Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are already multiple threads on this subject so I'm not sure why one would want to start another. Especially one based upon a falsehood. Paterno and Sandusky were never best buddies.

There is plenty to slam Paterno for without the need to make stuff up.

It seems like this happens in so many stories. IMO it's part of the reason the country has so much discord. I stated in the other main thread that I believe the child molestion aspects will forever be the opening topic of any discussion on Paterno now and his legacy is ruined. There is no need to try and make things up though.
So your argument is that they weren't "best buddies?" That's what compelled you to respond? To dispell any notion that they weren't best pals? You're kidding, right? The guy turned a blind eye to child rape, and you're here trying to defend the notion that he and Sandusky weren't best pals?? You realize that doesn't matter, right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 PM

749 posts, read 838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Agreed.

The NCAA should do the right thing and strip Paterno and Penn State of all of their wins and other awards going back to the first proven instance of abuse.
Give me a break. Can you possibly come up with anything more ludicrous?

Old 07-12-2012, 04:44 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Paterno should be loved by the rw. He followed the creed. Penn State made lots of money and provided jobs so who cares if some poor kids got hurt right?

Old 07-12-2012, 04:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Actually the NCAA should allow current players to transfer and play immediately at another school IMO. I wouldn't want my kid representing that school on the football field that's for sure.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Paterno should be loved by the rw. He followed the creed. Penn State made lots of money and provided jobs so who cares if some poor kids got hurt right?
Ignorant post of the day #2. Odd how that happens when liberals join the thread.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM

749 posts, read 838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ignorant post of the day #2. Odd how that happens when liberals join the thread.
You just never know what enema country is capable of.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Give me a break. Can you possibly come up with anything more ludicrous?
Meh. My college was stripped of all wins and a championship for several seasons because a player accepted money from a recruiter. Having the head of the team cover up for a guy who used a charity to find underprivileged children to rape is...well, I can't find a word to describe how much worse that is. It seems fairly obvious to me that the NCAA should take a stand on this, and that anyone who knew, and aided Sandusky, should spend some time in jail.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
You just never know what enema country is capable of.
Childish at best

Old 07-12-2012, 05:02 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
From what I understand, this is already beginning to hurt Penn state football with the loss of prospective recruits. It's going to hurt the university further from possible class action lawsuits using this investigation's results as evidence. They also may have lost some money from alumni. Time will tell how hard and long their punishment will be.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So your argument is that they weren't "best buddies?" That's what compelled you to respond? To dispell any notion that they weren't best pals? You're kidding, right? The guy turned a blind eye to child rape, and you're here trying to defend the notion that he and Sandusky weren't best pals?? You realize that doesn't matter, right?

If it doesn't matter there was no reason for you to include this in your discussion. He hid what Sandusky did not to protect Sandusky but to protect Penn State.

No, there is no moral difference in the two but I hate when people simply make things up. For you it seems that he did something wrong so the truth is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies