Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Because a family of two daddies, or two mommies is not correct.

It is not a family - but two single people living together.

Living in a foster home would allow the child to at least grow up without the influence of confused gender and sexuality roles.
OMG. Have you ever spent time with foster children, or known somebody who grew up in the system? I have - and I don't think they would mind me speaking on their behalf, in saying they'd have MUCH rather been raised by loving gay parent/s. Do you know what those kids go through, the abandonment they feel, and abuse (physical, emotional, and/or sexual) they often suffer? I can't believe you think that's better than the alternative, simply because your sky being says "that ain't riiiight."

In case you haven't noticed, families have always come in many different forms. Children are raised by single parents, grandparents/relatives, adoptive parents, parents of differing faiths and/or cultures, etc, etc. The structure and appearance of a family doesn't matter as much as love (among other things), and successful adults have resulted from "abnormal families" since the beginning of time. Can you show us evidence to contradict what I am saying, without using the Bible as your source? I'll wait.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-30-2012 at 07:35 AM..

Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Maybe but calling me a bigot right off the start set the tone, I'm not going to bicker, I'm talking cold hard facts, I didn't make the claim and I don't really care but i wont sit by when someone claims something is a fact and it's not.
It's the bigots coming into threads posting rude, insulting, ignorant and non-fact-based prejudiced comments about gay and lesbian people that sets the tone in these threads. Threads that you seem strangely attracted to.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:25 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times
It's just a matter of opinion whether someone is a bigot or not.

The word is used far too often IMO.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Sometimes it's an obvious fact... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck.

Quote:
The word is displayed through people's behavior far too often, IMO.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
No, it just shows that they are willing to buy a baby, rather than go through the 'inconvenience' of having sex with someone of the opposite gender.

Self-gratification comes first here, then the baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Apparently not, since they do such a wonderful job at raising that baby (sometimes better than heterosexuals!)

BTW, under no circumstance is spending tons of money on a baby that's going to require even MORE money, going to cry day and night, need changing and feeding constantly, need attention, need new clothes and toys, get sick and be ten times more needy, etc. a form of "self-gratification". What world do you live in?
Clearly he is not a parent.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Jaymax:

Celibacy would probably be the biblical message here.

Marriage is not for everyone, and for those who cannot do so, they may turn themselves to God even more.
I agree that all the willfully ignorant gay bashing bigots on this thread should do the world a favor and remain celibate.

Better yet, I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to pay for their vasectomies if they are unable to control themselves.

Anyone else want to contribute?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Ok, so why don't they just go out and produce their own one then?

a few minutes of discomfort, with someone of the opposite sex, is hardly a high price to pay to get a child.
Are you promoting infidelity?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
not so - because Nature is an agent of the Lord.

Biological determinism is controlled by nature - and this necessitates man and woman to produce a child.

There is no getting away from this fact.

How could a gay couple have a child if they lived on a remote island, or did not have the means to pay for IVF?
Do you even know what 'biological determinism' is? From your post, it appears you don't.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:

Not when there is such clear evidence as there is in this thread.

"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Old 07-30-2012, 07:56 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:

Can you please answer my question? Am I just a commodity because my parents chose to adopt me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies