Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times

Advertisements

So you have someone who didn't support or vote for Mr. Obama in the last election saying he won't vote for him this time around? So. Where's the controversey or surprise in that? None exists. The man is entitled to his opinion. That someone here thinks Mr. Walker's opinion is defining or worthy of following ... should be the real controversey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Jimmie Walker, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr., Jon Voight and Chuck Norris.

Wonder if the combined I.Q. of that line-up would hit triple digits?
Roseanne Barr and whoopie Goldberg , the intellectuals of the democratic party.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:47 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Who cares what this guy thinks. You posters with the "this black person isn't voting for Obama" stuff is pretty pathetic.

Also wanted to note that many of you talk about "black people" being all the same and getting handouts and having a horrible, violent, ignorant "black culture" yet you continuously keep trying to show some sort of, I can only think of the word "token" black. Very pathetic indeed.

FWIW, JJ is or was in a relationship with Ann Coulter so I hope this is not surprising for some of you. Also, he has been in other things since Good Times, I lived him as the grandfather in Chris Rock's sitcom "Everybody Hates Chris."

Never really liked Good Times, since I also think that it is quite a piece of bufoonery and that it was unrealistic of public housing life at Cabrini Green, especially in regards to the MANY times they had an opportunity to get out of the projects, but they never did. They used to **** me off actually, those stupid episodes.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
I'm not sure why Mr. Walker's opinion is really relevant. Obama hasn't been the best president but he's better than "Buffalo Butt" Romney

Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
So you have someone who didn't support or vote for Mr. Obama in the last election saying he won't vote for him this time around? So. Where's the controversey or surprise in that? None exists. The man is entitled to his opinion. That someone here thinks Mr. Walker's opinion is defining or worthy of following ... should be the real controversey.
Mr. Walker is black. Here on CD, whenever a black person critiques the President it's news. Nevermind the 45 million or so white folks that voted for him in 08 and will do the same in 12.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Jimmie is of course correct. We finally elected a black president and this was dang overdue.

We elected the wrong black man for the job. Simple and simply true.
Reminds me of Thomas Sowell's great column from April 2008.
An Old Newness - Thomas Sowell - National Review Online
Quote:
No doubt it is only a matter of time before there is a black president, just as it was only a matter of time before Paul Waner got his 3,000th hit.
The issue is whether we want to reach that landmark so badly that we are willing to overlook how questionably that landmark is reached.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 PM

419 posts, read 465,924 times
Jimmie Walker is entitled to his own opinion --- as is everyone else. Not sure why someone felt it rated a thread, but evidently OP thought it did. Perhaps someone else can mention how Rick Santorum thought Romney was the worst republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama. Or the fact the Colin Powell, a very prominent republican, endorsed and voted for Obama in 2008.

On the other hand, who cares?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Reminds me of Thomas Sowell's great column from April 2008.
An Old Newness - Thomas Sowell - National Review Online
Jimmie Walker reminds you of Thomas Sowell?

Not sure if that's a compliment to Jimmie or an insult to Sowell.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:37 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Love him. Saw this interview. My mom laughed when I said "Dynnnooomite" she was surprised that I knew who he was, but said that she taught me well. LOL.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Jimmie Walker reminds you of Thomas Sowell?

Not sure if that's a compliment to Jimmie or an insult to Sowell.

Does it take special tools to twist words that hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies