Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 08:03 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I did read it and he had no evidence to support his claims. His data has no factual base.
Anyone can say that - but do you have facts to back up your claims?

No.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I think they are out of the question for you, as are evidence based statistics.
So you can read your "studies" but you won't read a 3 minute post that counters your opinion - because it is "too long".

I think that the real reason you didn't read GNT's post is because you know that he was right - but you don't want to admit that.

I have just summarized the definition of intellectual dishonesty - a concept of which you subscribe to wholeheartedly.

The above is true of the rest of the homosexual army and their supporters.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why not? After all, you just said that all heterosexuals are bad parents and that only homosexual couples should raise children. Why are you backing off from that stance with a caveat?

Own your words!
Reading comprehension is your friend.
I never said ALL.
Not once. How's that for intellectual dishonesty?
I don't believe that for a second. There are many great parents who are heterosexuals. Or single parents. Or *gasp* gay parents.

Every day, I see children suffer because of the poor decisions made by their heterosexual parents. Divorce. Neglect (and that includes what I consider not spending enough time with your kids). Basic safety (wear a helmet, people!). Not forcing kids to take education seriously (that's the majority of this country).

Most parents love their kids fiercely. We all do the best we can. We all make mistakes and we will all make mistakes. No one is perfect. But to say right off the bat that a kid raised by gay parents is automatically disadvantaged is to ignore the basic FACT that in some way, all kids are 'disadvantaged.' If that's the way you choose to look at it.

Your kids in particular will be disadvantaged by the fact that their parents are narrow-minded pseudointellectuals. Or at least one of them.

Geez...why are so many people in this country so provincial?

Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
It's funny how all of these people who say the "gay agenda" is being FORCED down their throats, are constantly here commenting, of their own free will, on homosexual topics.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:51 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,395,438 times
Quote:
I did respond to those studies - I decided that they were wrong.

You are the one who thinks that anything with "study" in the title . MUST be true - it seems that you don't know much about critical thinkng.
You decided they were wrong. Yeah, we get that much. But based on what? Your own personal desire to believe that homosexuality is harmful?

I don't just automatically agree with studies, no. But try to be rational for one second. If there was any truth to the assumption that children raised by gay parents were more likely to suffer because of it, don't you think there'd be some consistent research finding that as well? There is quite a discrepancy between those finding no harm (and even those finding gay parents to be superior in some ways) and those finding otherwise. Don't you find that a little odd?

Critical thinking does not mean just saying "nuh uh" or even that you are unconvinced. Critical thinking is actively looking for alternative explanations. Your side isn't giving any, just pointing out other people's testimonies, which is at very best equal to single studies of one individual at a time. Clearly, those conducting studies have you beat, and you just can't admit it.

And I'm still waiting for an answer to the following, from either one of you:

If homosexual males being more likely to sexually abuse children (for the purposes of my question, we'll just assume that is true for a second) means that they shouldn't be parents, doesn't the fact that men in general are more likely to sexually abuse children than women are mean that men in general shouldn't be raising kids? Especially considering the findings that lesbian parents are doing a better job at parenting that heterosexual couples on average, wouldn't that mean only women (regardless of sexual orientation) should be parents and men should not? It's the same exact kind of non-logic you're throwing our way, thrown right back at you.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It's funny how all of these people who say the "gay agenda" is being FORCED down their throats, are constantly here commenting, of their own free will, on homosexual topics.
"We" do so to counter your agenda.

If you wern't forcing the homosexual agenda down everyone's throats - "we" would be silent.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
"We" do so to counter your agenda.

If you wern't forcing the homosexual agenda down everyone's throats - "we" would be silent.
Lol, yeah if people just rolled over and said "Oh well" about not being able to adopt children, you would certainly be happy; can't argue with that. You wanna be the first to show 'em how easy that is? C'mon, forfeit your legal right to marry and raise kids. Show them how it's done! There is just as much evidence to suggest you shouldn't be a parent (because males are more likely to sexually abuse children than women) as there is to suggest a homosexual male shouldn't be a parent.

And keep in mind, there is NOTHING to suggest that lesbians shouldn't be parents. So you and your lot have given them more "right" to parent than even us heterosexuals (thanks a lot, btw).

Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
And keep in mind, there is NOTHING to suggest that lesbians shouldn't be parents.
Children need both a male and female parent to develop normally.

Your intellectual dishonesty does not state that this isn't a fact.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,091,804 times
Quote:

Your intellectual dishonesty does not state that this isn't a fact.

and the male or female parent is a better model to follow if that model IS the sex it is portraying(yes i do not believe women lesbians acting butch or gay men twittering about are positive role models)

Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Prove it. We've brought mountains of evidence to this thread that suggest you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies