Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 04:17 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime. ( make another note
Make another note about what?

That you've quote-mined again from the same religious anti-gay propaganda source that you are not even willing to link to?

Let me guess. Was it the conservative religious-based fringe group - the Family Research Council? Or at least something that originated from them?

The FRC is one of the worst culprits for spreading deliberate misinformation by distorting and misrepresenting actual research to push their anti-gay agenda. Other gay bashing groups often just repeat their propaganda pieces on their websites.

What the FRC mainly does is called quote-mining. As I have already mentioned, it is a form of lying by deliberately taking quotes out of context or deliberately distorting what the original authors/researchers wrote to make it seem as if these actual researchers agree with their 'claims' - when they don't.

How do I know this? Because I have taken to the time to read the actual sources of their 'quote mines' in full and it was blatantly obvious how they lied. If you took the time to do the same thing, you can see it for yourself.

Make a note: The quotes and links I provided in this thread are directly from the the original sources/authors. The majority of the links are to peer-reviewed published academic Journal articles so anyone with access can read the full articles and see that I have not taken the quotes out of context to misrepresent or distort what the researchers/authors wrote.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-14-2012 at 05:01 AM..

Old 07-14-2012, 06:38 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I find it suspect that a person can't take three minutes to read something, but spend 20 minutes talking about it.
For the last time, I did read it. It doesn't disprove anything, whereas the various findings from research conducted disproves the idea that gays aren't fit to raise children quite indisputably.

Quote:
But to summarize it for you ... basic mathematics show that homosexual males are 5 to 7 times more likely to molest children than heterosexual males ... just based squarely on the hard data about the victims and the general population numbers. Simple enough ? Or do you need it summarized further?
Focus, GuyNTexas. What does all this really MEAN? Does it alone mean homosexuals shouldn't be parents? Because think for a second. Men are more likely to molest and/or physically abuse children than women. Does that mean men shouldn't be parents? You see, at best, you are advocating that only lesbians should be parents. Look at what you've done! Lol.

Quote:
Apparently the people conducting your studies didn't speak to the author of the book. But to you, "studies" are more legitimate than first hand experience and testimony of children who would refute that nonsense. Ask Jerry Sandusky's adopted "boys" and the other boys that creep abused, how they feel about your studies!
Let me get this straight: You want someone who has observed the results of hundreds upon hundreds of instances where homosexuals have raised children well (BEYOND well), to walk up to one specific case where it didn't work out and ask them, "Should we throw all this information out because you wasn't so lucky?"

How would you feel if someone pulled something like that with you? If they found out that a heterosexual male had sexually abused his daughter, and so concluded that you shouldn't be able to raise a kid because *gasp* you're a heterosexual male too!

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Now, it is your turn to respond to all the data against YOUR side of the argument. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2012, 07:27 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
I have read many journal abstracts as well as the body of work that goes into them And I did so for those that you posted that were available to read.

And because of my experience in such matters, I fully understand the language of deception that these types of studies typically utilize, which is why it's so easy to detect. And these are structured to reach a preconceived conclusion. Medical studies, for which I have read dozens upon dozens do that almost exclusively.
Yep - Jaymax thinks that only she reads journal articles - and she also thinks that anyone who doesn't agree 100% with what they say did not read them.

She is the definition of a brainwashed non-thinker.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'm pretty confident you didn't read that whatsoever.
You have just proved yourself to be unreliable - that is unfortunately what happens when people make assumptions.

I did read GNT's post and you would do well to do the same. His analysis was first rate.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I agree with adiosToreador. It's very suspect that a poster can type out such a lengthy post, but can't summarize it to make his point known to everyone reading.
LOL - more excuses from the closed minded sector of the forum.

Aren't you the one who keeps touting certain studies that support your views? You took the time to read those - but you won't bother to spend 3 minutes to read GNT's excellent post?

Why not. Are you afraid that you might actually learn something?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Aren't you the one who keeps touting certain studies that support your views? You took the time to read those - but you won't bother to spend 3 minutes to read GNT's excellent post?

I have read both sets of 'studies.' Representing both sides.
If everything you want to go by is based on a study, then NO MAN EVER should be allowed near a child.
Because men perpetuate the greatest amount of physical and sexual violence towards children...hell, towards everyone. Hell, we should get rid of all men...based on studies.

Let me tell you something. Most children raised by heterosexuals will 'suffer' compared to my children because their parents aren't as smart, as educated, as rich, and as dedicated to integrity and honesty and hard work as I am. In fact, most of y'all are unfit parents in my eyes and your kids were dealt a crappy hand as far as I'm concerned. Just because in MY EYES y'all put them at a disadvantage from the stupid decisions you make with regards to their education, daycare, your finances, and your kooky religious inclinations. That being said, I am not advocating stripping your rights to parent these kids, even though you're doing a crappier job than I think they deserve.

Point is...we all judge other parents. Just keep in mind that y'all are falling short in my eyes, too.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
The fact that you equate "I did read it" with "I didn't read it" confirms you are living in your own little world where up is down, black is white.
Funny you should mention this - anyone who suggests that homosexuality should be "accepted" as "normal" is living in a parallel world where up is down and black is white,

Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

You're one to talk; you've failed to read the short phrase "I did read it" I don't know how many times. Now, what was your excuse for not reading and responding to these studies again?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That being said, I am not advocating stripping your rights to parent these kids, even though you're doing a crappier job than I think they deserve.
Why not? After all, you just said that all heterosexuals are bad parents and that only homosexual couples should raise children. Why are you backing off from that stance with a caveat?

Own your words!

Old 07-14-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
You're one to talk; you've failed to read the short phrase "I did read it" I don't know how many times. Now, what was your excuse for not reading and responding to these studies again?
I did respond to those studies - I decided that they were wrong.

You are the one who thinks that anything with "study" in the title . MUST be true - it seems that you don't know much about critical thinkng.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies