Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 05:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

More blood on the hands of the Black Left.

Quote:
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York was dismissive when asked if his police department, under siege for the way it uses the police tactic of stop-and-frisk, might take a lesson from Philadelphia’s response to a similar challenge.

“Why would any rational person want to trade what we have here for the situation in Philadelphia — more murders, higher crime?” Mr. Bloomberg said in May, referring to an epidemic of gun violence that in 2010 pushed Philadelphia’s homicide rate up for the first time since 2007, an incline that continued last year.
Keyword: rational, the Black Left is anything but rational.

Quote:
In most cases, Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey said, both victims and perpetrators have been African-American or Hispanic men.

“I think we have to face some realities,” said Commissioner Ramsey, who is African-American. “We certainly do not want to be stopping people without the reasonable suspicion that we need to conduct a stop. But just because someone is complaining and they want to play the race card doesn’t mean it’s an inappropriate stop.”
Ah some rationality begins to creep in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/us...a.html?_r=1&hp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
And crickets......

Because let's be real... with some of the blowhard race card throwers on CD...their only resort now is to call Ramsey a "self loathing black man"...

Old 07-11-2012, 05:45 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

But, in light of my post above, I agree with this....always have and always will.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Targeted measures are necessary IMHO.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Don't know anything about Philly so I won't claim I do. NYC I do know something about. Last year there were 655,000 stop and frisks in the Big Apple. There were 800 non-gun related arrests and 88 guns recovered. Adjusted for scale that is the likely outcome of Philadelphia's stop and frisk program. Many black men in high risk area's will be stopped multiple times in a year and sexually assaulted by authorized law enforcement officers. Just because. For a self-identified African American to want his brothers subjected to this kind of daily harassment for so little gain is pathological. NYC will soon face pressure to shut down its stop and frisk program because it has so little to show for it at a time when results are demanded of everything that costs money. Will the murder rate rise there? You betcha. It is rising as we speak. Even during stop and frisk the murder rate is rising. Hmmmm.... wonder if something similar is going on in Philly... ...

H

Old 07-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Don't know anything about Philly so I won't claim I do. NYC I do know something about. Last year there were 655,000 stop and frisks in the Big Apple. There were 800 non-gun related arrests and 88 guns recovered. Adjusted for scale that is the likely outcome of Philadelphia's stop and frisk program. Many black men in high risk area's will be stopped multiple times in a year and sexually assaulted by authorized law enforcement officers. Just because. For a self-identified African American to want his brothers subjected to this kind of daily harassment for so little gain is pathological. NYC will soon face pressure to shut down its stop and frisk program because it has so little to show for it at a time when results are demanded of everything that costs money. Will the murder rate rise there? You betcha. It is rising as we speak. Even during stop and frisk the murder rate is rising. Hmmmm.... wonder if something similar is going on in Philly... ...

H
Since the black community is unwilling to self police or raise their kids rights for the public good these measures should continue.

The success of stop and frisk cannot simply be measured by gun confiscation alone.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The success of stop and frisk cannot simply be measured by gun confiscation alone.
Why not? What other tangible benefits does it offer? The guilty satisfaction that 'out there' young black men are being stripped of their dignity dozens of times an hour? If I was white or a self-hating negro living outside the black community I would be pissed that my tax dollars are being wasted on pointless oppression and harassment tactics in a part of town I'll never be caught dead or alive in.

H

Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
More blood on the hands of the Black Left.

Keyword: rational, the Black Left is anything but rational.

Ah some rationality begins to creep in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/us...a.html?_r=1&hp
just so you know, no matter how much you want to hate on blacks, we're not going away.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
just so you know, no matter how much you want to hate on blacks, we're not going away.
Not all blacks, just left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies