Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,263,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So what animal are you - if you are not a human being?
Our Species is H. Sapien

Quote:
Are you a cat? My cat is sleeping on my lap now - sometimes she tries to type. She usually doesn't make much sense. You are doing very well - I am impressed - providing that you are a cat.
Proving yet again, you slept through elementary school. The Domestic cat is of the species: F. Catus (and it doesn't matter the breed).

the domestic dog species is: C. lupus Subspecies: C. l. familiaris

I haven't touched this stuff since I was in College, and I still remember it all.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,973,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
You base all that you know about homosexuality on your religious beliefs. Your god has not yet been proven to exist and the bible isn't a code that some deity gave us to live by. To base anything off such things is immoral.
"God help us" is a common phrase used to express dismay. My views about homosexuality have little to nothinhg to do with religious beliefs. You are making ignorant assumptions about me because it is helpful if you can place people you disagree with in a box. A strong moral compass tells me that homosexuality is wrong. I don't base that off of anything in a religious text.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,591,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
We are being led to believe that getting fired for being homosexual is an ongoing problem for the homosexual yet there is no current evidence to support this actually happening other than fabricated stories.
Here is another article on a story cited earlier. Not much fabrication here.

Blocked: Openly gay Fallin appointee turned down by Senate committee » Local news » The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,596,395 times
Quote:
"God help us" is a common phrase used to express dismay. My views about homosexuality have little to nothinhg to do with religious beliefs. You are making ignorant assumptions about me because it is helpful if you can place people you disagree with in a box. A strong moral compass tells me that homosexuality is wrong. I don't base that off of anything in a religious text.
I have a strong moral compass as well and believe homosexuality is just fine.... Interesting...

Old 07-10-2012, 01:24 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,973,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a strong moral compass as well and believe homosexuality is just fine.... Interesting...
You might want to adjust that compass - it is pointing you in the wrong direction.

I hope that you don't use it for airborne navigation.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,322,281 times
Quote:
Children are required to learn about homosexuality now in California.
They are required to learn about sexuality and gender, it's called sexual education.

Quote:
Homosexuals insist on being allowed to marry.
Which hurts nobody.

Quote:
Homosexuals insist on being allowed to adopt children.
Which also hurts nobody.

Quote:
Homosexuals whine an complain that they are being discriminated against and "why can't we all treal them fairly".
You are complaining that you are being discriminated against because homosexuals want to marry!!!

Quote:
I am called hateful for disagreeing with them.
You can dislike it as much as you want, but that is your opinion and your opinion isn't fact.

Quote:
I can't go a week without reading, hearing, or seeing some pro-gay propaganda.
I can't go a week without seeing a scipture quote or ignorant people posting homophobic opinions and claiming they are fact.

Quote:
It once was that homosexuals just wante to be left alone to live their lifestyle without being harrassed by the police.
Now they want to be left alone to live their lifestyle, which includes marriage and adoption, without being harassed by ignorant ideological beliefs.
Quote:
They wanted tolerance.
And still don't have it.

Quote:
They have tolerance now - but that isn't good enough. They really want forced acceptance and ultimately for anyone who speaks against them to be charged with a crime. That already occurs in the U.K. and Canada.
They don't have tolerance and your posts prove this. You don't have to agree with their lifestyle, just don't try to take it from them, is that really hard to do?

Quote:
It most certainly is being shoved down my throat and everyone elses who is tired of it and about ready to gag.
Odd that you use a reference to having something shoved down your throat....

Quote:
Arus and raison are apparently hopeless cases. I have done my best - if you are deluded - then there is nothing more then i can do.

I feel like taking a shower.
Technically showers are unnatural.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
It is.

Children are required to learn about homosexuality now in California.
A huge distortion of the truth.

California educators are now allowed to teach that some of our famous history personalities were also gay. Nothing wrong with that.

And through sex ed classes, to cover homosexual sex, and how to keep yourself protected.

They are not actively teaching homosexual sex stories, or theories or showing it.

Quote:
Homosexuals insist on being allowed to marry.
They are insisting on being allowed to be treated fairly. MArriage as defined by the Supreme Court is the RIGHT of every person in the United States.

Quote:
Homosexuals insist on being allowed to adopt children.
They are insisting on being allowed to be treated fairly. Good children are left in foster care while loving homosexual couple is more than ready to adopt the child.

Florida recently got rid of their "no adoption for gays" law.

Quote:
Homosexuals whine an complain that they are being discriminated against and "why can't we all treal them fairly".
Because they aren't being treated fairly when it comes to marriage. Like how African americans whined and complained that they were being discriminated against and were considered on 3/5ths of a citizen; and interacial couples couldn't marry because it was illegal in 90% of the states in 1960.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,516,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
What gets me through the night is knowing that eventually ignorance based on religious beliefs will eventually be a thing of the past. Sadly not soon enough.
I didn't bring up religion, why did you? I'm not religious.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 AM

596 posts, read 729,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Ooh! Ooh! Since we're going off of singular stories (as in the OP's story) and not the group as a whole, can I use my personal experience of (physical) abuse from my father (who to this day remains married to my mother) as proof that heteros shouldn't be parents?
I'm right there with you. Hey, maybe we should write a book about how awful straight, married parents are! My siblings and I grew up in an abusive household (physically and emotionally). I was aware of infidelity on both sides. I witnessed physical fights on a regular basis. My parents are straight, my siblings are straight, and I am straight. My parents are married and still together. It has nothing to do with one's sexuality. It is about the individuals involved. There are toxic, abusive people of all persuasions. Being abusive and/or promiscuous is not limited to gay people, nor to single people. Seriously folks, it's time to stop throwing out this kind of ridiculous nonsense just because you disagree with homosexuality. Plenty of heterosexual marriages end because of infidelity, but you've somehow convinced yourselves that it's only gay people who can't be monogamous. Plenty of children from heterosexual homes experience horrific abuse, but you've somehow convinced yourselves that it's only gay couples who abuse and harm their kids. It's just idiotic. I'm sorry for what this woman went through, but her problem was not that she had gay parents. It was that she had bad parents. Join the club. Being a j@ck@ass is an affliction that does not discriminate.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Arus and raison are apparently hopeless cases. If you are deluded - then there is nothing more then i can do.

Translation: when asked to provide a credible list of reasons why a Homosexual household is considered to be abusive for children, I cannot provide one, and just complete ignore it.

When shown that Humans are part of the Animal Kingdom and called upon my mistake, I ignore it (don't apologize and say "oops, my mistake).

Quote:
I feel like taking a shower.
Seeing that you wallow in the muck of hatred constantly its no surprise that you feel dirty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies