Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
People can also pick & choose what events to take their children to, without having to hear people like you calling them bad parents, idiots, perverts, etc. Freedom and equality - ever hear of it?
Hunting comes to mind. "Hey kids! How about we spend the day killing animals?" "Yeeyyyy!!!" But if that is what a parent wants to do then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
What should be banned? Homosexuality? Pride parades are like any other parade really, just with better costumes and friendlier people.

P.S. I'm not gay, nor is Helenejen as far as I know... we just aren't close-minded bigots, who believe everything we read on the Internet.
...duh OK

Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
They posted pictures of the vile acts. You can see for yourself..
I have no interest in reading some bigoted article from a biased website... were these photos from the actual parade/fair, or in a private adults-only area? You probably don't even know what I mean, since you obviously have never been to Pride.

But if you want to swap photos, should I share a few from Mardi Gras? Do you think that's a sick & perverted event that should be banned too?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:08 PM

477 posts, read 365,133 times
From the parade its self.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
...duh OK
Well, that was a brilliant and well thought-out response... LMAO. Guess you had no reply?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Hunting comes to mind. "Hey kids! How about we spend the day killing animals?" "Yeeyyyy!!!" But if that is what a parent wants to do then so be it.
Yeah, what a wholesome and child-friendly activity - not. But like you said, if a parent wants to do that with their child I won't stop them. Unlike some people here, I don't butt into how other people raise their children (provided no actual abuse is occurring).

Old 07-09-2012, 09:10 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
What should be banned? Homosexuality? Pride parades are like any other parade really, just with better costumes and friendlier people.
And absolutely hilarious! Gay Pride Parade in Chicago. Plant yourself until the synchronized stationary bike troupe does its routine. Amazing! And that fact that they are doing the routine in go-go shorts is beyond funny!!!

Quote:
P.S. I'm not gay, nor is Helenejen as far as I know... we just aren't close-minded bigots, who believe everything we read on the Internet.
Absolutely, except for a little sexual experimentation in my 20's. *LOL*

Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
From the parade its self.
And if it was, so what? It's not like you can just accidentally wander into these parades, considering they usually block traffic for blocks around it (most of downtown SF is inaccessible during Pride weekend). Do you think parents should be told where to take their children? But I doubt anything lewd was happening in the public eye, regardless, since I've never seen such a thing at SF Pride - and somehow I imagine we'd be more "open" than Philadelphia.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And absolutely hilarious! Gay Pride Parade in Chicago. Plant yourself until the synchronized stationary bike troupe does its routine. Amazing! And that fact that they are doing the routine in go-go shorts is beyond funny!!!
Haha, that sounds great.

We get some pretty funny ones at SF Pride too, but my favorite contingencies are usually D*kes on Bikes (they open each parade) and Cheer SF. The library also marches in it every year, and I really wanted to volunteer when I was working for SFPL - unfortunately I had a conflict that summer, or I totally would have done it!

Quote:
Absolutely, except for a little sexual experimentation in my 20's. *LOL*
LOL... I guess that doesn't count.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,250 times
Quote:
I don't know... why don't you ask the STRAIGHT folks, who do pretty much the same things (if not worse) in public? As I said to the OP, if you haven't actually attended a Pride event, you clearly have no idea what actually goes on there! I'll clue you in - most of the activities are perfectly "family friendly," and certainly less explicit than what you'd see at Mardi Gras. Why aren't people upset about that event? I guess when straight folks are acting lewd, it's just a natural expression of love and celebration. LOL
I wouldn't go to Mardi Gras, and I sure wouldn't take a kid there.

I certainly won't be at a gay pride parade either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies