Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I would argue that the false accusations of racism are themselves a backdoor form of racism.
Only if they are false. I surely hope you don't take every accusation of racism as false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Only if they are false. I surely hope you don't take every accusation of racism as false?
That is the point - when "racism" is bandied about where it does not exist - it makes a mockery of and marginilizes actual racism. The word loses real meaning when it is used improperly. Real racism does exist - but the race-baiters are destroying any possibility of rooting it out by making false claims and utilizing the race card as a tool of squelching debate and discussion.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The problem that many on the right don't see is that they constantly open themselves up for the accusation. Newt Gingrich, ron paul, the teap aprty, rick santorum, bachmann all made comments that could be seen as racist. The voter ID laws, trying to eliminate entitlements, trying to change history in school textbooks to eliminate slavery, recently the tea party having the confederate flag in a parade. This is just in the last few years. The repubicans constantly give the ability to throw it around.

So do you apply the same standard to Democrats who say things that 'could be seen as racist.' For example, Barack Obama's use of the phrase "typical white person,' or Biden's remark about Obama being a 'clean' African-American, or Harry Reid's comment about being 'light skinned' and having 'no Negro dialect?'

Or do you apply the standard only when it happens to conveniently align with your political outlook?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is exactly what I described, the charge is designed to shut down all dissent. Also the above argument could be described as racist using the posters logic. Voter ID for example. Why does the poster view this as racist? Are AA somehow inferior to whites in their ability to comply with the law? This is of course a ridiculous position, yet one those who describe the law as racist take.
the problem is the intent behind the vote ID laws. If blacks voted for republicans or we split our vote evenly between the two parties, there would be no voter ID laws. The laws were put into place, by republicans to give them an advantage in the election. The republicans can hide behind this idea that there is so much voter fraud and thats why the law was created.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
[quote=wutitiz;25122196]I would argue that the false accusations of racism are themselves a backdoor form of racism. My reasoning is that the false accusation tactic predictably creates racism in two ways: a) those who are falsely accused are likely to become inflamed. At minimum they're not going to be motivated to work towards MLK's dream. b) bystanders who mistakenly buy into the false accusations are going to be inflamed. If a race-baiter can convince people that there's a racist hiding under every rock & leaf, trust is eroded, and again progress towards MLK's dream is halted.

What is interesting (and appalling) to me is that these false accusations are so common, even right here on CD. In a recent thread about a column by Ted Nugent, a poster said " Nuge would rather live in a nation with black people in chains" even though Nugent said, or even implied no such thing. Another poster dependably posts something almost every week accusing the the Tea Party of being racism.

Then there are a few famous cases that I have posted where lefty pundits had to outright admit that they were using the tactic of 'call them racist' to advance a political agenda. One example was blogger Spencer Ackerman, another is lefty gadfly Mary Frances. There are other examples. The death of teenager Trayvon Martin alone spawned untold numbers of examples.

Mary Frances Berry's response to 'Contracting out U.S. security? And will branding tea party 'racist' work?' - The Arena | POLITICO.COM
Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

Something to think about as we head into an election that is likely to feature no shortage of accusations of racism from the left.[/quote

You really need to read "Rules for Radicals". It all becomes abundantly clear.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,132,512 times
Is Pretending There is No Racisim on the Right a Racist Tactic Itself?

Don't you ever worry about embarrassing yourself?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

The burden of proof should be on the accuser. If the accuser does not have the evidence, then I am going to assume the accusation to be false. Innocent till proven guilty, no?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
the problem is the intent behind the vote ID laws. If blacks voted for republicans or we split our vote evenly between the two parties, there would be no voter ID laws. The laws were put into place, by republicans to give them an advantage in the election. The republicans can hide behind this idea that there is so much voter fraud and thats why the law was created.
lol. Let me tell you something. If you told all these "supposed" people who can't get an ID that there is a free check waiting for them at the nearest wherever, but all you need is a photo ID to get the free money, these people would have one within a few hours.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,132,512 times
Quote:
The burden of proof should be on the accuser. If the accuser does not have the evidence, then I am going to assume the accusation to be false. Innocent till proven guilty, no?
Great. See my previous post with pictures. Please explain how the accusation of racisim is false here?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,109 times
Quote:
So do you apply the same standard to Democrats who say things that 'could be seen as racist.' For example, Barack Obama's use of the phrase "typical white person,' or Biden's remark about Obama being a 'clean' African-American, or Harry Reid's comment about being 'light skinned' and having 'no Negro dialect?'

Or do you apply the standard only when it happens to conveniently align with your political outlook?
when democrats are trying to change slavery in textbooks, start writing racist newsletters, tell white people they'll try to stop blacks from taking their money, tell blacks to ask for paychecks not food stamps, have a confederate flag in a parade, and signs a pledge stating that black kids were better off as slaves, we'll call them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies