U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM

13,620 posts, read 11,654,715 times

Advertisements

what you think?? i haven't had not one traffic citation in over ten years

Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers Than Non-Marijuana Users, New Study Shows | Natural Solutions Radio
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,745,455 times
In my 20+ years of driving (I was a stoner before I was a driver, got my license as an adult) I have had 3 single car accidents.
All my fault of course. Two where on a graveled mountain road and I just slid too much and dumped myself into the bank.
The other was a major roll-over flip on the hiway.
I know there is a joke about women drivers, but what ever gives the joke merit, it's not me. I have had many a man tell me I 'know' how to drive. I can take a 2-wheel drive (with one pair of chains) down a back mountain road in 12-18 inches of snow.

In all three of those accidents I was COMPLETLY sober.
The two little ones was on my way to work, the major was on my way home from a few days visit with my mother.
I wonder what would have happened in those times if I had been stoned.
Maybe I would not have had those accidents.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:32 AM

4,892 posts, read 6,938,493 times
Sorry to say it really doesn't matter. If the pharmaceutical companies could find a way to profit from marijuana it would be in every drug store in America probably sold as an OTC. The sad part is that with cities going bankrupt and states not far behind and a federal government in need of funds the tax revenue from marijuana goes untouched while lining the pockets of the drug cartels. Our prisons have at least 25% inmates behind bars for minor drug offenses. At a cost of $28,000 per inmate annually and paying that bill by cutting the salary and positions of police is just plain stupid.

I firmly support the medical use of marijuana. I also believe legalizing, taxing, regulating is the the right thing to do.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 AM

24,874 posts, read 22,282,097 times
People shouldn't use any mind altering substance and drive. Nor should they drive sleepy, or with underinflated tires, or without seat belts.

Hell people shouldn't get in a 4000 lb car and travel at speeds in exccess of 60 MPH.

But we can't keep people safe all the time. And these things will happen, illegal or not. So make fines high, but keep criminal penalties to a minimum. But quit making stupid laws saying just because you are drunk, or stoned and nit having an accident, that you should go to jail for something you might do. The idea is ridiculous.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:08 PM

11,451 posts, read 17,925,111 times
Default Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers Than Non-Marijuana Users, New Study Shows

It just goes to show how stupid studies are, you can make a study come out any way you want it to.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,698,816 times
As long as there isn't someone in the car to eat?

Cannabis cannibal? Pot, not

Tests in cannibalism case: Zombie-like attacker used pot, not 'bath salts' - CNN

Old 07-15-2012, 12:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 4,620,099 times
I can only speak for myself and my driving record as someone who enjoys the herbage.
I have never had a speeding ticket or an accident that I was faulted for...I'm 44 years old, and have a perfect driving record.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 PM

11,577 posts, read 14,611,671 times
Default An Excuse..

To use and drive impaired. Justification using a study that holds less weight then corn flakes. if they did a study saying meth and 2 bottles of Night train a day makes you smarter and a hit with the opposite sex you would believe it.

C.M. Punk's gonna have something to say about this.......

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM

10,002 posts, read 9,506,746 times
Don't drive impaired. While going slower tends to be safe I seriously doubt both a drunk and/or stoned person's ability to stay within lanes. Aside from that driving 30 on a highway is extremely dangerous.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:34 PM

32,747 posts, read 36,243,905 times
It's crazy to think how many people drive impared without ever touching alcohol or marijuana. I'd be willing to guess MOST people have at some point, whether it was being tied, emotional, angry, mentally distracted, whatever. And while I support laws to punish those who purposely put people at risk by making themselves impared then driving and such, I don't like the "get them before they actually do anything wrong" approach we seem to love so much. We can't remove all the risk from life no matter how much we try, and when we try too hard life becomes difficult for people who don't do things wrong. It's a catch-22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies