Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 04:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Bammer gonna pay my bills.........yippee!!

"A multistate identity theft scam that claims President Barack Obama will pay your utility bills appears to have widened. According to MSNBC.com, more than 2,000 customers in Tampa, Fla., fell for the fake offer last week.
The scheme was first reported in May, when Dallas-based Atmos Energy warned its 3 million customers in 12 states that scammers had been asking for Social Security numbers to enroll in the faux federal program. According to the pitch—distributed via email, Facebook, text message, phone and, in some cases, door-to-door sales—the government would pay a month of energy costs through credits offered by the Obama administration.
PSE&G, the New Jersey gas and electric delivery utility, issued a similar warning the same month. According to MSNBC, there were 10,000 reported victims in New Jersey in recent weeks, and thousands more in North Carolina, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
The offer even includes a fake Federal Reserve bank routing number for those who enroll, and solicits "success stories" to pass along to friends online.
According to the Lehigh Valley Morning Call, some residents said that their duped neighbors were enlisted to spread the offer. "My neighbor comes running with a paper that had a routing and account number," Caroline Morales of Bethlehem, Penn., told the paper. "She said Obama was helping people pay their utility bills, mortgage and any bills you had."

‘Obama pays your bills’ scam claims more victims | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 04:56 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
What morons fall for this ? Oh yeah, ones that are accustomed to getting free benefits.

When is that lady from 2008 going to get the free car and gas Obama promised ?

Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM

I guess the only good news is the crooks are getting the social security numbers from these folks to loot what money they had. They were going to loot the US taxpayers for money so what comes around goes around. Chickens coming home to roost. lol

Old 07-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I stepped in a puddle on my way to the car. I'm going to blast oBama on da interwebs!
Why did you delete your post? Then you come back with more nonsense? I guess the mods will accept this eh? LOL.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I wouldn't.... There is plenty to blast him for that he IS responsible for.
Well certainly... but when looking at the title of the thread one would expect something else. Considering the poster I just had to call the person out for that person's repeated ignorance.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
[quote=KUchief25;25125415]Bammer gonna pay my bills.........yippee!!

According to the Lehigh Valley Morning Call, some residents said that their duped neighbors were enlisted to spread the offer. "My neighbor comes running with a paper that had a routing and account number," Caroline Morales of Bethlehem, Penn., told the paper. "She said Obama was helping people pay their utility bills, mortgage and any bills you had."
[/quote]

"They walk among us."

Not trying to be snide or have a lack of empathy for their situation but I'd bet the vast majority were Obama supporters.

"They walk among us".

Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
[quote=KUchief25;25125415]Bammer gonna pay my bills.........yippee!!

[/quote]

"They walk among us."

Not trying to be snide or have a lack of empathy for their situation but I'd bet the vast majority were Obama voters in '08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies