Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times

Advertisements

Because;

- Rich people work harder

- Rich people reply to phone calls faster

- Rich people answer/reply emails faster

- Rich people tend to excercise more to stay healthier and spend less money on health care since they know that if they don't live healthy it will cost them more money.

- Rich people eat healthier to stay healthier to save cost.

- Rich people waste less money on late fees, and other fees that cost them money. Pay bills on time.

- Rich people tend to compare prices before buying items to save money.

Poor people overall don't do what is written above.

If poor people would try to do the same than they will end up with more money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 08:30 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Is this serious?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Yes it is and it is true...just ask a person who is making more money how the handle their business and personal matters.

I'm not rich but I see a lot of people around me who act the same as what I describe under the "poor" or less off!

I reply fast, check my bank statements for fake fees, and in the last week saved myself over $ 100 in fees that shouldn't have been charged to me.

ATT charged me $ 53 dollars when I upgraded my phone instead of $ 28 activation fee and the "dumb" emplyee refunded me the full amount and forgot to charge the amount they were allowed to charge...lol

BoA charged our child a interest charge of close to $ 50 and when I called they admitted it was wrongly charged and probably because she got a new credit card ....

Many people never check their statements!

Many people we do business with are stating we are fast with responses and that is how we are growing our business by replying faster...

I heard on the radio about a person writing a book about this subject and I knew all along that this is true...just think about it and if you deny it you are probably not one of the people who are doing better or able to get further than others in life!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:41 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Because;

- Rich people tend to excercise more to stay healthier and spend less money on health care since they know that if they don't live healthy it will cost them more money.

- Rich people waste less money on late fees, and other fees that cost them money. Pay bills on time.

I don't know if any of the above is true, but my experience tells me that many wealthy people get that way through taking risks, working hard and a little bit of luck.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:

I heard on the radio about a person writing a book about this subject and I knew all along that this is true...just think about it and if you deny it you are probably not one of the people who are doing better or able to get further than others in life!

I got cancer at 23 (and really, had been sick since I was 18 or 19) and I still probably work harder and smarter than you, despite still recovering from 6 months of chemo. However, the financial devastation of getting cancer so young means that I will likely never be wealthy, and struggle to be comfortable.

But I'd never trade my financial situation for the self-aggrandizing and mental illness that would be required to gloat in such an OP.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,280 times
Lightbulb How to get Rich for dummies - 101

Quote:
Because;

Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Because;

More than anything else, wealth is a mindset. All the points you make are very valid. But if you have a "poor person's mentality" you will always be poor. The relationship that we have with out money, and the attitude and psychological beliefs that we have about being wealthy have a tremendous financial impact on us. You can bet that people who were once "disadvantaged" and are now wealthy never said things like... "Rich people use and mistreat the poor". "Rich people are bad or evil". "Rich people don't care about anything except making money". You can bet that Bill Gates NEVER ONCE said any of those things.

As long as a person has a victim mentality they will stay stuck where they are. Yes, I do understand that extraordinary financial difficulties can happen (like the young man with the cancer), but you have the rest of your life to dig out and make a fortune. Focusing on what you DON'T HAVE rather than what you can achieve is a sure recipe for failure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I got cancer at 23 (and really, had been sick since I was 18 or 19) and I still probably work harder and smarter than you, despite still recovering from 6 months of chemo. However, the financial devastation of getting cancer so young means that I will likely never be wealthy, and struggle to be comfortable.

But I'd never trade my financial situation for the self-aggrandizing and mental illness that would be required to gloat in such an OP.
I feel sorry that you got cancer...BUT HOW CAN YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE!

I keep it business and nothing I wrote has anything to do with personal circumstances. Even if you have/had cancer you can still make sure you get as much out of life when it comes to money and saving and not wasting money by not replying, etc...

I think your missing the point by trying to make this a different thing...

Last edited by bentlebee; 07-10-2012 at 09:09 AM..

Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times

Mitt Romney gave away every penny of his inheritance. Every dime he has he has MADE himself. He would never say this. Mind you, I am no big Romney fan, but I give him credit where credit is due.

20yrisnBranson

Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I feel sorry that you got cancer...BUT HOW CAN YOU SAY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE!

I keep it business and nothing I wrote has anything to do with personal circumstances. Even if you have/had cancer you can still make sure you get as much out of life when it comes to money and saving and not wasting money by not replying, etc...

I think your missing the point by trying to make this a different thing...
You just proved MY point. You have no idea what is going on in most peoples' lives to make them where they are now. Thanks for playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies