Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 04:16 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
again.

Nobody can answer the original question posted.

Highlighted for your ease of reading in green...

Answer it.
What is highlighted in green is not a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
How about it's none of your business?

And I am straight and have no desire to hear an explanation. Just as I have no desire to explain to people my "heterosexual" behavior.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:02 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
do not engage dogma. I'm not interested in taking this thread into dogma.

discuss
That's impossible because the only objections to homosexuality's 'permission' to legally exist are coming from primitive religious. IE those who've reverted to old testament orthodoxy as a shorthand for genuine theological scholarship that takes scientific discovery into account. The roots of all the prejudice & homophobia lie squarely in religious interpretations inflicting themselves on the least educated populations on the planet. On that subject I concur with atheists criticism but not to the conclusion they came to because they're blaming the car for what the operators are doing. That's irrational and they ought to know better.

Recall that evangelicals handed a Bible to an African witch doctor without theological training who commenced to instruct his flock to suffer not a witch to live, which in turn, translated to parents literally abusing or outright killing their own children. When a phenomena is happening due to religious interpretations, it cannot be avoided that the references will be brought up directly or indirectly. You might as well demand that no reference be made to elements but expect to understand chemistry. It cannot be done. Nothing I've said is intent on selling religion, so what's the point of the caveat?

There is ZERO science to support the legitimacy of the concern coming from homophobia. There is ZERO science to support their belief that gay= pedophile or zoophile. Conservative religious of every denomination have been desperate to find it to justify orthodoxy and can't. To expect your thread to fill up with proof that someone didn't do something is not something that can ever be proven. Right?

So back to the dogma-- if in fact the orthodox interpretations are 100% accurate and 100% applicable to ALL males regardless of their sexual orientation, yet gays feel compelled to be true to themselves just the same... who pays the price for their choice? Isn't it the same price atheists will pay? Are religious hysterical to save the souls of atheists? Nope. They're hysterical about ANYTHING to do with sexuality to the extreme that heartbreaking tales like this: Sexploration: Married, but unconsummated - Health - Sexual health - Sexploration - msnbc.com are still a reality. For those who claim to be religious, it is gays alone who will face their maker on judgment day. It is also the religious who have spent their lives persecuting them who will face their maker on judgment day. I have a sneaking suspicion they have no faith but make careers of exploiting those who do so they carry on male posturing playing God themselves.

For those reading this who do hold religious beliefs, care to bet who is more guilty of what in God's eyes? For atheists and agnostics, who is the criminal if it is I putting dupes up to psychologically tormenting gays by proxy?

My personal theory regarding the vehement language of leviticus: there's a possibility that the author of the passage was himself a victim of sexual violence at some point in his life. I cannot comprehend a greater humiliation to the male psyche than to be raped or be rendered a sexual slave by another male. It could also have been his way of warning hetero men of severe psychological harm should they be experimenting because I do believe that it's harmful to heteros surely as forcing a homosexual to live up to hetero standards would be harmful to their psyches. Before the internet, before there was any such thing as a formal medical profession or scientific method, I imagine this was of real concern when young men are so susceptible to male peer pressure goading them into self destructive behavior but poorly understood during Biblical times; Sexual Addiction Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment on MedicineNet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Less competition for heterosexual men.

[/thread...]
Hahahaa social conservative fems are quaking in their boots over transvestites. They can't compete, jealous as hell, and having anxiety attacks over what sexual demands their husbands might impose on them since sodomy laws were overturned. Seriously- wouldn't you be scared if you took a vow to obey whatever demented character flaws your mate had? Go fetch my meth! I want to be married to a millionaire- go rob a bank!

Personally, I can understand their insecurity, but I just don't get their jealousy. I'm wondering why on earth they'd want anything to do with a man who can't tell the difference between a real woman and 5 pounds of paint.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Because as a culture when you engage a cultural shift to gain acceptance from the majority when you are 3% of a population of humans you need to explain why.
What if Allen West was gay, would he have to explain himself too or would that be racist?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
It worked for Sparta. All the men were gay. It was abnormal if you didn't have sex with other men.
Interesting, no? Women were just tools to make more men. To be super-gay with.
Women of Sparta: Tough Mothers | Heritage Key
Something changed since then?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
I dont think its really a question of gays trying to justify this or that. The question should be, why is it now that they are pandered to and catered to and pushed on everyone? From their own special month, to celebrations of gays at the Pentagon. Its gotten out of hand. And now, if you see two gay people holding hands, kissing, etc and you dont say how "cute" or "lovely" or something else complimentary, you're considered a "hater". Its been pushed on so much and really, its just getting annoying and sickening.

Since when did tolerance equal having to kiss up to them with praise and phony compliments? Just because two dudes are together and look "happy" doesnt mean they have to be showered with this and that. I dont have an issue with them as people, but because I will always see two dudes together as a bit gross and strange doesnt make me some evil person.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Answer the OP.

that's all....
The OP (which is very hostile implying a human being has to justify their right to exist) is not the same as name the benefits/ contributions of homosexuals in society. I think organic population control (they can't impregnate one another) is a benefit considering how many birth control pills and condoms the rest of us are obliged to use during child bearing years if you have no aspiration to be The Duggars. Maybe that's something of a design function in our species? Other species have the capacity to morph gender based on environmental circumstances (fish). Others still have the ability to specify the gender that would be born (bees). There appears to be a grander scheme about our own species we can't see just yet but science is bound to uncover someday.

Do gays make it easier for men to emotionally express themselves through creative endeavors? I suspect gay men understand hetero males better than hetero females do. Who knows... in defense of marriage, they just might wind up being ideal marriage counselors. Wouldn't that be ironic.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:06 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
I posted a valid question.

Can you answer it?
It isn't a valid question.

There are all sorts of things--professional wrestling for instance--in which I find no personal value, but which do attract a fan base and, from there, advertisers.

I don't ask wrestling fans to "make a case" for wrestling. I don't care enough, for one; I'd rather ignore it entirely. If I did ask, the proper response of any self-respecting fan would be to tell me to bugger off.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
I don't feel the need to justify myself to you, or anyone else.

I am a citizen of this country, THAT is all that matters. As a citizen of this country I can not be denied the rights and privileges granted to another citizen.

Darn constitution.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
It isn't a valid question.

There are all sorts of things--professional wrestling for instance--in which I find no personal value, but which do attract a fan base and, from there, advertisers.

I don't ask wrestling fans to "make a case" for wrestling. I don't care enough, for one; I'd rather ignore it entirely. If I did ask, the proper response of any self-respecting fan would be to tell me to bugger off.
I didn't ask anyone to give a statement or comment on the validity of professional wrestling.

This post is intended to be a departure from the general questions about homosexuality, those people pro/and con.

The questions have been asked about - gay marriage: is it ok for the kids, is it ok for society, is it o.k., why is it o.k., why isn't it o.k., why are you opposed?, why are you anti?, are gays destroying society, are gays contributing to society? etc....

I asked a specific question on this board which hasn't been asked before, and some are completely taken off balance because the question is framed in a way where some have a difficult time commenting, so they toss up B.S. distractions such as asking about "professional wrestling", or some other nonsense.

It's interesting that nobody can make a case for the normality of homosexuality, but they can argue you to death over why they need gay marriage, should adopt, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies