Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 06:09 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
Instead of attacking the message, you're throwing mud at the messenger?

Politifact presented a clear, reasonable, unbiased consideration of the poll and found that the message being conveyed and what the poll actually said were not in alignment, and that the poll did not accurately represent all doctors.
You are wasting you time. KUchief25 isn't interested in facts or learning anything. He just wants to listen to views that reinforce his already established ideology. Any information that is contrary to that is merely dismissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Only if being honest and truthful mattered to them... lies and misinformation, fear mongering... great drivers for the ignorant masses.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Fine. They charge way to much for their services anyway. My father was recently in the ER for a total of 5 hours complaining of abdominal pain. A doctor came in and saw him for a total of about 5 minutes and ordered a mess of obscenely expensive tests (because the doctor saw my Dad had good insurance, I'm sure). Gave my Dad some pain meds and releases him. Charges 3,000 for his emergency "Sevices" and another $5,ooo for the Hospital for the 5 hour Emergency room visit. That's $1,000 an hour, folks. I guess that's so my Dad's insurance could pay for the 20 or so people sitting in the ER with no insurance.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
I didn't see anywhere the questions asked. The thing about polls is many times the "questions" listed in the results is different or shortened from the actual question asked, making it possible for those paying for the poll to get the results they want.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:38 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Back in the beginning of this thread I explained why the article said NOTHING about 83% of doctors considering leaving the practice because of Obamacare.

The OP is a LIAR.

Could threads be shut down where the OP is a complete LIE??

Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Back in the beginning of this thread I explained why the article said NOTHING about 83% of doctors considering leaving the practice because of Obamacare.

The OP is a LIAR.

Do you remember this thread you started a while back?

I know EXACTLY why we are failing as a country...
We simply can't get along.

How do we expect our politicians to get along when we as citizens can't get along? We use these obscure titles of "Democrat" and "Republican" to place blame when really the blame is on all of us.

If we the people decided to band together and work at solving issues politicians would lose all the power they hold by dividing us. I don't care if your democrat or republican, how often do the politicians actually work in your best interest?

We have so much potential...

Yet you call people liar's . How old are you, 12. If calling a poster a LIAR is your debate tactics then perhaps you could head back to Jr.High.

And since you calling other posters a LIAR, then your post about wanting to "get along" IS A LIE. grow up.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Do you remember this thread you started a while back?

I know EXACTLY why we are failing as a country...
We simply can't get along.

How do we expect our politicians to get along when we as citizens can't get along? We use these obscure titles of "Democrat" and "Republican" to place blame when really the blame is on all of us.

If we the people decided to band together and work at solving issues politicians would lose all the power they hold by dividing us. I don't care if your democrat or republican, how often do the politicians actually <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">work</a> in your best interest?

We have so much potential...

Yet you call people liar's . How old are you, 12. If calling a poster a LIAR is your debate tactics then perhaps you could head back to Jr.High.

And since you calling other posters a LIAR, then your post about wanting to "get along" IS A LIE. grow up.

Ummm?? Please explain how I'm lying?

Also, please explain how describing something that is NOT in an article is the same as stating an opinion??

Old 07-16-2012, 09:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
Why do we poll on elections? It's entertaining to viewers, and brings in ad revenue to media outlets.

And, no, you do not have bias in every poll. Now, you're misunderstanding polling.

As for the bias of this particular entity behind this particular poll? When you, as an organization, say that you are out-and-out against the PPACA, any poll results regarding the health care should be taken with a grain of salt. Does that mean this poll was biased as a result? No, but, as noted by Politifact, the questions had very skewed possible answers. That does suggest the poll was biased by the political leanings of the larger organization.
No I don't misunderstand polling. Your the one making such a big issue out of it not me. A poll is what it is a sampling.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You are wasting you time. KUchief25 isn't interested in facts or learning anything. He just wants to listen to views that reinforce his already established ideology. Any information that is contrary to that is merely dismissed.
Explain your facts.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

The OP is a LIAR.

These are my words from the OP........."The lines will be worse than the DMV when this is all said and done."

Now you will have to explain how this is a lie when obamacare isn't all "said and done" yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies