Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:05 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,244,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I bet you picked something from CNN because it sounds conservative. If it didn't... you would be trumpeting "liberal bias".
That's nice.

What about the study's findings do you disagree with? Methodology, etc? Not the 83% one, the one I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,756,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
That's nice.

What about the study's findings do you disagree with? Methodology, etc? Not the 83% one, the one I posted.
Do you not the like the topic at hand?

Old 07-11-2012, 02:16 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,921,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The lines will be worse than the DMV when this is all said and done.

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.
The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.
Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.
By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

Read more: Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare | The Daily Caller
SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND

Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,090,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Tell you what. Come back and tell me how right you were five years from now....
Sorry, but that was a load of bull, and i was obligated to call you out on it.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,244,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you not the like the topic at hand?
What about the ACA will arrest the acceleration of small practice BKs?

Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,756,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What about the ACA will arrest the acceleration of small practice BKs?
I don't see how it would have an effect, one way or the other. If anything, we just might see AMA finally giving up on its stupidity of over-controlling medical professionals. But hey, count me out from among the simple people who actually believe in that 83% number. I'm sure many are actually serious about it.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:37 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,829,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
lol sure yea like they are going to throw away years of education because of a law, what are they gonna do afterwards work at burger king? they aren't going anywhere unless its out of the country.. but oh way, they have universal healthcare there too. so they are going no where

Don't forget the student loans...

Old 07-11-2012, 03:41 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,957,323 times
Quote:
I have had two cardiologists retire on me in the last year since all this crap started. Neither of them were that old, but have enough saved to just quit and retire. If in my city alone 2 have quit, (and we're only talking cardiologists) how many others will follow suit. I know a lot of young people that were going into nursing that have changed their major because they see the writting on the wall. It won't take any 20 years for things to get bad and for it to be difficult to get treatment. Aint Hope and Change wonderful...
You are the only one who apparently read the article which cited what you mentioned. Many of these current doctors are getting to the end of their careers and how many in the future will want to put in the time, effort and money it costs to go to medical school only to be told what they can and can't charge by uncle sam.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:26 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,419,263 times
Quote:
I have had two cardiologists retire on me in the last year since all this crap started. Neither of them were that old, but have enough saved to just quit and retire. If in my city alone 2 have quit, (and we're only talking cardiologists) how many others will follow suit. I know a lot of young people that were going into nursing that have changed their major because they see the writting on the wall. It won't take any 20 years for things to get bad and for it to be difficult to get treatment. Aint Hope and Change wonderful...
Already asked, but since it seems to have slipped your mind, I'll ask again. What did these nursing students change their majors to? Women's studies? Art history? Some other major the RW makes fun of regularly?

Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,195,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...onsidered.html

I didn't believe it when I saw it here ^^^ and I don't believe it now...
Why does you link not work? There must be some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies