Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
What do you mean by "how to be a man"? I've posted studies about how children raised by lesbian parents do quite well, sometimes better than children raised by heterosexual parents, including academically. If it's general independence in life that you're referring to, I should think the better grades will help them get into a better college and be more financially secure...

Or are you talking about fighting?
it is natural and sensible for a young boy to learn how to compete with other men.

If this means knowing how to deal with a playground fight, then so be it - this is just a microcosm of the real world.

If the boy is turned into a ***** by lesbo or gay male parents, then what good will he be in the harsh, snake infested world of adult reality?

Last edited by Kenneth-Kaunda; 08-10-2012 at 08:28 PM..

Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
if a young boy learned that it was 'normal' for two men to go to bed with each other, then how would he know what to do on his first date?
Uhm.... I don't know what kind of home you grew up in, but in my family first dates were to a school dance. It had nothing to do with beds. It's okay if the two men don't dance to show them how to do it, my parents didn't either and I think my brothers figured it out.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
How is a young boy, growing up in a single mom household, going to know how to behave like a man? How is a young girl, growing up in a single dad household, going to know how to behave like a woman? Is a young boy, growing up in a homosexual male household, going to know how to behave like a man? Is a young girl, growing up in a lesbian household, going to know how to behave like a woman?
if we look at your first example:

A young boy will quite possibly meet the boyfriends of his single mother, plus he will see how men in general interact with her - hetero men this is.

If she is a lesbian the interactions will be different in a subliminal manner, and if she were a gay man then all he will see is how people interact with a homosexual man.

so not natural for a young kid here.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
knowing how to dress appropriately, deal with other kids at school, compete with others, sport, speech, academic choices etc..

in all these cases, and others, the young child would be influenced by the gay perspective on things.

The Gay Brigade are more concerned with rights than responsibility so they should not be allowed to adopt.
So you think that all gays are effeminate flamers do you? You couldn't be more wrong. Outsports Out Athletes

Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
it is natural and sensible for a young boy to learn how to compete with other men.

If these means knowing how to deal with a playground fight, then so be it - this is just a microcosm of the real world.

If the boy is turned into a ***** by lesbo or gay male parents, then what good will he be in the harsh, snake infested world of adult reality?
Ah, but the beautiful thing is, the need to know how to fight someone off is decreasing thanks to technology and this little thing people like you've been fighting off called "civilization". Yep, just like the need for heterosexuality for survival of the species, it's just not as necessary as it was back in the "good old days"

At any rate, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you can't provide any evidence to suggest children raised by gay parents won't learn how to defend themselves either. Right?

Quote:
knowing how to dress appropriately, deal with other kids at school, compete with others, sport, speech, academic choices etc..
And we're to assume that children raised by gay parents won't learn any of this because...?

Quote:
in all these cases, and others, the young child would be influenced by the gay perspective on things.
What, like lesbian parents might just tell their daughter they don't have to wear a dress to school? What is it, specifically, that you think will just incapacitate the child and destroy their life?

I'm not gay, but I have a son who I don't intend to pressure into playing any sports whatsoever. You gonna try and keep fathers like me from adopting next?

I guess your list there doesn't really explain much, sorry.

Quote:
The Gay Brigade are more concerned with rights than responsibility so they should not be allowed to adopt.
"The Gay Brigade"? Never heard of them. What songs do they play?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I reiterate: What we as heterosexuals believe to be the case concerning the attractions or feelings of homosexuals/bisexuals are ultimately irrelevant, and certainly shouldn't hold any weight on the subject of gay marriage/adoption.
of course it should hold weight, because children are only produced by hetero activity - as designed by nature.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
of course it should hold weight, because children are only produced by hetero activity - as designed by nature.
so what? We've shown that heterosexuals do not make good parents compared to homosexual parents, even if they are "biologically" able to create children.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 PM

how are you defining 'good parent' here though?

Most of these gay studies focus on the job or college that the kid ended up in, but that is only a small factor in the overall scheme of things.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
how are you defining 'good parent' here though?
providing support, education, love and guidance with discipline when needed.

Quote:
Most of these gay studies focus on the job or college that the kid ended up in, but that is only a small factor in the overall scheme of things.
The job and college that a child of gay parents is a reflection of the parenting provided to that child. If parents cared enough about their child, they'd make sure that the child gets the support needed, and helps their child to succeed.

Jealous that a child raised in a household of gay parents, got a better education and job than you?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
How about spreading AIDS? We never thank you guys for that, did we?
Who are you talking to? I'm not a guy.

And the correct terminology is HIV, not AIDS. A virus is transmitted, not the syndrome. Please educate yourself.

By the way, are you are that the CDC has never reported even a single case of transmission of HIV through female/female sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies