Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 08:26 PM

60 posts, read 203,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
again.

Nobody can answer the original question posted.

Highlighted for your ease of reading in green...

Answer it.
Maybe because it's stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The function of every living organism on Earth is to reproduce to perpetuate the species. That is why you are here. Homosexuality is anathema to the function of humans; to the purpose of existence; and to life itself. It is anti-life.
This sentiment would, of course, also rule out heterosexual felatio and cunnilungus. And, I better not hear about you getting too friendly with yourself, since that generally doesn't lead to propagation of the species either.

Elucidating...

rogead

Old 07-11-2012, 09:44 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
Witness the fact that pedophiles, paraphiles, zoophiles and necrophiles are using your very same arguments to justify their actions as being "normal" and are moving closer and closer to being culturally redefined as "normal" so you cannot claim there is no harm being done.

Perhaps you can point out where, besides in your delusional mind, this is true. And while you're about that task maybe you can explain asexual reproduction and where that fits in your black and white world. I guess if were up to you we could just chuck most of society and culture and just get back to clubbing a female over the head and dragging her back to our cave and impregnating her. No need for marriage because our purpose is simply to reproduce. How shall we rid ourselves of sterile people? Obviously they serve no function in your world view. Sorry all you post menopausal women. Can't reproduce? It off to the extermination camp for you. Useless nonbreeder.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Gee, I use screwdrivers as chisels, to open paint cans, etc etc etc.
Its called multi-purposing a single tool.
That is not abnormal....I just dont have the time, nor the energy, to rebutt the rest of your droll argument.
Well no wonder the economy collapsed. You didn't buy a specialized tool for every task you had around the farm.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Meh. Only 25% of American households contain a heterosexual married couple with children. Looks like breeding heterosexuals are ABNORMAL. What freaks!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:51 PM

382 posts, read 488,318 times
Quote:
Because as a culture when you engage a cultural shift to gain acceptance from the majority when you are 3% of a population of humans you need to explain why.
Many studies have shown the percentage being more around 10%.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereoutthere15 View Post
Many studies have shown the percentage being more around 10%.
The Kinsey study done in the 1940s, which sampled prisoners, showed 10%. More conservative studies have shown less than 1%. I personally think 3-5% of the broader population is accurate, with a much higher concentration on college campuses and on Internet forums such as this. I think in today's culture it would be nearly impossible to get a completely accurate poll, since gay is entirely a state of mind and there is no physical characteristics common among all gay people to give it away.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Heterosexuality is a deviant life style in America today.

BAN THE RIGHT OF HETEROSEXUALS TO GET MARRIED, HAVE BENEFITS, AND OTHER EQUAL RIGHTS THAT THE HOMOSEXUALS HAVE.

Now take a moment to realize the irony and obvious satire in that statement - do you not see how ridiculous it sounds to force people to explain their lifestyle? Makes no sense.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
This post has nothing to do with denigrating homosexual people.
Of course it is. ALL your posts on this topic are about denigrating homosexual people.
Quote:
Please refrain from Religious Scripture in your posts.

I want to discuss only the socio-sexual behavior of homosexuals which is the basis for attributing their sexuality to a culture/lifestyle.

In order to get to the root of validating homosexual behavior as a valid "lifestyle" (sociopolitical) that is on equal ground with heterosexuals in behavior and sociologically - which is the norm in our society.

Discuss the benefits of homosexuality.
I'm sure you think this makes perfect sense. Sadly for you, it's just a word salad.

How about you prove the 'validity' of YOUR 'lifestyle' of spending hours every day on anonymous forums posting ignorant denigrating nonsense about gay and lesbian people?

Last edited by Ceist; 07-12-2012 at 02:16 AM..

Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Let me start by saying that I am not gay, but have a profound understanding of human psychology
No. You don't.

As evidenced by this nonsense below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
as well as having a couple of buddie's that are gay. (and I have learned alot from them in non-sexual areas of life like what kind of bronzer to use when tanning: Flare Bronzer as well as some tips on style/fashion).

And I love women and have my entire life. The way they look (killer curves), their feminine behavior, how they smell,etc.

In a nutshell. I think the whole thing is way more complex than whether or not a guy is just "born" gay because that is an oversimplification of something that is way more complicated. I think the social parameters that a guy grows up in play a role as well as subconscious responses at an early age to members of the opposite sex as well as what might be percieved as normal in his culture combined with his own personnal psychological map. It is important to note that many gay men have other underlying and often undiagnosed emotional and/or psycholgoical issues that although they are not anything that would adversly affect the quality of their lives, could be a contributing factor to their own individual (and maybe not quite a physiological) response to sex and human intimacy.

There is also a significant percentage of gay men that have such a high sex drive (gay or not) that it could never be met by the women that are potentially available to them in a dating pool within their culture or geographical region. So their way of handling it, is by going gay and since men by nature have higher sex drives (and not requiring the emotional level of attachment by women) they are able to satisfy that need for sex and physcial intimacy in the most efficient way possible: with other men. And as a bonus in some cases there is absolutely no risk whatsoever of getting another man pregnant and having offpsring that need to be taken care of for two decades or longer since it is impoossible for two men to procreate.

The decision to roll gay might also be the result (for guys) of unresolved issues with their mother growing up and lacking the ability to bond with a member of the opposite sex in it's purest form, which is the unconditional love given by a primary caregiver to her offspring. So lacking the ability to do that well into adulthood, a guy that might normally be straight might decide to go gay and rebel against the love for a woman that he should have known in his initial vulnerable state of child when his need for attention and love was not returned by a mother that was not completely there emotionally for him at a time when it was very necessary for his development and personnal evolution.

One of my buddies that is gay is always joking about how gross it is that women have periods and refers to the blood factor involved and it has always struck me as odd that he even thinks about that. So maybe when he was younger, he accidently saw one of his mother's tampons in the wastebasket and it was so traumatic and at such a young age that the image and thought of that became implanted in his mind and left an impression that was so horrific, that he never developed the internal neuro-chemistry necessary to want to get closs to that part of a woman or insert part of his body into it. That is totally understandable all things considered if that was or is the case. I can't judge him for that.

And once again, back to the availability of sex amongst gay males. They do not have to go through the endless rituals of courtship, flowers, acting like they love the other guy. Two men together that are gay and at the same time sexual aroused is the same as a guy with a woman in the same state. Only with a man and a women, both parties are not always ready to go. By guys being gay - and with an available supply of other gay men, it is like the most efficient way to get from point A to B and at all times. Yeah, occasionally they have "relationships" but that is more of a sociological response to what they witness members of the opposite sex doing and that form of mimicking what appears to be other human behavior is more of a response to them wanting to adapt to society rather than any inherent need or desire to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies