Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So tell me what does same sex marriage have to do with the thread topic?
A lot - same sex marriage would lead to automatic adoption rights for s.s. couples, with the same entitlements as hetero couples.

This is not right, as a hetero couple should always have first choice over an s.s one, simply due to the fact that they are hetero.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:26 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Do you realize that the Old Testament is not binding for Christians as it was replaced by New Testament?
Least you could do is some research
Actually, you are wrong. In the New Testament Jesus says he is there to restore the old laws not change them. And most Christians that I know teach and follow the old testament along with the new testament. The least you could do is some actual research.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Wrong.

Matthew 5:17:20 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
No. New Testament superseded Old Testatement, hence the description 'old'.
Christians are bound by New Testament, Jews are bound by Old Testament.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
I agree; you're obviously not an expert.
Nope, and proud of it!! But I still seem to know more than most Christians, who can't even grasp the most simple of Biblical laws.

Quote:
Being able to quote passages from the Bible is not a requirement to being a good Christian.
Where did I say that was a requirement? I don't care if you can quote passages or not, as a good Christian (or Jew/Muslim/etc) need only be good in their heart. I don't know what kind of church you attend/ed, but my synagogue stresses the principles of G-d's love and tikkun olam above all else - one doesn't even need to understand Hebrew, as long as you understand these basic principles. Nowhere does G-d or Jesus preach about hate, intolerance, inequality, or persecuting one group of "sinners" over all others. Can you prove me wrong?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What's even more hilarious is how little most Chrstians in the US actually know about the Bible. In a poll a few years ago, only 40% could name more than 4 of the 10 commandments. And here's a cracker: 12% of Americans thought that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.

"America is simultaneously the most professedly Christian of the developed nations and the least Christian in its behavior."

Joan of Arc, Wife of Noah? - Randall Balmer
That's simply because you do not understand that by indentifying themselves by Christians most people mean being raised in and subscribing to Christian morality and not that much actually attending masses or taking part in religious activities. That's why it is so funny when gay lobby talks about religious nuts who are against gay marriage LOL

Old 08-05-2012, 12:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I wouldn't expect any of you to read a true account written by the person who lived it. Live on in your dream. We see the truth.
Lived what? A child of a mixed orientation marriage of a straight mother and a gay father?

Isn't that what the 'pray away the gay' types are trying to push gays and lesbians to do? Marry a straight person?

Clearly this book shows that same-sex marriage would be a much better idea than an unhealthy mixed orientation fake marriage.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
No. New Testament superseded Old Testatement, hence the description 'old'.
Christians are bound by New Testament, Jews are bound by Old Testament.
Now back to reality (and the topic at hand), what does any of this have to do with same-sex parenting?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
But yet that wasn't what this thread was about was it, nice deflection but the link to this book was in the OP's first post, ignore the evidence as usual it's only valid if the hypocrites post it
Actually you seem to be ignoring the evidence that this book doesn't even support the OP's outrageous claims.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Lived what? A child of a mixed orientation marriage of a straight mother and a gay father?

Isn't that what the 'pray away the gay' types are trying to push gays and lesbians to do? Marry a straight person?
Yup, in fact I've heard people suggest that on this very forum... I recall one poster even saying "things were better in the old days, when gay people just married the opposite sex & were happy with that." First of all, they most likely were NOT happy - second of all, I agree that is more damaging to a child than same-sex parenting.

They debate over the logistics and so on, but in reality they just want homosexuals to disappear altogether. Talk about living in a dream world, LOL.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Why wouldn't you take him seriously if he was a good leader?

Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir is the Prime Minister of Iceland where same sex marriage is legal - and she has a wife.
Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently she has a high approval rating.
I don't know. New Jersey had pretty bad experience with gay governor who turned out to be a proper dope. If someone did some back ground check on him New Jersey would avoid total embarassment and expenditures for premature change of state government
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies