Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
So people should be pushed off healthcare to fix the doctor shortage?
It's the modern Republican way. "Something for you means less for me, so f*ck you!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's the modern Republican way. "Something for you means less for me, so f*ck you!"
Yes it is my responsibility to provide for MY family not yours so in essence F you is correct.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Only a fool woud believe that 8 out of 10 doctors are seriously thinking about quiting medicine, a real fool
No doctors are. The whole thread is a joke. Leave medicine and do what? Sell Tupperware?

Half of 'em owe thousands in school loans. Gonna pay that back driving a forklift?

Threads like these are polluting this site.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:19 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Goodbye 83 percent of all doctors. Sigh. Now we call all go full Mad Max on health care. I see wars. Wars for the precious juice.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Goodbye 83 percent of all doctors. Sigh. Now we call all go full Mad Max on health care. I see wars. Wars for the precious juice.
Since this thread was first posted 07-11-2012, 01:10 AM, I don't notice the droves of doctors leaving the practice. The lines at the golf courses are about the same too.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The lines will be worse than the DMV when this is all said and done.

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.
The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.
Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.
By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

Read more: Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare | The Daily Caller
Yes, I am really worried about doctors giving up their expensive medical degrees because of a new law that gives them more clients. LOL, conservatives continue to drift further and further away from reality.

Since this survey was conducted in 2012, I suspect by now surely 83% of doctors have quit.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, I am really worried about doctors giving up their expensive medical degrees because of a new law that gives them more clients. LOL, conservatives continue to drift further and further away from reality.

Since this survey was conducted in 2012, I suspect by now surely 83% of doctors have quit.

1. "New clients"? They are medicaid patients; we lose money on every medicaid patient. There are very few physicians who will be eager to add new medicaid patients.

2. Why would we "quit" medicine? We can choose to see whoever we want. Given this, Obamacare will have little impact on my practice.

3. Those impacted the most by Obamacare will be younger physicians with existing debt.

4. We have not seen any physicians "leaving medicine" over Obamacare yet, as it has not been implemented yet. We will have to see what practices are effected over time.

5. Given all of the new medicaid patients, ERs and county hospitals will be more jammed up than usual.

6. Most of us over age 50 have enough money saved such that we could "retire" if we wanted.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Since this thread was first posted 07-11-2012, 01:10 AM, I don't notice the droves of doctors leaving the practice. The lines at the golf courses are about the same too.
This looks like another one of the far right wingers' false prophecies. I wonder what prophecies that they are drumming up today will also turn out to be false a year from now.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. "New clients"? They are medicaid patients; we lose money on every medicaid patient. There are very few physicians who will be eager to add new medicaid patients.

2. Why would we "quit" medicine? We can choose to see whoever we want. Given this, Obamacare will have little impact on my practice.

3. Those impacted the most by Obamacare will be younger physicians with existing debt.

4. We have not seen any physicians "leaving medicine" over Obamacare yet, as it has not been implemented yet. We will have to see what practices are effected over time.

5. Given all of the new medicaid patients, ERs and county hospitals will be more jammed up than usual.

6. Most of us over age 50 have enough money saved such that we could "retire" if we wanted.
Oh wow, you are a doctor now? When did you go to college and get into the medical field to practice medicine?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Yes, new patients if you like. Since everyone is now required to have health insurance, that adds millions more paying patients.

I didn't say doctors should quit medicine.

The whole point was a poll was produced that was silly and someone reposted it to show how it looks even sillier now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies