Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,322 times

Advertisements

Walker always been libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 05:06 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times
Walker was the poster boy for racial buffoonery and 30 years after his show was canceled he`s running his mouth. Maybe he wants to be one of those black folks that the GOP puts in the front seats at their convention every 4 years.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Walker was the poster boy for racial buffoonery and 30 years after his show was canceled he`s running his mouth. Maybe he wants to be one of those black folks that the GOP puts in the front seats at their convention every 4 years.
So that's why jay z is a pub......

Old 07-14-2012, 05:52 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wonder if he voted at all and who he thinks is the right guy. Sometimes it's what you DON'T say.

Not that I care what Jimmie Walker thinks but it seems like every time a celebrity or random black person goes on record as not voting for Obama it's going to get it's own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Team Obama is pursuing an explicit strategy of using celebrities to try to promote re-election. So Obama supporters can hardly complain if an Obama opponent brings up Jimmie Walker.

I think team Romney should try to find as many celeb supporters as possible and put them out there. Yesterday I heard about a survey that found that more Americans know about the Tom/Katie divorce than about the SCOTUS ruling on ObamaCare.
I think this is an excellent rebuttal of the complaint about celebrities being used.

Obama has secret meetings with Hollywood and the entertainment industry all of the time - and he has no problem using their fame, fortune, time and talents for his own benefit.

So, yes, we should highlight these occurrences.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,617,892 times
Hmm well at least this thread wasn't about Morgan Freeman again. I think it's great...I don't know why people in Hollywood are even involved. Most don't live in the real world anyway. But Jimmie maybe more like you and I since I don't think he is famous.

I really don't care what color Obama is..so again the race card has to be played-

Old 07-14-2012, 06:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Jimmie is of course correct. We finally elected a black president and this was dang overdue.

We elected the wrong black man for the job. Simple and simply true.
I don't know about it being overdue, but we sure did elect the wrong one. Well, someone did.....I certainly didn't.

Jimmie Walker would be better than what we have now.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
We're supposed to care?

Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Don't care about the color of one's skin. But i can understand and see how in 08 most black people voted for Obama, that is understandable.

But 4 yrs later, most questions asked, are you truly better now then 4 yrs ago, are you having a easy time of it.

Has the change that has been bestowed you from Obama, help or hurt you. Do you still have your job, we know the true answer for many many Americans unemployed. Have you been able to buy a home, keep your home. We know those answers. College Grads, since graduating College, have you been able to find a job, we know those answers.

I probably would not have a problem with Obama, just too hang out, like Walker said, he is just not the right person for this job. Most people if honest, are not better off. Infact last night late late, the show i was watching, claimed again, since Obama has been President, we have more unemployed then ever, and more women unemployed, and more people on welfare. And more small children who are homeless. The guy said, we cannot go on like this.

Being known as a Welfare Nation, to me is nothing to be proud about.

I don't think any of us need the words from Jimmie Walker, to tell us what we already know, or any celebrity, who makes it seem like everything is just grand, guess what for them it is, so easy to say to everyone, things are going great. They are not the average joe.

Actually Obama fits right in with Hollywood, now in 0/12 can we please give him his wish!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:41 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I guess if the Conservatives trot out enough Black Americans that aren't supporters of President Obama it might somehow can people's mind.

Beside being a one-shot wonder in sit-com that is about 35 years old why does Jimmy Walker even matter?

Is that REALLY the best you can do?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I guess if the Conservatives trot out enough Black Americans that aren't supporters of President Obama it might somehow can people's mind.

Beside being a one-shot wonder in sit-com that is about 35 years old why does Jimmy Walker even matter?

Is that REALLY the best you can do?
Has he fattened up any in 35 years?

I oppose Obama, but I find this idiotic. If they had to go all the way down to a hasbeen comedian, who no one has seen in 35 years, there must not be many black celebs opposing the Big O. (Apologies to Oscar Robertson)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies