Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you read the TOS
I have read them and understand them 7 70.00%
I will read them in the next 24 hrs 1 10.00%
I have read them and have some questions 1 10.00%
I have difficulty following agreements 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if folks, especially newer members have read the "Terms of Agreement" and understand them. In particular, I am wondering if folks understand that personal attacks, spam, trolling and racial slurs, whether they are subtle or otherwise, are all in violation of the agreement of our membership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 02:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,536,313 times
I don't mind much some of the personal attacks on people in this forum, especially when they tend to shed light to me on where the attacked person is coming from. I try to keep from making personal attacks because it might make my position on a topic look frustrated or defeated, and simply because it's against the rules.

Of course, things can get out of hand, and if not stopped, the thread is just being taken advantage of as a slug fest, unrelated to the topic first brought up for discussion.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 09-30-2007 at 03:07 AM..

Old 09-30-2007, 07:45 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,159,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I am wondering if folks, especially newer members have read the "Terms of Agreement" and understand them. In particular, I am wondering if folks understand that personal attacks, spam, trolling and racial slurs, whether they are subtle or otherwise, are all in violation of the agreement of our membership.
Well it basically boils down to their board, their rules and I certainly have no problem with that. The people that run this board run into the same situation that law makers run into in a sense. The enforcement of behavior in adults on passionate subjects, no easy feat. Even within stated guidelines, what may be offensive to some rolls off another person like water off a duck.

The subtle game of semantics that even the moderators are subject too. I have seen mods that have lower and higher tolerances for various subjects and themes and watched as one thread or poster get reprimanded on one topic then their transgressions looked over on another. By and large I think this forum does a pretty fair job overall as I have seen far worse.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
You forgot one option, I have not read them, and dont plan on reading them, never do. I know whats "generally" allowed to be posted and know how to follow "general" rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies