Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Would a very healthy, active, athletic person who's smoked marijuana for 40 years count?

30 years here lots of hard worky, puff, puff..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 02:39 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
A symptom of marijuana intoxication is tachycardia. You may have measured your heart rate several hours after intoxication, but it is a commonly known side effect.
Wonder why you NEVER hear of any deaths related to ONLY smoking Marijuana?
I've been around users my entire life...no one has ever had issues or death related to pot.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
30 years here lots of hard worky, puff, puff..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I've been around users my entire life...no one has ever had issues or death related to pot.
Took the words right out...

Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I understand this. I just feel like people should be aware of potential probelms. That's all.

I want people to be safe. My thread isn't about the legality. There are plenty of things that are legal that cause serious health problems.

I acknowledge that, but I do think more studies need to be conducted.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
I understand this. I just feel like people should be aware of potential probelms. That's all.

I want people to be safe. My thread isn't about the legality. There are plenty of things that are legal that cause serious health problems.

beaples been smoking pot for milenia, good enough research for me

Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
beaples been smoking pot for milenia, good enough research for me
But nobody wants to walk around with a pacemaker if they don't have to. And the only way they can know the level of risk associated with it is through documented study.

But incedentally, you're right. I don't know of many people who have pace makers and things of that nature who are pot smokers, but I don't know many pot smokers, (at least to my knowledge).

Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
But Del Boy......their may/maynot be "potential" problems from pretty well anything you do in life...don't you think?...It's very nice that you "want people to be safe"....but there really is no need for studies when there is living/breathing/walking "proof" all around us....I can't see how wasting money on a "study" is going to open the eyes of anyone who prefers to keep them closed.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:25 PM

156 posts, read 195,456 times
Quote:
This thread isn't about legality issues.

It's just that most of the people that I know who use marijuana are chronic smokers. Some of them are athletes who smoke before they excercise.

I don't want anybody to unwittingly experience heart problems because they don't know the truth about this particular substance.

People often assume that marijuana is practically harmless. Many people smoke it everyday.

If it does cause cardiovascular problems, especially problems that could be signficant, people need to know about them.

How would you like if someone close to you had to be fitted with a pacemaker because they were smoking everyday under the illusion that marijuana is safe.

I mean, think about it. You can get marijuana with high enough potency to the point to where the amount of smoke they take in per day may be less than a ciggerate.

They may rationalize to themselves that it's safe because they aren't smoking very much per day.

Additionally, regardless of whether or not they smoke the substance, even if you eat it, it still causes tachycardia. People may use it and think it's harmless because they are not smoking it, only to find out years later they have developed signficant cardiovascular problems.

This isn't fair for people. I don't care what your agenda is on the legality of marijuana.

I just want people to know the TRUTH. They deserve to know the TRUTH.

Another (supported?) spokesperson morally obliged to do the great work of the virtuous Health Industrial Complex. Their conglomerated truth is that what we don't make what is bad for you (other than side effects and made-up ailments) but what we approve and suggest we manufacture ourselves, and governments agree due to taxation and regulatory control. Profit is the new wonder drug just as it was before it became improved through official corporate channels. Lawyers can be ever-so Shakespearean.

Do you work for UCSF, CDC or some other such nanny-statist/research grant-mongering entity?

I wonder about the moral background of the types of people who go on righteous, health-induced Crusades. Are they lib or con, religious or other, do they honestly believe that they will save people or are they operating off of a sense of vengeful revenge?

All life ends in death and while we are here we must live, and sadly, that is defined differently amongst so many 'thoughtful' people.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:

I think more research needs to be done to figure out why big Pharma sells meds that could potentially cause deadly side effects.
The meds they wanted to prescribe me for RA can potentially cause lymphoma and other cancers...as a matter of fact, most meds come with potential side effects that are much worse than your original problem.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is always a good idea to have your in your pocket when you're using, because you might need it to call the paramedics.
Nobody has EVER died from smoking too much marijuana. I think your a great poster, but I don't think marijuana is very dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies