Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think should happen?
Marriage for all. 45 52.33%
Civil unions for all. 8 9.30%
No government recognition. 22 25.58%
Other. Please explain. 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 05:45 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,393 times

Advertisements

Really. Seeing that what 60+% of marriages end in divorce why not just civil union everything. Marriage is in my opinion a religious rite. What does the government need to involve themselves in religious matters. Ugh so sick of hearing about all this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 05:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Yes sometimes genes make gentically altered children, whether physically or mentally. Homosexuals are mentally deficient in the gene pool. Deal with it.
Homsosexual have slowly been promoting their gay agenda on the US for some time. Look at TV/Movies. Look at how many gays were portrayed as gay in the 30's, 40's, 50's so forth and so on. Now, every dang show has flaiming homosexuals, same sex marriages with the required Chinese adopted child raised by them.
Makes it very difficult to watch TV with my kids and having to explain to them it is a fantasy lifestyle of some unfortunate people of society. Or, we just dont watch much tv. The agenda is to make everyone think it is okay to be gay, which it is not. Its a unatural lifestyle. That is my opinion as well as the majority of the planet, from humans to animals.
As a part of society, we will be represented in society. If you don't like seeing TV, movies, etc, don't watch them.

Homosexuality happens in humans, and animals, so it IS natural.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Contracts can be held to be non binding if there is proof of coercion.
That's easy to fix: change the law.

The judgment that coercion voids a contract is a moral judgment. Laws change as morals change.

I'm asking: is that judgment just your personal opinion, or does it come from some coherent system of morality you subscribe to?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:49 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,704 times
jjrose, you still haven't answered the question: do you have any objections to same-sex sibling marriage?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM

749 posts, read 838,363 times
Quote:
As a part of society, we will be represented in society.
Until such time as they figure out what makes you tick, and are able to correct it during gestation.

Then you will eventually become but a footnote.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
That's easy to fix: change the law.

The judgment that coercion voids a contract is a moral judgment. Laws change as morals change.

I'm asking: is that judgment just your personal opinion, or does it come from some coherent system of morality you subscribe to?
Children can be, and have been "groomed" into accepting abuses by adults that continue after they are no longer minors.

Do you think that only people who follow some book have morals? Golden rule is number one. It predates organized religion.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:51 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times
Quote:
As a part of society, we will be represented in society. If you don't like seeing TV, movies, etc, don't watch them.

Homosexuality happens in humans, and animals, so it IS natural.
beleive what you want. Its a gentic disorder, and its gross when you think of people like Barney Frank consumating his marriage with his now husband.
But, I have already said I choose what I watch. So, no need to try to trump me. You will be represented in society as people, no doubt, but as far as marriage goes, I will always vote no. Its not good for Kids to think a marriage between same sexes is okay. Its not.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
jjrose, you still haven't answered the question: do you have any objections to same-sex sibling marriage?
I did answer. As long as siblings who can not reproduce, and were not raised together wish to get married, I have no problem with it. That would get rid of the genetic issues, and the coercion issues.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Until such time as they figure out what makes you tick, and are able to correct it during gestation.

Then you will eventually become but a footnote.
Mother nature has a tendency to throw some serious curve balls when tinkered with.
Be careful what you wish for.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
beleive what you want. Its a gentic disorder, and its gross when you think of people like Barney Frank consumating his marriage with his now husband.
But, I have already said I choose what I watch. So, no need to try to trump me. You will be represented in society as people, no doubt, but as far as marriage goes, I will always vote no. Its not good for Kids to think a marriage between same sexes is okay. Its not.
Don't think about what two people do in their bedrooms. I don't.

Why do you have an obsession with other peoples sex lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies