Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This woman talks about the dignity that blacks have who go to work and don't want a hand out...
Quote:
She sees that too many are hanging on the street corners getting into trouble and don't want to work.

Good for her. What a lovely woman to say she has her dignity and she does. She knows that some need a helping hand but the ultimate goal is to get a job . Black people who are old school are the rock of the black community knows what that dignity is. Hard working , wonderful people who don't blame anyone but knows they have the power inside themselves to make a good life.

No blame game , no racial resentment, this woman has no baggage and is a happy woman who is truly liberated. A diamond she is and there will be many more who will know that she is free and no one owns her.
Some here will say this is not the majority of blacks, that most are hard working middle class, I have my doubts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Why is her race important? She isn't the only black person that has issues with Obama or won't vote for him. I guess this is a reason to celebrate and get all tingly. All I see from the right is either praising of black conservatives or bashing of blacks which always involves crime and government handouts. If you don't like the race card, not focusing on race so much would help, but this just adds fuel to the fire.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:20 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Well not all black people are the same so I'm sure not all will vote for Obama so what's your point

Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe because she is commenting on white liberals going on TV and radio claiming that a voter ID discriminates against blacks, and she is outraged that they are essentially saying "blacks don't have sense enough to get a photo ID."

I don't think that asking potential voters for identification is racist or discriminatory because it won't just affect blacks, it will affect all races and especially elderly people. IMO both sides will lose votes over it, but I have a valid ID and a voter registration card and will still vote for Obama. Anyway, I guess I disagree with some liberals on this one, but I am still a liberal. I still don't what the big deal is about a black woman who isn't voting for Obama.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Some here will say this is not the majority of blacks, that most are hard working middle class, I have my doubts.

Of course you do, but the numbers tell a different story. The majority of blacks do not live below the poverty line (look it up), the majority of blacks are not on welfare and the majority of blacks have not served prison time but if it makes you feel better about yourself to believe that this is the case, do what floats your boat.

Last edited by Factsplease; 07-13-2012 at 11:53 AM..

Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Joyce is a long time conservative who does a lot of work for pregnant teen girls - if I remember correctly.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You are certainly entitled to doubt whatever you choose. However, most black Americans are not unemployed and hanging on street corners; just as most white Americans are not unemployed and cooking meth in trailer parks. In case you don't know, the unemployment rate for black Americans is 14.5%, which means 85.5% ARE employed. Of course, for Stormfronters and others who need to demonize black folks to support their anti-black agenda, a 14.5% unemployment rate is indeed the majority. After all, the majority of black folks can't possibly be employed if they're all sitting around smoking weed, waiting for their food stamps and welfare checks.

As for the percentage of middle-class black Americans, unless you've been living under a rock, you should realize the middle-class for all groups is dying. If the current trend continues, who knows, you may find yourself hanging on a corner. But, of course, that would be different.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I see you've jumped on the democrat 'war against women' bandwagon. How do you know the woman is an old hag? It's an audio, not a video.
Where'd you get that from the previous post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Probably not. I don't live in her community and she is closer to the problem of the joblessness. She sees it everyday.
Who doesn't? Are you living under a rock or something? You probably have unemployed people in your very neighborhood!

Quote:
What is a hoopals?
Is that your best response? Mock someone for a typo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This woman talks about the dignity that blacks have who go to work and don't want a hand out...She sees that too many are hanging on the street corners getting into trouble and don't want to work.

Good for her. What a lovely woman to say she has her dignity and she does. She knows that some need a helping hand but the ultimate goal is to get a job . Black people who are old school are the rock of the black community knows what that dignity is. Hard working , wonderful people who don't blame anyone but knows they have the power inside themselves to make a good life.

No blame game , no racial resentment, this woman has no baggage and is a happy woman who is truly liberated. A diamond she is and there will be many more who will know that she is free and no one owns her.
Dignity of blacks who go to work? Shouldn't that be the dignity of work for all people? Is it OK for whites to hang on the street corners getting into trouble and not wanting to work?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:

Call of the Day -- Joyce - YouTube

She makes many good points for her decision.

Go get em Joyce!!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:16 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
yeah...freedom to choose.. now why is her opinion more important than my own?
Because she's black. Or at least says the people who claim color doesn't matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies