Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It is pretty laughable for the ignorant to believe that our most well educated citizens are somehow mindless drones incapable of performing any other task other than medicine. But, such is the way of jealous failures who couldn't see through a rigorous program such as theirs.
Most well educated? I beg to differ. But anyway, there is no way that 83% of doctors can find jobs doing something else, especially in this economy, unless it's flipping burgers at McDonald's.

I work with a group of five doctors. NONE of them have any plans to leave medicine any time soon. In fact, the only thing any of them have said about the ACA is that they'll have to learn a different set of rules to go by. If you think inusurance doesn't have a lot of rules and regs dictating what doctors can do, you have another think coming.

(My sample size is bigger than yours)

BTW, just saw the personal attack. Stay classy summers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh BULL!

They may SAY that as a political statement but NO doctor is giving up all that money..EVER!

They're not throwing all those years of schooling away...to go look for another job...there aren't any.
Doctors just won't accept Medicaid Patients, and many more won't accept Medicare if the
fee schedule remains stagnant.

And, those getting out maybe will take your job

Curious, to think, folks trust Docs with their life, but think they have no other
skills to contribute in the workforce

Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I REPEAT:

Source: Physician Attitudes Survey - June 2012 | Doctor Patient Medical Association

I believe an apology is in order now.....
Well, apology accepted. But don't post such partisan tripe again, OK?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
And your basis for believeing otherwise is...............
Not taking people's words but analyzing for self. Try it occasionally, if not always.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Doctors just won't accept Medicaid Patients, and many more won't accept Medicare if the fee schedule remains stagnant.
How much do you think federal government should spend on Medicare and Medicaid? Is $835 billion in spending, too little?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Curious, to think, folks trust Docs with their life, but think they have no other
skills to contribute in the workforce
I did not say that! You should know, as a physician's wife, there is no way that the economy could absorb all these new entrants to the workforce, especially if they want to earn what they're earning now. Any doctor that quits should have a well thought-out plan before doing so.

People are posting about what docs could do, but my question was what do they think they will do?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, apology accepted. But don't post such partisan tripe again, OK?

As long as you and others can refrain from personal attacks simply because you don't like the message.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
As long as you and others can refrain from personal attacks simply because you don't like the message.
Don't provide opportunities to people to question your integrity.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Who needs doctors anyway. Except when you need any kind of medication. Or when you have a health problem that aspirin doesn't fix. Or when you are not in perfect health. Or when you start getting old.

I guess we do need doctors, and it does cost a bit to educate a doctor and put him in practice. I suppose the Boy King will simply expect them to work for very little, and then of course they must turn over what they make to Washington.

Obama's incredible lack of intellect should make Occidental, Columbia and Harvard shut their doors and deny they ever came up with the reverse discrimination of so-called Affirmative Action.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How much do you think government should spend on Medicare and Medicaid? Is $835 billion in spending, too little?
I'm talking about the failed fee schedule Medicare uses. Get a non profit single payer system
and we can talk about savings

Medicare's failed physician payment policy - Health - AEI

"MedPAC's recommendation spreads the cost of repealing the SGR among all the actors in the Medicare program. It recognizes that slowing the growth of physician spending alone will not solve Medicare's fiscal problem. It provides needed relief from the pressures of a failed cost control measure and allows us to focus our energies on developing a payment system that works."

Medicaid, I've said it before, might as well pay the docs with chickens and goats

There's a joke in the profession, that if you take a Medicaid patient, you might as well
give them money when they walk in the door....

With all that aside, even with AHA, poor folks will have access to health care via
clinics, teaching hospitals and such...That's what residencies are for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies