Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 PM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
First of all you have to understand all of the groups that joined the movement who were already of this mindset before the protest even began. You'll find anarchist and other "fringe" groups throughout the city. Many of the cities' unwanted joined the movements and the protesters in many cases were just too friendly to push them away. Again, if I were to list the countless illegal and invasive acts done by police officers in this country the list would be even longer. I have more respect than that though, and my point isn't meant to demean police officers in this country.
Yes, well, they should have thought about that before they started bumping shoulders with the fringe... The same problem sank the hippie counterculture... Peace and love, not a bad message to send to the world. A world free of war and senseless violence towards your fellow man is something I believe we would all prefer. Too bad that movement also included the fringe... Groups like the Weather Underground, the acid crowd, even the Manson worshipers... They pretty well tainted the image forever. Not hard to see why the hippie culture was eventually pushed to the fringe, and ultimately became was rejected among the masses.

Face it... The OWS movement was a simple fad. They were largely unfocused in their efforts, and eventually were reduced to being seen as a mere noisy mob of smelly kids, largely suffering the same fate as the hippie countercultural revolution. Read a history book...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 04:42 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hardy har har. Not only has martial law been considered they plan to use it just in case Obama may look like 2012's loser in October. Hang in there and watch it happen.
And when that doesn't happen, will we see you on here saying "I was wrong", or will you carry on as if you never said it?

(I think I already know the answer)

Old 07-22-2012, 05:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, well, they should have thought about that before they started bumping shoulders with the fringe... The same problem sank the hippie counterculture... Peace and love, not a bad message to send to the world. A world free of war and senseless violence towards your fellow man is something I believe we would all prefer. Too bad that movement also included the fringe... Groups like the Weather Underground, the acid crowd, even the Manson worshipers... They pretty well tainted the image forever. Not hard to see why the hippie culture was eventually pushed to the fringe, and ultimately became was rejected among the masses.

Face it... The OWS movement was a simple fad. They were largely unfocused in their efforts, and eventually were reduced to being seen as a mere noisy mob of smelly kids, largely suffering the same fate as the hippie countercultural revolution. Read a history book...
You've already got your mind made up. Instead of recognizing the message, you shoot the messengers. No need of debating.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:48 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Too "friendly"?? Unadulterated BS!! Occupiers wanted only NUMBERS,...and didn't care how, where, or who helped make them look "BIG". The Occupiers were so caught up in their mob mentality that they thought themselves relevant. Big mistake.

If a movement can't police itself, it is of little value to itself or anyone else. Lack of ability to police oneself, and lawlessness, are the primary reasons no one gives a flying ratazz about the Occupiers any more.

You really need to face reality. The Occupiers are yesterday's news. Nobody cares about them any more.
Didn't you say you didn't talk to protesters directly??

Old 07-22-2012, 06:16 PM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You've already got your mind made up. Instead of recognizing the message, you shoot the messengers. No need of debating.

I already said I agree with some of the basic of what they are arguing. However, they have completely ignored the cause. Instead, they choose to whine about their own personal suffering, and en mass, they look like a loose haggle of instigators and cry babies. Hence, I don't pay them any attention. What is there to debate... America has already forgotten about them, the same way they forgot about the hippies, and for the same reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies