February 2010
How Does the Gender of Parents Matter? - Biblarz - 2010 - Journal of Marriage and Family - Wiley Online Library
The entrenched conviction that children need both a mother and a father inflames culture wars over single motherhood, divorce, gay marriage, and gay parenting. Research to date, however, does not support this claim. Contrary to popular belief, studies have not shown that "compared to all other family forms, families headed by married, biological parents are best for children" (Popenoe, quoted in Center for Marriage and Family, p. 1).
Research has not identified any gender-exclusive parenting abilities (with the partial exception of lactation). Our analysis confirms an emerging consensus among prominent researchers of fathering and child development. The third edition of Lamb's (1997) authoritative anthology directly reversed the inaugural volume's premise when it concluded that "very little about the gender of the parent seems to be distinctly important" (p. 10). Likewise, in Fath-erneed, Pruett (2000), a prominent advocate of involved fathering, confided, "I also now realize that most of the enduring parental skills are probably, in the end, not dependent on gender" (p. 18).

__________________________________________________ _________

For those who are interested in evidence, (and not uneducated prejudiced personal opinions) here is a review of most of the research on gay and lesbian parents:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting-full.pdf

And from health professionals who actually know what they are talking about because they use evidence instead of parroting prejudiced ignorant nonsense:

American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP represents over 8,500 child and adolescent psychiatrists.)

"Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:
  • Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
  • Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
  • Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
  • Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior)."

American Academy of Pediatrics: (represents over 60,000 Pediatricians)
"A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Children’s optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes."

American Psychological Association - Amicus Briefs on Gay and Lesbian Parenting.(The APA represents over 137,000 Psychologists)
"Overall, the belief that children of lesbian and gayparents suffer deficits in personal development has no empirical foundation.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies