Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by millionaireforRomney View Post
She is wealthy and she has grown her wealth because of all of the pathetic people who like to watch her and everything she does. Seems to me that makes her pretty smart. All wealthy people are not smart, but they pay advisors to tell them what is in their best interests. If they give them bad advice, they get fired.
She was born into wealth. Anyone who is poor and doing what she does would be labeled a $lut (or a hooker.) She was born into a famous family, and enjoys an inheritance that bought her a manager. That manager does her thinking for her, just as your financial planner does for you. Money for brains.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:41 PM

25 posts, read 13,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
There is a huge difference to someone posting ideas that could make sense (regardless of party) and someone who signs up, calls himself a MillionaireForRomney and then posts that people who don't pay taxes shouldn't get a vote. That the wealthy should get 1 vote per $1k in taxes paid. Then uses the tax structure from two centuries ago as a model? Maybe slavery should be brought back too. Maybe women and minorities shouldn't get a vote. After all, us serfs are only here to serve millionaires.

That anyone is buying this is absurd. That people give this op a legitimate thought is beyond reason.
I have no problem with women and minorities being able to vote based on how much taxes they pay. There is a wealthy neighborhood about 3 miles away from where I live that is majority african american. I certainly have no problem with them voting. My hope is that would vote for what is in their best interests, and certainly paying less taxes would be in their best interests. I am really a one issue kind of guy, since that is really the only issue that has any impact on me.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
mandatory drug testing for voters sounds almost as outrageous as the OP's suggestions. Banning drug users for life from voting is nuts, you call this making sense yet you call the other suggestions absurd?? Now that is beyond reason
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said "that COULD make sense"

Give me a break and stop trying to compete with millionaire boy on the idiocy scale. You bypassed my response to that post. Why don't you go back to page 1 and catch up before making a fool of yourself.

I'm outta here anyway. Just being in this thread has made my IQ drop 20 points.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
She was born into wealth. Anyone foing what she does, only poor, would be called a **** or a hooker. She was born into a famous family, and enjoys an inheritance that bought her a manager. That manager does her thinking for her, just as your financial planner does for you. Money for brains.
Sounds like she has a good manager. You want to find the stupid people. Just find the people who watch her show, and constantly read about her. Those people should not be allowed to vote. I would trust her to vote correctly, because the people that she pays would probably advise her to vote for the person that would be in her best financial interest, which is really the point of this thread.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
How about just a basic civics test at the voting booth....

Old 07-14-2012, 01:56 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
I would trust her to vote correctly, because the people that she pays would probably advise her to vote for the person that would be in her best financial interest, which is really the point of this thread.
There you go, folks. Paris Hilton, who sits on her ass all day living off family wealth that she had absolutely no hand in creating, deserves to vote more than the guy who works 40+ hours a week, supports his family and actually contributes to society, because she can hire people to think for her and tell her who to vote for to make sure that poor working slob never gets a say in his country's future, especially if it might hurt her bottom line in any way. I was correct earlier, you truly do lack critical thinking skills...

Old 07-14-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There you go, folks. Paris Hilton, who sits on her ass all day living off family wealth that she had absolutely no hand in creating, deserves to vote more than the guy who works 40+ hours a week, supporting his family and actually contributing to society, because she can hire people to think for her and tell her who to vote for to make sure that poor working slob never gets a say in his country's future, especially if it might hurt her bottom line in any way. I was correct earlier, you truly do lack critical thinking skills...
She pays more taxes than joe six pack. She pays for the road he drives to work on every day. Joe six pack should wake up everyday thanking us for providing him the ability to get to work on public roads every day.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Did you not learn in school about voting rights? That until 1850 only land owners had the ability to vote. Instead of attacking me personally, why don't you Obama supporters actually debate the issues.
She is not an Obama supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies