Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 04:51 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Did not you teach your children how not to be victims?
No, of course not. I'm a negligent mother! What a stupid question. Just how did you "teach" your kids not to let a man 2-3 X their weight not rape them? I'm all ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 04:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, of course not. I'm a negligent mother! What a stupid question. Just how did you "teach" your kids not to let a man 2-3 X their weight not rape them? I'm all ears.
Was it forcible rape? You teach your children to respect themselves and their bodies. Pretty simple.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:19 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Was it forcible rape? You teach your children to respect themselves and their bodies. Pretty simple.
Just what do you know about this anyway? How many kids do you have? What ages are they? I can just see a little 10-12 year old boy saying "I respect myself, Mr. Sandusky". Then Sandusky laughs and rapes the child. Of course it's forcible rape at that age. For crying out loud!

"For every problem, there exists a simple and elegant solution which is absolutely wrong."
-J. Wagoner

http://www.stanford.edu/group/resed/...overheard.html

Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 PM

12,922 posts, read 13,256,902 times
Quote:
Are you a member of NAMBLA?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:10 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,395,916 times
Quote:
You definitely show your stripes when you frequent enough threads.

Hey, I tell altar boys now to carry guns and/or knives, and to stand their ground.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Paterno has now been directly linked to the cover-up by an official, and well-respected investigation; while the degree of his involvement remains secondary when compared to Curley, Schultz and the worst of the posturing, manipulative schlockmeisters who hijacked the program for commercial reasons, Paterno's legacy has been tarnished beyond repair, and his earlier achiements overshadowed.

Personally, I feel that the people who now most owe us an expanation are Paterno's sons; it's inconcievable to me that younger men on the inside of the program, with a much stronger exposure to contemporary "thinking", and the probability of more "street sense", didn't see this coming.

But the most vocal of the indictments here, beginning with Post #1, represent what they always have ... a venomous hatred just looking for someone else to serve as a target -- possibly a release for their own insecurities.
In light of what Joe Paterno et al did (or rather didn't do), you actually found it worthwhile to take a swipe at me????

I belive the insecurity might very well remain with you, since you felt the need to attack the messenger. What a ludicrous ending to an otherwise decent post. It's too bad you couldn't show a bit of partisan restraint on such a serious non-partisan subject.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
If we all aren't going to unite in common hatred against pedophiles and their enablers who seek to profit at the expense of children's innocence, then we might as well give up on the human race right now. I, for one, think that the OP was dead on with his post!!!!!
Thank you.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 alum kid View Post
I can't believe people can just throw Joe under the bus after all the good he has done. If it wasn't for him PSU football wouldn't have become a power house. Sure, a few people may have been hurt along the way, but that happens in any business. There are always a few casualties along the way. Remeber all the good that he did and all the money he brought in as well.
You honestly care more about football then innocent children who were molested And you think it's ok that this has happened because it happens in any business....really So basically what you're saying is ......screw how you get to the top, just get that at all costs. And if that means hurting children than so be it. Everyone should turn a blind eye to that. I just don't understand your logic in wanting to hurt children for the sake of a sport. Please explain if you can.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,887,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You honestly care more about football then innocent children who were molested And you think it's ok that this has happened because it happens in any business....really So basically what you're saying is ......screw how you get to the top, just get that at all costs. And if that means hurting children than so be it. Everyone should turn a blind eye to that. I just don't understand your logic in wanting to hurt children for the sake of a sport. Please explain if you can.
i don't get that post either.

surely we can have football programs that exist without cover-ups, and without scandal.

is the football system that far gone?

it certainly is far more important to be a decent human being than to just be "good at your job". sandusky could have been replaced and those children could have been protected, and paterno proved that he wasn't a decent human being for turning a blind eye on the abuse.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:01 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't get that post either.

surely we can have football programs that exist without cover-ups, and without scandal.

is the football system that far gone?

it certainly is far more important to be a decent human being than to just be "good at your job". sandusky could have been replaced and those children could have been protected, and paterno proved that he wasn't a decent human being for turning a blind eye on the abuse.

I actually think it has. Football seems to be more important than academics and anything else these days. The good old boys stick together. Look how long this has been going on and protected at Penn State. It's scary to think what other colleges this may be happening at. Or maybe not this necessarily but something just as horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies