Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:51 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You'd think people would learn from all the recent misinformation, lies, distortions and out right partisan maliciousness and manipulation and dishonest cut & paste of the news.

Gov Romney « Gretawire
Where am I misquoting him or misrepresenting what he's saying? FAIL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 AM

593 posts, read 1,411,227 times
Well at least he's not trying to hide his racism and class-ism. I'm glad he spoke his mind at the NAACP, that way we can make an informed decision about him as a person. He's an ugly, rotted corpse of a person. All I can say is: remember Seamus.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Romney: If you want more stuff from the government tell them to vote for the other guy -- more free stuff

Would this be the same Romney who diverted lots of "free stuff" to Utah for the 2002 Olympics that was looking like it was going under for the 3rd time?

Taxpayers Carry 2002 Olympics Load

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/19/us...pagewanted=all

Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
can we see a transcript where he actually said what you claim, that we can check for ourselves?

TIA
Someone posted it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Again. The above is a lie.

Republicans love to portray liberal/progressives as the people who love to advocate for free stuff. the NAACP is the only liberal/progressive organization that Romney has spoken to. Republicans do this because it is the truth. That has nothing to do with race.

I guess when the only card you have left is the race card, you will play it even though it doesnt fit.
Thank you for proving to the undecided voters that your side has nothing left to offer.
What are you talking about? You're not even making sense. Let's say that your characterization is accurate of Republican's is correct... why would middle/upper income Democrats fight for free stuff THEY'LL NEVER USE? That alone shows how stupid your point is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Another failed attempt at generating a racial issue. Here is the first time Romney used "vote for the other guy." This was in March and he said it to a white woman in a primarily white crowd. Apparently, if he treats everyone the same then he's a racist to some.

Romney: If you're looking for more free stuff, vote for the other guy - YouTube
Who's talking about the "other guy" comment? I'm talking about the "free stuff" comment when talking about Black professionals who are not trying to get free stuff, who don't even qualify for the free stuff. Either stay on point or remove yourself from the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What it comes down to these days is saying the other guy is going to take away your entitlements and/or rights.
And this works for both sides.

Biden told them the Repubs want to take away their Civil Rights. Conjures up images from the 60's right ?

Politics is one big smear party that's televised. Reality TV at its finest.
What entitlements?! Why are you even bringing up entitlements when Obamacare has nothing of the sort to offer this crowd?

You're doing it again...

Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Romney was at a fundraiser describing a previous speech to another crowd and how they were not receptive to his criticism of Obamacare. So who was this other crowd he's referring to that was unreceptive to the idea of gov't "freebies" being taken away? A group of drug-addled prostitutes? Welfare mothers? Chronically unemployed?

Nope. It was the NAACP convention. For those of you that have never been to an event like that, the vast majority of that crowd are Black, working professionals, and a lot who aren't are in school to reach that level and beyond. These are tax payer, and people who more than likely already have insurance through their job.

So it seems that no matter the crowd, no matter the achievements, Republicans & Conservatives alike just want to believe that Blacks are scammers, trying to get free things from the gov't and that's why they vote Democrat. On this board, the defenders come out and defend their ilk by denying that Republicans push that message or the ones that do are inconsequential nobodies. Wrong again.

Would any Conservatives like to take a stab at defending the face of the Republican party playing up the racist sentiments of good-for-nothing scamming Blacks, even when the crowd he's talking to are working, middle/upper class professionals?
This isn't true. Anyone can become a member and you don't have any idea who has health care and who doesn't in that crowd.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Someone posted it below.
okay, i read it now.

can you point out where he's talking about black professionals?

Quote:
"But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff. But don't forget nothing is really free. it has to paid for by people in the private sector creating goods and services, and if people want jobs more than they want free stuff from government, then they are going to have to get government to be smaller. And if they don't want to repeal Obamacare they are going to have to give me some other stuff they are thinking about cutting, but my list takes Obamacare off first and I have a lot of other things I am thinking of cutting."

Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Someone posted it below.

What are you talking about? You're not even making sense. Let's say that your characterization is accurate of Republican's is correct... why would middle/upper income Democrats fight for free stuff THEY'LL NEVER USE? That alone shows how stupid your point is.

Who's talking about the "other guy" comment? I'm talking about the "free stuff" comment when talking about Black professionals who are not trying to get free stuff, who don't even qualify for the free stuff. Either stay on point or remove yourself from the discussion.
You conveniently ignored the part of the video (also included in the title of the video) where he referenced "free stuff." Did you just not pay any attention or did you choose to ignore the fact that the made the same comment to white people?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Think about this....

They boo'd him for saying he'd take away free stuff they won't even get for 2 more years.

What's going to happen if our country's financial situation gets to the point where we really do have to start cutting back on free stuff they're getting today ? Scary prospect eh ? Don't fool yourself into thinking austerity won't come to the US. We're just the last holdout.
You need only look to Greece as the model for taking away "free govenment stuff"

All the countries in the EU are faced with austerity and taking back the cookie jar from all the deadbeats they were financing. Students rioted in London and started burning the city. Why? Because they wanted a free ride education and unsustainable retirement deals.

They have become addicted to "free stuff" and burning cars and buildings are withdrawls. People are completely disconnected from the bottom line. They don't care where money comes from, they just want it; after all, breathing is hard work.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
This isn't true. Anyone can become a member and you don't have any idea who has health care and who doesn't in that crowd.
Have you ever been to anything like this? You have to pay in advance for tickets, and unless you live in the area, hotel & travel. Between meals, tickets, and everything else, you can easily spend $600 - $800 for the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
okay, i read it now.

can you point out where he's talking about black professionals?
Same as above. I went to one years ago and even though it was partially paid for, I still ended up spending around $300. The people I met, the seminars they led, the entire make up and feel of the crowd was older professionals. Not people looking for handouts and booing someone for taking away freebies.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Someone posted it below.

What entitlements?! Why are you even bringing up entitlements when Obamacare has nothing of the sort to offer this crowd?

You're doing it again...
So the NAACP only represents well to do Black businessmen now ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies