U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,181,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The title is misleading, she didn't invested in foreign accounts through investment funds, she didn't have a bank account in Switzerland or set up a private accounts in the Caymen Islands. What percentage of the investment fund was in forgeing investments, .001%?
Exactly. The purpose of threads, and ones like it, are a bald attempts to defend/deflect Mitt Romney's hiding money in the Cayman Islands and other places. This is the "Johnny did it too defense." Except that the situations are entirely different. Romney knowing and willingly hides millions in foreign accounts and DWS unknowingly through her 401K had a few thousand dollars in European and Indian investments; Romney hasn't disclosed all but one tax years; DWS provides full disclosure. Yeah, exactly the same thing in the eyes of Romney apologists.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 AM

36,811 posts, read 38,123,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Here we go again

There are enough bad things to say about people like this. Threads like this though simply serve to knock down the credibility of those making the argument. There is nothing illegal or questionable about what she did in this instance. Sorry.
But, the pot calling the kettle black IS the issue. Hypocrisy is the issue, not the subject itself. It's like calling someone out for living in a mansion when you, yourself fly all over the country in your private jet to say it. The title of the thread is Wasserman Schultz Hypocrite not Wasserman Schultz Foreign Bank Account.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But, the pot calling the kettle black IS the issue. Hypocrisy is the issue, not the subject itself. It's like calling someone out for living in a mansion when you, yourself fly all over the country in your private jet to say it. The title of the thread is Wasserman Schultz Hypocrite not Wasserman Schultz Foreign Bank Account.
Except comparing the millions Romney knowingly shelters in the Caymans to Schultz's few thousand that a mutual fund invested is hardly comparable and laughably an example of hypocrisy.

Besides that, it's the same thing.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,570,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Exactly. The purpose of threads, and ones like it, are a bald attempts to defend/deflect Mitt Romney's hiding money in the Cayman Islands and other places. This is the "Johnny did it too defense." Except that the situations are entirely different. Romney knowing and willingly hides millions in foreign accounts and DWS unknowingly through her 401K had a few thousand dollars in European and Indian investments; Romney hasn't disclosed all but one tax years; DWS provides full disclosure. Yeah, exactly the same thing in the eyes of Romney apologists.
As I understand it Romney, for several years now, has had his money in a blind trust. Which means that the trustee, whose job is to protect and grow Romney's money, is the one who invested those funds, both here in the country and out of the country. There is nothing illegal about that. If there were the trustee, not Romney, would be under indictment. And as far as disclosing additional tax returns, my suggestion for Romney is to address the President directly and say 'Mr. President, you first. When you disclose your college transcripts and college writings and your college applications, and the source of the funding for your college education, then I'll disclose more of my tax returns.'

Old 07-11-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
As I understand it Romney, for several years now, has had his money in a blind trust. Which means that the trustee, whose job is to protect and grow Romney's money, is the one who invested those funds, both here in the country and out of the country. There is nothing illegal about that. If there were the trustee, not Romney, would be under indictment. And as far as disclosing additional tax returns, my suggestion for Romney is to address the President directly and say 'Mr. President, you first. When you disclose your college transcripts and college writings and your college applications, and the source of the funding for your college education, then I'll disclose more of my tax returns.'
Yup, Romney has been saying that his investments are in a blind trust which he has no control over. However, back in 1994 when Romney was running against Ted Kennedy for the Senate, he had a totally different point of view about how much control one exercises over his/her own blind trust:

Mitt Romney in 1994 "The Blind Trust Is An Age Old Ruse." - YouTube

Old 07-11-2012, 09:58 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,458,494 times
Oh...this is funny! Debbie Downer steps in it!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM

3,726 posts, read 5,856,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Awful voice, wouldnt doubt if she use to be a he (not that there's anything wrong with that) She kind of reminds me of chewed up dirty bubblegum stuck to a tire, you're like where the *% did this *%*come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Bill Maher in drag ... (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Actually, I find her to be quite attractive. Other than that, let's see if I can find anything else I like about her. ---------------Um, ah, hmmm, I'm thinking, I'm thinking, give me time----------------, nope, guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies