Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times

Advertisements

Western Nevada College Instructor Tom Kubistant Allegedly Required Students to Masturbate, Reveal Sex Fantasies to Pass Karen Royce | Video | TheBlaze.com

Sicko! Who would let their highschooler sign up for that class anyway? RIDICULOUS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
I don't have a problem with either in a human sexuality class, however, they both should be optional, not required.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Did you actually read to the end of the article?

"Western Nevada College has since defended Kubistant after an investigator reviewed the course syllabus and interviewed students and found “no evidence” of sexual harassment. 'The investigator found no evidence to support the student’s complaint of sexual harassment,' school spokeswoman Anne Hansen said in a statement. 'In fact, the investigator found that the instructor was considered to be an excellent and caring professor, who, with the exception of that one student, appeared to be universally admired by other students who had taken the course.'"

Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Did you actually read to the end of the article?

"Western Nevada College has since defended Kubistant after an investigator reviewed the course syllabus and interviewed students and found “no evidence” of sexual harassment. 'The investigator found no evidence to support the student’s complaint of sexual harassment,' school spokeswoman Anne Hansen said in a statement. 'In fact, the investigator found that the instructor was considered to be an excellent and caring professor, who, with the exception of that one student, appeared to be universally admired by other students who had taken the course.'"
Yes I read the article that I posted. If they think that this is okay, there is something wrong with them.

I would feel better about this if it were optional, but it wouldn't be much of a step up; it would go from to for me.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Yes I read the article that I posted. If they think that this is okay, there is something wrong with them.

I would feel better about this if it were optional, but it wouldn't be much of a step up; it would go from to for me.
There's no substantiation of the student's claims whatsoever. Read that article again. The results of the investigation do not mean that what the student said happened actually did happen and that the other students were ok with it.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
I think you missed the word that was right there in the headline. ALLEGEDLY

There was no proof to back up the students claim.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Why? Is it a sin against God to masturbate?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Gee, I wonder why 24 countries rank higher than the US. Math vs masturbation. Your education dollars at work.
Can things get any weirder?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why? Is it a sin against God to masturbate?
For college credit? Absolutely!!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Since the accusations were brought by a 60 year old freshman the only thing that comes to mind is.....it's never too late to learn.

Tom Kubistant, the instructor, allegedly forced freshman and late-high school students to “openly discuss their orgasms” and masturbate, according to the federal complaint, filed by former Western Nevada College student and aspiring social worker Karen Royce, 60.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies