Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 02:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Totally untrue Roy.
Not totally untrue. You know who finances those two blogs and why they do what they do. Maybe the part about where you get your Rush info is untrue but the rest of that is so true that it has to hurt you people who read there..

Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
"Go paint in the projects where all the Obama supporters are at"

I fail to see a word in the above quote that relates to race.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The left is allowed to make baseless, fact-less and unprovable assertions, cuz they are view themselves as the good guys.
The good old progressive double standard in effect.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
it must be nice to be a white male and either pretend that racism does not exist or be the one who makes sure that it does.
To be honest with you, no, it's not very nice to be a white male.

Why is that you ask?

Because we have to put up with all the whining, crying, moaning & whaling black people who place blame and point fingers at white people for their friggin' lot in life. People you've never met, and never will meet.

...and after all that, you wonder why some of them despise the sh** out of you.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
i NEVER listen to RUSH
I just tried your experiment and it worked on me.. I thought of OCTOMOM.
so it must be MORE than RUSH pushing this agenda... threads like this are just as guilty.

That is a valid point but even octomom can be considered to be black, but I can see your point. But sence you are not a avid rush-head the experiment would not have worked on you anyway

Old 07-13-2012, 02:31 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Like I said before it depend on who said it. You just answered the question that I was about to ask, why did'nt rush put it the same way that you did? Because he knew what he said and it was intended to be offensive towards blacks.
So the statement itself doesn't seem to take it in the racist direction, but the fact that Rush said it overrides the actual words stated and makes it racist?

Most people would not have used these words simply because it's not how people speak conversationally:

"Go paint in the projects where there is a segment of people who are likely to be Obama voters." If they had, it really doesn't seem to change the meaning much from this anyway as far as the racial element is concerned:

"Go paint in the projects where all the Obama supporters are at."

It seems that the main argument is that the words themselves are not racist but because Rush said it, it's racist. I don't like Rush and have never listened to more than 5 minutes of his show. I agree that he can be rude and is generally obnoxious, but I can't identify the racism in his sentence.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Hey, as far as I'm concern if people call her a punta, you wont hear a peep from me but if you call her a white punta I would take offense just as I would with Palying

Most people in this country don't give a damn about skin color.

It's the politicians and the media who hype it up.

Really people should ignore the instigators.

When you talk to the man or woman in your community - whether White or Black - you get along and respect each other - and like each other.

It is the media and the politicians that are trying to divide us. Don't fall into that trap.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
"Go paint in the projects where all the Obama supporters are at"

I fail to see a word in the above quote that relates to race.

Ok, but why does all of the Obama supporters have to come from the projects? Why could'nt they have come from the trailor parks? Or from the suburbs? Like I said before consider the source.

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
To be honest with you, no, it's not very nice to be a white male.

Why is that you ask?

Because we have to put up with all the whining, crying, moaning & whaling black people who place blame and point fingers at white people for their friggin' lot in life. People you've never met, and never will meet.

...and after all that, you wonder why some of them despise the sh** out of you.
Maybe because you decided to oppress everyone around the damn world. Some of them? Like who? Let me guess.

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
If Rush is such a racist, why did he hire his call screener, twice. If his call screener thought Rush was a racist, why did he move from NYC and buy a home in West Palm Beach to work for Rush, again. Or is Bo Snerdly just another uncle Tom?
Liberals can enter their snide, snarky remarks in the next post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies