Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:08 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
How about we just leave them the hell alone? Sounds good to me. There are idiots in every group of people including that one as well. I believe 100% in polygamy. I would never do it myself but I believe in people's right to choose for themselves.
We'd probably be able to leave them alone if they would leave their 12 year old female children alone. The FDLS is rotten to the core.

If consenting adults were to want to practice polygamy it would be one thing but that isn't how it works in the FDLS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchNsniff View Post
I watched the video where they are purposely and steadily working to free the kitten, chipping away at the concrete with a hammer as it's mewing in pain and it is shocking. If you don't think so, I worry for humanity.

Saddest Cat Rescue 2012 - YouTube
Oh, sorry. Didn't watch it, agree it would be shocking. Carry on.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Oh, sorry. Didn't watch it, agree it would be shocking. Carry on.
I don't want to watch it either,
but whomever did it should
be encased in concrete.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
The Police of both FLDS cities, Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona, are now in the process of being investigated by the Attorneys General of both states for corruption. All the cops in both towns are FLDS, and carried out illegal orders from Jeffs before he was caught and incarcerated.
Jeffs is still trying to rule both towns by decree, and there are still cops who are obeying him, even though he will die in prison.

Animal abuse is nothing new with the FLDS. Jeffs once commanded both cities to surrender all their dogs to the police, and most members did so. The few who didn't had their dogs removed forcefully, then all the dogs were shot in burial pits shortly afterward. Some were buried alive. To this day, there are still no dogs to be found there.

The sad fact is the members of the FLDS have been inculturated for over a half century to obey their leader without question over any and all others. Jeffs and a few others made millions from the free labor of the dutiful faithful, and any disobedience has been heavily punished. Those folks aren't going to change much quickly, as they are very ignorant by and large, of the wider world. Eventually, Jeffs will be usurped by one of his lieutenants, and it will all go on.

But if the State of Utah takes over the policing of Hildale, with the use of State Troopers and County Deputies under command of the State Police, the worst abuses will lessen. But polygamy will continue- the FLDS will find a way to get around laws against it, or just continue to break the law as long as the sect exists.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
There is also massive sexual abuse in their fundamentalist Mormon compounds. Girls as young as 13 are forcibly "married" to men in their 50's who already have a dozen "wives", meanwhile all the young boys (who never received any educations at all because of their "home schooling" which doesn't actually teach them anything) are chased off by the older men the moment they become teenagers because the old men who claim all the young girls don't want young males around competing with them for the females. That means dozens of young teenage boys are simply tossed out on to the street with no skills and no educations into a society they've never been allowed to know anything about.

The cultists don't want their members knowing about the outside world because then they might runaway or realize there is something wrong with 50-80 year old men forcing teenage girls into having sex with them.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:57 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
How about we just leave them the hell alone?
YEAH! Who cares if small girls are raped and beaten? Who cares if dozens of young boys are ran off each year and simply dumped on the street without any education or prospects or food?

What type of person are you? Allowing children to get raped is just A.O.K. with you? Either you have no idea what you're talking about or you're a disgusting person. I hope it is the former.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I'm sure that the church will raise the age limit of marriage to 18, but they will continue to run 14 year old boys off. The church has several different family clans, with some being more prosperous and prominent than others. The boys from the leading clans don't often get kicked out as much or as often, but there is a perpetual struggle that goes on, and once leading clans can be replaced by other clans, and it often happens. Old men marrying young women from other families is a way to keep the friction and ambition down, but it often fails to work as planned.

I am sure that if a man marries a 16 year old, it won't raise any legal eyebrows as long as it doesn't happen very often. I believe 16 is the legal limit for marriage in Utah.

Those who are familiar with the family clans can tell which woman comes from a particular family by the color of her dress. Before the Jeffs family's rise to leadership, the women didn't dress as they do now; their clothing was modest, but was contemporary with most popular fashions. The prairie style came in with the Jeffs family, and eventually material with patterns was frowned upon, so solid colors became the norm. Earlier, lace was the thing, the more the better, and patterns were allowed.

With women's choice of clothing so limited, the odd high pompadour hairstyle now seen as a result. Girls and ladies always want to be noticed and to be distinguished from their sisters, and hair was the only option left. With Jeffs now out of the picture for good, all this may soon change. 30 years ago, the hairstyle was all about big ringlets everywhere.

It is important to remember than the men are just as abused as the women, but in different ways. Men can have their wife (or wives) taken away from them at any time and given to other members, and the same can happen with their children. And the men have no say or recourse in the matter. The boys who are kicked out are often defended by their parents as much as the adults are able, and if a boy is to be allowed back, it's up to his father to get it done if possible.
That sort of stuff can hurt a responsible man very deeply.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
YEAH! Who cares if small girls are raped and beaten? Who cares if dozens of young boys are ran off each year and simply dumped on the street without any education or prospects or food?

What type of person are you? Allowing children to get raped is just A.O.K. with you? Either you have no idea what you're talking about or you're a disgusting person. I hope it is the former.
I agree with you. I hate damn people who hide behind a religion, to carry out their sexual fantasys. With young girls And i like animals better then most people, and would like to see the animals treat these evil humans as they have been treated.

Any normal human who is ok with this, is sick. There are other relgions out there like this, but when you use a religion to hide behind your sick disgusting twisted way of getting young girls to marry these older men. And keeping them from the outside world, is beyond comprehension.

Someone said to me a long long time again, who i thought was nuts. That the many problems facing our Country, will be because of religions. And the problem being, that everyone feels that their religion is superior to the others. And some take the obsession of religion, to another level.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 5,293 times
Default Get Educated

Quote:
How about we just leave them the hell alone? Sounds good to me. There are idiots in every group of people including that one as well. I believe 100% in polygamy. I would never do it myself but I believe in people's right to choose for themselves.
So you don't care that these folks "rights" cost you the tax payer millions of dollars in TANF, WIC and other social services each year? The states they live in pay subsidies for all these "wives" and kids. If you're going to have them you should be able to support them. They are nothing but perverted men leeching off of society or "bleeding the beast," as they refer to it. Not to mention that most of these young girls are not old enough to get legally married and many of them have serious physical problems trying to bear children at such a young age.

You are truly ignorant Coupon Dad. I personally don't care whether they have one wife or ten, as long as they are happy and self-supporting. When I have to support you, then you need to be neutered so you can't keep breeding what you can't support.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,124 times
Whoever does polygamy is the dumbest **** ever. One husband one wife idiots and cults are just wanna be leaders all they are is work of the devil every little thing cults do....cults will ROT in hell for trying to lie on GOD..god doesn't directly speak to anyone idc who u r!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies