Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:18 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,438,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Big surprise that someone from Oregon would be defending Nike....I am sure it still goes on too

Ok, so we should forget about past abuse then.....
Everyone can make mistakes and learn from them. You should go back and read some of the links I provided you. And then find me one other multi-national corporation that is doing the same.

To link Nike's Corporate policies to this... disgusting abuse though is going to far and is in totally different realms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
I was reading and hearing on tv a while ago, that there were more trustees besides Paterno who knew what was going on with Jerry. They all each one of them even Paterno, turns a blind eye to the problem at hand.

A very serious issue i might add. At the cost they took, to keep the allegations secret, they were making things worse for the victims.

They wanted none of this to come to lite, in that process, many innocoent became victims, and that is quite sad. We are suppose to protect our children, at all cost. And that cost is so clear to us now, isn't it. How long did this problem exist, and why wasn't it exposed. All faulted, are also to blame for the victims.

I don't give a crap about the Reputations of many who hid the real truth. In the process, you throw these boys under the bus, that is very wrong.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
And paterno has done more for others than most people, yet you folks can't wait to burn him at the stake....
Yea, he was great except for protecting kids from sexual abuse.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:32 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Hopefully they will rename it the Switzer-Sherrill Children's Center.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I was reading and hearing on tv a while ago, that there were more trustees besides Paterno who knew what was going on with Jerry. They all each one of them even Paterno, turns a blind eye to the problem at hand.

A very serious issue i might add. At the cost they took, to keep the allegations secret, they were making things worse for the victims.

They wanted none of this to come to lite, in that process, many innocoent became victims, and that is quite sad. We are suppose to protect our children, at all cost. And that cost is so clear to us now, isn't it. How long did this problem exist, and why wasn't it exposed. All faulted, are also to blame for the victims.

I don't give a crap about the Reputations of many who hid the real truth. In the process, you throw these boys under the bus, that is very wrong.
You have to wonder what kind of person can "look the other way" while a child is being raped in a bathroom.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times
It looks like Paterno was a real POS.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Yeah I think there probably would be too much irony in having a Child Care center of all things named after Paterno.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
....but ....but ....but......Nike once upon a time did something bad....so that means no one can criticize paterno....

Seems like there are some PSU fans lurking that are trying to make Paterno look better by acting even worse than him in thier post-game excuse making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies