Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM

52,268 posts, read 34,027,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Same as above. I went to one years ago and even though it was partially paid for, I still ended up spending around $300. The people I met, the seminars they led, the entire make up and feel of the crowd was older professionals. Not people looking for handouts and booing someone for taking away freebies.
um.. you forgot to point out where he's talking about black professionals and/or NAACP members in that statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,085,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You conveniently ignored the part of the video (also included in the title of the video) where he referenced "free stuff." Did you just not pay any attention or did you choose to ignore the fact that the made the same comment to white people?
Are you an idiot? That clip is literally him responding to someone ASKING FOR FREE STUFF. Who at that NAACP event asked about FREE STUFF? No one.

In fact, the only FREE STUFF Obamacare provides are for those who qualify for Medicaid.

So to recap: You're comparing Romney saying "if you want the FREE STUFF YOU ASKED FOR..." to a woman who ASKED FOR FREE STUFF to Romney saying to a group of people WHO DON'T GET FREE STUFF and aren't asking for FREE STUFF "if you want the FREE STUFF THAT YOU"RE NOT GETTING..."

Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,746,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I guess when the only card you have left is the race card, you will play it even though it doesnt fit.
Thank you for proving to the undecided voters that your side has nothing left to offer.

Wait, did I read this correctly. You're saying that it's the Republicans who are playing the race card?

How incredibly rich is that?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,087,943 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to anything like this? You have to pay in advance for tickets, and unless you live in the area, hotel & travel. Between meals, tickets, and everything else, you can easily spend $600 - $800 for the event.

Same as above. I went to one years ago and even though it was partially paid for, I still ended up spending around $300. The people I met, the seminars they led, the entire make up and feel of the crowd was older professionals. Not people looking for handouts and booing someone for taking away freebies.
I know plenty of people that don't have health insurance and pay that kind of money for vacations and other things. Some are those that just choose not to have it because it isn't free. Again, you have no idea the insurance situation of people in this crowd.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So the NAACP only represents well to do Black businessmen now ?
What does that have to do w/ anything? That crowd he was talking to are not the NAACP. They are attendees at an event sponsored by the NAACP. Mostly Black, mostly professional attendees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
um.. you forgot to point out where he's talking about black professionals and/or NAACP members in that statement.
You're playing with me right? Please tell me you don't need me to breakdown how he compared the Conservative crowd he's addressing to the previous crowd he spoke to, then compared their reactions, then compared their motivations for those reactions.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Anyhow, if they have it through work they normally have to pay something don't they? Maybe they like the idea of free Obama care instead.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
I know plenty of people that don't have health insurance and pay that kind of money for vacations and other things. Some are those that just choose not to have it because it isn't free. Again, you have no idea the insurance situation of people in this crowd.
That's even MORE of an argument against his freebie claim. If they don't have insurance now, they're going to have to pay for it w/ Obamacare. How does that help your point?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Anyhow, if they have it through work they normally have to pay something don't they? Maybe they like the idea of free Obama care instead.
What the hell is free Obamacare? Explain this free part and where it comes in to play if you're not very poor?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
What does that have to do w/ anything? That crowd he was talking to are not the NAACP. They are attendees at an event sponsored by the NAACP. Mostly Black, mostly professional attendees.

You're playing with me right? Please tell me you don't need me to breakdown how he compared the Conservative crowd he's addressing to the previous crowd he spoke to, then compared their reactions, then compared their motivations for those reactions.
He compared one crowd to another in regards to what they want? So what?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
He compared one crowd to another in regards to what they want? So what?
Really? The NAACP crowd wanted free stuff? What free stuff does Obamacare provide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies