Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oh, I wanted to include this picture of the General von Steuben monument in Lafayette Park in Washington, DC near the White House.

I find it interesting that the statuary has an unquestionably Homo-erotic quality about it. Was that by accident or design?
That statue is also known among local humorists as "Gay Adoptee at Halloween."

Old 08-11-2012, 07:22 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
(to Clark Park) I am not really surprised when you see homoerotic.messages where normal people don't.
More proof that you never stop to educate yourself before posting.

"In 1776, von Steuben was forced to leave due to rumors of alleged homosexuality and accusations of his having taken improper liberties with boys. Though no proof exists regarding von Steuben's sexual orientation, the stories proved sufficiently powerful to compel him to seek new employment."

Baron von Steuben - Baron Friedrich von Steuben

The monument was actually made specifically to reference the accusation that he was a homosexual.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
I guess you don't understand there have ALWAYS been Gays and Lesbians serving with honor in the Military.

An enemy isn't going to care the sexual orientation of the person pointing a gun at them.
It's a known fact of history, Ceaser's armies were alway encouraged to be homosexual, that's how they were kept together, Napoleon was well aware of this and also encouraged homosexuality in his armies. Of course, Napoleon thought he was Ceaser.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
Quote:
And what is that Israelis do?
Have openly gay soldiers serving in their military.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
You guys all seem to have major problem with the simplest concepts like respect.
Of course you can respect your enemy the same way boxers respect their opponents in the ring. The worst is to lose respect of your opponents and that what gays in us military are causing.

Respect is something that you earn and gay soldiers don't command any respect from anybody.
REALLY ?? Again, there have always been Homosexuals in the military.

Seems the Israeli military hasn't lost ANY respect have they?

Old 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
More proof that you never stop to educate yourself before posting.

"In 1776, von Steuben was forced to leave due to rumors of alleged homosexuality and accusations of his having taken improper liberties with boys. Though no proof exists regarding von Steuben's sexual orientation, the stories proved sufficiently powerful to compel him to seek new employment."

Baron von Steuben - Baron Friedrich von Steuben

The monument was actually made specifically to reference the accusation that he was a homosexual.
I find it hard to believe that anybody would create a monument which would reference unproven accusations of any kind lol

Old 08-11-2012, 08:58 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:
Raisin
Respect is something that you earn, something that you command and gay soldiers don't command any respect from anybody.
It's raison btw, it stands for reason, as do I.

Why don't gay soldiers command respect? Do they have to wear rainbow uniforms? Do they not shoot straight? Is there something about them that would openly tell everyone that they were gay? Do you know how many gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders have served honorably in the military? Nope you don't, but there have been quite a few. Why don't we know? Because of the Don't ask, don't tell rule. Members of the LGBT community have served, fought, and died for this country. By disrespecting an LGBT soldier you are disrespecting all soldiers. Please, don't do that. Every soldier that has served their country with honer deserves respect, regardless of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality or any other social label.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I am not really surprised when you see homoerotic.messages where normal people don't.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That statue is also known among local humorists as "Gay Adoptee at Halloween."
Do you have proof of this? IF you don't mind from now on I will be asking for proof for any claim made by the anti-gay crowd and I encourage those who are pro on this topic do the same.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that anybody would create a monument which would reference unproven accusations of any kind lol
And I find it hard to believe you actually think your finding something hard to believe should hold any weight in a serious discussion regarding this statue, gay adoption, or anything else for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies