Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Same sex marriage isn't marriage
If you say so. I suppose up is down and down is up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
That's the thing, white upper middle class liberals marry at extremely high rates but support policies and a mass media culture that diminishes marriage to everyone else.
Marriage is basically a personal decision. It people think it will bring value and enrich their lives they will do and if they don't it won't.

This doesn't have a damn thing to with politics.

It's also ironic while you railing about the attack on marriage, the states with the highest divorce rates tend to be RED STATES.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Marriage is basically a personal decision. It people think it will bring value and enrich their lives they will do and if they don't it won't.

This doesn't have a damn thing to with politics.

It's also ironic while you railing about the attack on marriage, the states with the highest divorce rates tend to be RED STATES.
The why is marriage between homosexuals different? Why is it all about politics in that case?

Also the government most definitely is encouraging out-of-wedlock births and that is a problem because the taxpayers are having to pay the enormous costs from this.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Remember this?

Quote:
Bearing babies irresponsibly is simply wrong. Failing to support children one has fathered is wrong and we must be unequivocal about this. It doesn’t help matters when primetime TV has Murphy Brown, a character who supposedly epitomizes today’s intelligent, highly paid professional woman, mocking the importance of fathers by bearing a child alone and calling it just another lifestyle choice. I know it’s not fashionable to talk about moral values, but we need to do it! Even though our cultural leaders in Hollywood, network TV and the national newspapers routinely jeer at them, I think most of us in this room know that some things are good and other things are wrong. And now, it’s time to make the discussion public. It’s time to talk again about the family, hard work, integrity and personal responsibility. We cannot be embarrassed out of our belief that two parents married to each other are better, in most cases, for children than one. That honest work is better than handouts or crime. That we are our brother’s keepers. That is worth making an effort, even when the rewards aren’t immediate.

So, I think the time has come to renew our public commitment to our Judeo-Christian values in our churches and synagogues, our civic organizations and our schools. We are, as our children recite each morning, one nation under God.
Vice President Dan Quayle; The “Murphy Brown” Speech | Live from the Campaign Trail

How I remember how the feminazi's branded Quayle the worst bigot in the entire world for daring to utter such nonsense.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:46 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Sure here are some things liberals have done to undermine marriage:

1. Great Society programs
2. A mass media, controlled by liberals, that promote and glamorizes single motherhood
3. Abortion

1. ?
2. You mean like Bristol Palin, of course.
3. What does abortion have to do with marriage. I don't follow your connection.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
That's the thing, white upper middle class liberals marry at extremely high rates but support policies and a mass media culture that diminishes marriage to everyone else.
What do you mean by the "attack on marriage", or "diminishes marriage". I am not liberal, and I am married, but I have never seen any evidence of these attacks.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-15-2012 at 01:19 PM..

Old 07-15-2012, 12:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Not everyone can stay married even if they get married over and over and over. Just a fact folks.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:38 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
The why is marriage between homosexuals different? Why is it all about politics in that case?
Because a bunch of right wing bigots have decided that to stick their noses into other people's business. For a bunch that drones on and on about freedom, they sure seem to love telling other people what they can and cannot do. It's only a political issue because the right thrives off turning people's private lives into political issues.
Quote:
Also the government most definitely is encouraging out-of-wedlock births and that is a problem because the taxpayers are having to pay the enormous costs from this.
What are you talking about?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:44 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
[/color]

1. ?
2. You mean like Bristol Palin, of course.
3. What does abortion have to do with marriage. I don't follow your connection.
1. Like welfare. Why get married if you can live just fine off of handouts?

2. And "Teen Mom" and "16 and pregnant" and Kourtney Kardashian, and...

3. Abortion being legal means single women have the choice of aborting the fetus instead of 'having' to get married.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Sure here are some things liberals have done to undermine marriage:

2. A mass media, controlled by liberals, that promote and glamorizes single motherhood
3. Abortion

????? You mean like WIC...and other programs that feed children that are here because the mother DIDN'T get an abortion...

2. A mass media, controlled by liberals, that promote and glamorizes single motherhood.

LOL! Ya, that old scary non-extistent monster "liberal media"....that is too funny and stupid to even debate

3. Abortion

Married/christian/ Republican women get abortions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies