Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times

Advertisements

" If we knew back then what we know now, we would have picked our own cotton" - Signed the White population of the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 12:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
And that's racism? A system developed overwhelmingly by whites has led to the largest, most diverse melting pot in the world. I am so proud of this country, yet at the same time saddened that so many take advantage of its goodness and kindness
Here's an idea, move to Iceland....

Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The diversity we have now is FORCED diversity.

PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH, PRESS TWO FOR SPANISH.

Read the labels on ANYTHING YOU BUY at the market - it's also in Spanish.
Those two completely voluntary business decisions are your examples of forced - I beg pardon, FORCED - diversity?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:08 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have to laugh when people say whites took down the native indians. Why are they not referred to by the country they came from rather than race? The British and Spanish were the ones most involved in the native indian conflicts. Does that make my Polish ancestors guilty by white skin/race anyway even though they had no conflicts with the native indians and came here much later?

What is even more ludicrous is holding white people alive today responsible for any past doings that they never were a part of.
My personal favorite is when people say the "white man massacred indians", like the mexicans and spanish didn't do the same thing.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
And that's racism? A system developed overwhelmingly by whites has led to the largest, most diverse melting pot in the world. I am so proud of this country, yet at the same time saddened that so many take advantage of its goodness and kindness
Agreed!

[cookies and milk for all!!]

Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
My personal favorite is when people say the "white man massacred indians", like the mexicans and spanish didn't do the same thing.
I know. Hypocricy rules with these people, doesn't it?

Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
" If we knew back then what we know now, we would have picked our own cotton" - Signed the White population of the USA
Not our fault that your ancestors were lazy.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Prove it.
The fact that there is:

A) No history of it EVER happening in the past
B) No political will to do so today (aside from the "lunatic fringe").

But, feel free to not take my word for it - just hold your breath till it happens.
LOL

Ken

Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
??? I don't understand the point of this. Do white people feel unappreciated and need thanks or something? Oh, well, I'll bite.

Thank you, white people. America is awesome.
LOL, thanks for the giggles

Old 07-11-2012, 07:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't. But then, why should i care?

Nor do i. Don't know what the big deal is.

What's "unnatural" about it?

Besides, you're scared.

What "other group?" Like who? The Indonesians?

Your second sentence is complete nonsense. The Irish were treated bad for a second, but by the early 20th century, they had patronage politics downpat and had the civil service jobs in several large urban cities firmly within their claws....to the exclusion of blacks and other groups.

Light skinned black dude here. Uh...NO. Fail. We still refer to ourselves as black in overwhelming numbers. What the hell else are we gonna call ourselves? Beige?

I always say Europeans. Spain is in Europe. Poland is in Europe. Your little divisions aren't my business, nor are they my problem. The Europeans, regardless of country, took down the Indians in brutal fashion. And yea, they were white.

And no one is holding you responsible for past wrongs. But don't pretend that those wrongs were never committed, or you'll be accused (and rightly so) of supporting those wrongs.
I've known several anglo white people with a least 1 g grandparent who was Black. They looked "white" tho 1 dude had nappy hair and they called themselves "white". This I'll say: they'd get their butts kicked in a Black ghetto cause of their skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies